Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Madden is a different kind anyway ! :lol

yes usually all we have are the little silver raised part where the prototype had the hook for the hilt..

Good to know that it's not just mine. They could've at least painted that area beige after deciding to drop the hilt and filling it in. So I guess my only issue is that small chip. I sent an email with pics attached to SS. Now I'm just waiting to here back.

Good to know that it's not just mine. They could've at least painted that area beige after deciding to drop the hilt and filling it in. So I guess my only issue is that small chip. I sent an email with pics attached to SS. Now I'm just waiting to here back.

It's so that when you buy your lightsaber hilt from myc, you have somewhere to hang it!

I also think that I got someone's head replacement. The item had been opened before. But It was all plastic wrapped very well. Everything looked great. Except that eye.

Found out the edition number... It's 1232.

Well I just sent back my googly eyed one.. So one of you lucky dogs should be converting soon. Of course it will be googly eyed. Sorry.

I have a bad feeling about this...

Looks like my Spidey-sense was right on the money. I just received #1232.... :slap

I am going to attempt the whole replacement thing, but I am 100% certain I know what the answer will be. Looks like this particular one is most likely going back to Sideshow for, what appears to be, at least a third time. We'll see what they say.

So, this is proof positive that Sideshow redistributes already declined product to other patrons? I know we've speculated it for a long time, but this seems like definitive proof...

Shameful, me thinks... :(

Wow, Sideshow really is a shady business. I have speculated they have been doing this for a while just like everyone else and now we have proof.

So, this is proof positive that Sideshow redistributes already declined product to other patrons? I know we've speculated it for a long time, but this seems like definitive proof...

That's really disappointing. At a minimum this should have been a distressed and marked-down product.

This is so bad because I have read over at other forums of people who have received replacements from SS that SS claimed were brand new replacements from the factory after they kept their customers waiting months sometimes without even returning their e-mails/calls. And then finally the customer manages to get through and get a replacement and when they do it appears to them as it must have been someone else's return. And now they are filling peoples waitlist items with returns also.

Sideshow just flat out lies to their customers. There is no way around it. I am speechless as to how they have not gotten caught sooner or how they are still in business. I hope the BBB is contacted over this. Its about time SS learns their lesson.

Last edited:

Well, the ES numbers don't lie. SS might find it difficult to explain this. Very shady.

This thing cost me $40 in shipping. It's big and it's heavy. If they can't provide a replacement head sculpt, I will be opting for a full refund. So that's at least $80 in shipping fees (here and back) they're eating on this one transaction alone. Given the size of the box, I can only imagine the shipping costs are very similar no matter where it goes in the country.

So since it's gone to JAWS, myself, and quite possibly at least one more person, Sideshow has opted to gamble on this one piece, and has lost an estimated minimum of $200 in shipping. Not to mention all of the repackaging effort and employee hours trying to find this particularly flawed piece a new home. Yet, the best they can offer a customer is a $35 partial refund and keep the statue or send it back for a full refund, no matter the severity of the issue.

I'm still on the WL for this, but thought it was all But a certainty that they redistributed. A WL converted hawkeye had smileys on the packaging, and they rarely offer up distressed items for sale. 2+2. Worst part is you are still paying for new and they don't even fix or check the return.

Wow, Sideshow really is a shady business. I have speculated they have been doing this for a while just like everyone else and now we have proof.

I guess I don't really see the issue as much. I mean if you can send it back for a full refund then nothing is lost from the customers side... Right?? Except some time and the frustration of getting your hopes up for a great statue. I know Stores sell items all the time that have been returned... Granted sometimes at open box discounts. I am sure they think someone might get it who is not as OCD as all of us and be happy with or never notice the eye. Or perhaps be happy with the Alec head.

Now if they have flat out said that this is not something they do then shame on them. However They should just be honest and let the buyer be aware of what they are buying.

But at the same time if they buyer can return it for a full refund then I guess it's just SSC loss since they keep getting nailed for the S&H.

I guess I don't really see the issue as much. I mean if you can send it back for a full refund then nothing is lost from the customers side... Right?? Except some time and the frustration of getting your hopes up for a great statue. I know Stores sell items all the time that have been returned... Granted sometimes at open box discounts. I am sure they think someone might get it who is not as OCD as all of us and be happy with or never notice the eye. Or perhaps be happy with the Alec head.

Now if they have flat out said that this is not something they do then shame on them. However They should just be honest and let the buyer be aware of what they are buying.

But at the same time if they buyer can return it for a full refund then I guess it's just SSC loss since they keep getting nailed for the S&H.

