Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm beginning to hate this statue. First time I tried to buy one (on ebay), the seller discovered he actually had already sold his last one. The second time I tried to buy one (here), it got lost in the mail. :gah:
Oh man! That's just terrible luck. This is my only Mythos thus far, but it's a must own! It's well worth the wait! I just hope you get one for a reasonable price. I also hope you get your money back for the one lost in the mail...

Isn't this guy too big to be shipped through USPS? I always thought they had a size limit they would accept. Either way, that's a big piece of mail to go "missing."
It would be very close to the limit. You might be right. I would never trust USPS with something this big or expensive. I'm all about Fed Ex, but UPS is okay too...

I only ship my statues with FEDEX .... really great service there !! USPS only for international shippings...

lost in mail ????? how is that possible ?? tracking ??

Never underestimate USPS's ability to screw up. There's a reason UPS and FedEx run profitable businesses while USPS in billions in the red.

Good luck tracking down the statue, yodasan. It would be a shame if an Obi-Wan Mythos was lost to the world.

If anyone in the UK is after one of these Forbidden Planet in Manchester have one for £280, which is a bit of a bargain, also have Boba for £300 as well.

Never underestimate USPS's ability to screw up. There's a reason UPS and FedEx run profitable businesses while USPS in billions in the red.

Yep. It was the GOP's mandating that the USPS pre-pay 75 years of retirement plans.......

If anyone in the UK is after one of these Forbidden Planet in Manchester have one for £280, which is a bit of a bargain, also have Boba for £300 as well.

Gutted Im nowhere near Manchester to take advantage of that deal, at £280 thats as good as its gonna get for us folks in the UK!!!

beautiful piece! I have it set up with the Ben Carre piece as a back drop... hopefully this line continues

Hello everyone , i heard that the obi wan mythos have issue about his leg can't keep the balance.
Is it easy to fix ? because i wanna get this piece .Thank you very much.

Hello everyone , i heard that the obi wan mythos have issue about his leg can't keep the balance.

I think your talking about how much the statue is leaning to the left which was done intentionally but threw us off guard at the beginning. It looks unbalanced but the idea behind it is hes walking though heavy wind thus the lean. Besides his base is utterly massive cant see balance ever being an issue with this statue.

When he first arrived to collectors, a lot of people felt the pics showed too much of a lean. I even was nervous of how he looked, but after I set mine up, there hasn't been a single issue. And he looks fantastic. As Elementcharm said, the statue itself is massive and the weight is quite hefty, but he won't be toppling over on you. I have yet to hear of that happening to anyone.

Well, to reply another way. I know a few people (including me) had problems where the front foot doesn't go all the way into the slot so it may not be 100% stable. But, I think if you work it a bit it will be fine or at least go in far enough to work.

Cancelled my wait list for this when I ordered the P2 maquette, hopefully somebody will benefit from that down the line...

gumaredu.jpg

Groupshot! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man I really want to find one of these...
I put my order in for the piece only to have them email me at the end of the day saying that they had sold out of them not moments before I had put my order in. I've been on the wait list ever since then.

Here's to hoping on shows up somewhere.....

Back