Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine from the first batch and all he needed was a replacement hand w/ lightsaber. He's complete with misprinted edition number and everything - topped off by myc's awesome lightsaber hilt!

I'm glad I'm not the only one! The misprint didn't bother me at all, this piece came out beautifully!

As long as the statue is ok without defects why would anyone risk exchanging it for another one just to have the edition size number corrected? It would be a huge risk. Anyway it never bothered me at all.

As long as the statue is ok without defects why would anyone risk exchanging it for another one just to have the edition size number corrected? It would be a huge risk. Anyway it never bothered me at all.

That's exactly what i thought! Plus, i was in the middle of moving so I didn't have time to deal with that kind of stuff!

I would have thought the same as you.

At first I had old Obi but now I switched to young Obi since that fits the story better. And light saber on belt. :)

Great pics, Gartogg. Glad to see someone displaying the Guiness portrait. Are you going to try to get myc's custom hilt for his belt? It really does fit the statue perfectly, I'm sure you've seen pics.

Which of the two portraits do you guys prefer? And with or without light saber?

Old Ben with light saber for me... in saying that where I have him displayed I have room for the saber, but it does take up alot of real estate lol

Great pics, Gartogg. Glad to see someone displaying the Guiness portrait. Are you going to try to get myc's custom hilt for his belt? It really does fit the statue perfectly, I'm sure you've seen pics.

Thanks mate, trying to improve my photography skills so I appreciate the comment

Old Ben all the way for me.... Im a OT guy and Alex is who I grew up with as Kenobi so I would say 90% of the time it will be Alex, plus I got a googly eyed Ewan sculpt so not even a option til SS send me the replacement

Haven't decided if I will get one of Myc's sabers... they do look awesome but I think I will have him displayed with extended saber all of the time so it would most likely be stored away all the time anyway

Myc is a master at his craft tho, no two ways about it!!!

Old Ben is the only way to go. Personally I like him with the saber hilt and open hand. Just doesn't make a lot of sense to have a Jedi Master wandering the Dune Sea with his lightsaber ignited. Either way, this piece is truly one of SS best to date.

Old Ben is the only way to go. Personally I like him with the saber hilt and open hand. Just doesn't make a lot of sense to have a Jedi Master wandering the Dune Sea with his lightsaber ignited. Either way, this piece is truly one of SS best to date.

I see him as walking into a tusken camp ready to take more of them out to add to his array of prizes on his back pack lol

I change portraits every Friday evening after work. It's already become a habit. I also detest the plastic lightsaber especially on this statue for the same reason I would detest the light up feature to be a part of this line. I think that both a plastic saber or a potential light up feature cheapens these fully sculpted works of art.
Same goes for Mythos Vader. I prefer his yellowish paint job than being lighted.

I prefer Alec Guinness and the open hand. I switch it every once in a while, but it spends 90% of the time as Guinness.

Back