I just think its really bad business not letting the customer know what they are getting, especially when according to their website waitlist items are supposed to be fulfilled when a customer cancels an item/ card is rejected, a sold out item comes back in stock, or warehouse inventory adjustments/mistakes. It doesn't say anything that these items that come back in stock are back in stock because there is something wrong with them and they have been returned by another customer.

Stores I know sell things all the time that have been returned because of defects but the store must let you know the item has been returned because of defects before selling it to you. Every store that I can think of that does this offers a discount off of the price of the item.

If Sideshow would let the customer know beforehand then I would have no problem whatsoever with this, but they haven't, and I'm certain this isn't the only time this has happened either. Besides being really bad business I believe its also illegal.

At the end of the day Sideshow's dishonesty is shocking and I have made my mind up that this is a company that I will not be making any more purchases from.

I just think its really bad business not letting the customer know what they are getting, especially when according to their website waitlist items are supposed to be fulfilled when a customer cancels an item/ card is rejected, a sold out item comes back in stock, or warehouse inventory adjustments/mistakes. It doesn't say anything that these items that come back in stock are back in stock because there is something wrong with them and they have been returned by another customer.

Stores I know sell things all the time that have been returned because of defects but the store must let you know the item has been returned because of defects before selling it to you. Every store that I can think of that does this offers a discount off of the price of the item.

If Sideshow would let the customer know beforehand then I would have no problem whatsoever with this, but they haven't, and I'm certain this isn't the only time this has happened either. Besides being really bad business I believe its also illegal.

At the end of the day Sideshow's dishonesty is shocking and I have made my mind up that this is a company that I will not be making any more purchases from.

You make some great points but it wont get me to stop buying from them. In the long run, for me anyways, the good experiences I have with SS far outweighs the bad.

You make some great points but it wont get me to stop buying from them. In the long run, for me anyways, the good experiences I have with SS far outweighs the bad.

Thats good that they do. I've just read too many horror stories about this company and I know with my luck it will only be a matter of time before something like this would happen to me. I have seen a thread over at StatueForum dedicated just to Sideshow's QC issues. That right there set off a red flag for me.

I think Sideshow needs to make some changes soon. I think with more problems like this being reported customers will start to abandon ship very soon. People who have been with Sideshow for years and have an extensive collection will be less likely to give up on Sideshow than someone who hasn't.

But just this last month I have been following a story where Sideshow was very disrespectful to a customer who had been collecting with them for years. Sideshow could have chosen to put things right very easily but they instead chose to abandon their long time customer.

Sideshow is just in my opinion a very poorly run business. For the prices they charge for these things I expect a pretty flawless experience always.

Last edited:

Some valid points. The problem I have is that they're not up front about this practice. I've seen SSC reps flat out say that they do not ship returned statues to other customers. Not only that, but they included a letter in the box I received for Obi-Wan, stating that the box had previously been opened by their QC department to personally inspect it for flaws.

Now, it could be true that they inspected this particular piece before shipping it out to me. However, I don't believe for a second that this same "service" would have occurred if the statue hadn't already been opened by another customer. The letter implies it was only opened by Sideshow, and only for the purpose of quality assurance. We have proof to the contrary, and the letter was simply included to attempt to explain why everything had already been opened.

Some valid points. The problem I have is that they're not up front about this practice. I've seen SSC reps flat out say that they do not ship returned statues to other customers. Not only that, but they included a letter in the box I received for Obi-Wan, stating that the box had previously been opened by their QC department to personally inspect it for flaws.

Now, it could be true that they inspected this particular piece before shipping it out to me. However, I don't believe for a second that this same "service" would have occurred if the statue hadn't already been opened by another customer. The letter implies it was only opened by Sideshow, and only for the purpose of quality assurance. We have proof to the contrary, and the letter was simply included to attempt to explain why everything had already been opened.

Lies, dishonesty, and bad business. No way around it.

I agree with this is a terrible practice that is nothing short of deceitful.....

I am positive I was sent a returned Obi Wan....

The brown shipper looked like it had been in a bar fight, the plastic bag around the mythos box was torn, stretched, and had holes in it, the mythos box had a crushed corner, the statue doesn't sit in the base completely flush and the Ewan head has crossed eyes.....

I am still trying to resolve this with SS CS who advised me they have no definitive information on if the item I was sent had previously been retuned (yeah right):cuckoo:

To add insult to injury CS responded to my 1st email and I have sent another two since and have now been ignored for 9 days...

To get this too me in Australia I paid $120 shipping

I had this on flex pay well before it sold out and expected a brand new item not someones returned item with issues

Back