Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Send it to me Ken! :D
If they let me keep it, you can have it. But I don't think they will. They replied to my email, once again telling me to destroy it. And I responded again that I don't have the necessary tools, and that someone I know was asked to destroy a Bossk head and had a difficult time doing so (somebody posted that in here somewhere), and that I don't want to ruin any table or counter-top, or my driveway or sidewalk, while attempting to destroy it. I once again offered to send it back to them. We'll see what they say...

I just saw on Sideshow's site the Vader Mythos is an edition size of 5000.. Ridiculous. I pre-orderd mine the first day it was available it said limited edition TBD figuring it would be 2500 like the others. At what point does this no longer become a collectable? The could have made it an exclusive run of 2500 like everything else, then made a second run of 2500. At least those that pre-orderd this well in advance would have a true "limited" edition. Anyone have any opinions on this?

I just hope the paint work comes through on this and they move a lot of the product. If they stockpile them in a warehouse, the Mythos line runs into the possibility of being put on hold. SW is a huge license and it sells very well, but 5000 of a statue at $350 a pop is a tad risky. Especially considering how new this line is.

Vadar got a fairly big marketing push from other site's. I remember being on IGN movie's and they mentioned it as "the coolest Darth Vadar statue ever"

He is also potentially the best one in this initial line or the worst. Which ever way you want to look at the paint.

I think they have taken a slight gamble. It could also be other reasons. I mean do you think Sideshow are really being that kind when they offer replacements or vouchers? They are a business and what they give from one hand they will take with the other.

Personally I think 5000 is too high. The line, although quietly going about it's business, is not the mega hit I think they thought it would be. The sideshow site as a whole has just far too much stuff available at one time. Who can afford to purchase the Marvel Hulk, The Dark Rider, Galactus. Batman and Superman PF's AND bust into another line!!?!

To much stuff is why I sold marvel stuff to focus just on sw ... its kind of ss loss.. but otherwise there is a lot os sw stuff anyway.. and with new movies on the horizon.. oh Boyd

To much stuff is why I sold marvel stuff to focus just on sw ... its kind of ss loss.. but otherwise there is a lot os sw stuff anyway.. and with new movies on the horizon.. oh Boyd

I think there's a certain satisfaction in stream lining you're collection into one or two area's. When you are involved in a lot of line's it almost feels like you have to give every single bloody piece consideration and feel confused over choices.

When you decide to sell up you can flesh out a whole line with the funds and really get invested into something and give it dedication. Like the guy's who to stick to Star Wars or Lord Of The Rings.

Sometime's those collections look a lot better on display also. I think that's the reason these are not flying off the shelfs. New line, new scale, potentially more coming down the line......:thud:

I have no doubt though that if you were to have every Mythos piece, you would have one hell of a SW set up.

That's the thing we all have that #1 thing but lots of others. I've been thinning out items that didn't deal with Middle-earth. I'm keeping a few items to represent those licenses that I like but I do enjoy seeing my collection being mostly items dealing with Middle-earth. So I can totally relate to people narrowing their focus.

1.5 weeks later and still no word on my replacement due to the crack on my first one. Left message on their machine too...boy customer service is top notch now...

I think there's a certain satisfaction in stream lining you're collection into one or two area's. When you are involved in a lot of line's it almost feels like you have to give every single bloody piece consideration and feel confused over choices.

When you decide to sell up you can flesh out a whole line with the funds and really get invested into something and give it dedication. Like the guy's who to stick to Star Wars or Lord Of The Rings.

Sometime's those collections look a lot better on display also. I think that's the reason these are not flying off the shelfs. New line, new scale, potentially more coming down the line......:thud:

I have no doubt though that if you were to have every Mythos piece, you would have one hell of a SW set up.

:goodpost:

I remember not too long ago, I had a ton of PFs and loved them. The T2 was fantastic, the Hellboy II with big baby was a sight to behold, but I was always focused on SW.

As I started to dive into LOTR, I realized my collection was starting to go too many different directions. I then refocused and went strictly Original Trilogy.

Yes, I am getting the "Big 4" Avengers and the Superman PF, but my superhero/comic collecting ends there.

As I'm blown away by the Kenobi Mythos, I still come back to the PF as my first choice. As odd as it sounds, it feels good to know my collecting days are winding down.

My next passion will be to invest in how to show it off appropriately.

1.5 weeks later and still no word on my replacement due to the crack on my first one. Left message on their machine too...boy customer service is top notch now...

I ordered a Boba Fett bust from them it arrived on the 2nd of April damaged I got a response yesterday so just over 3 weeks after sending the original email . They have asked me to destroy which I did and provided pictures . I got another email now asking for a picture of the edition number on the base . So I know have to dig out the bin and take more pictures .....

There customer service is good but long winded

:goodpost:

I remember not too long ago, I had a ton of PFs and loved them. The T2 was fantastic, the Hellboy II with big baby was a sight to behold, but I was always focused on SW.

As I started to dive into LOTR, I realized my collection was starting to go too many different directions. I then refocused and went strictly Original Trilogy.

Yes, I am getting the "Big 4" Avengers and the Superman PF, but my superhero/comic collecting ends there.

As I'm blown away by the Kenobi Mythos, I still come back to the PF as my first choice. As odd as it sounds, it feels good to know my collecting days are winding down.

My next passion will be to invest in how to show it off appropriately.

:exactly:
I started collecting the Gentle Giant line of Star Wars statues in the beginning. Then I got some more money and discovered Sideshow statues (which were always out of my price bracket). Suddenly I was confronted with all these cool statues and scattergunning anything that looked great.

Now I'm a bit more disciplined when planning my purchases but I still have a few "odd" PF's in my collection which don't really go with anything else.

Focus and constraint is the way forward.:lecture

This isn't a gamble.

#1. It's Darth @&$?ing Vader.
#2. 5,000 pieces may seem like a lot. But it's 5,000 pieces worldwide for the best @&$?ing Darth Vader statue.
#3. Their cost isn't anywhere close to 350. You can rest assured its almost all margin.
#5. It's Darth @&$?ing Vader.

As odd as it sounds, it feels good to know my collecting days are winding down.

That's exactly where I'm at right now. Trying to wind down my collecting days.

I've always wanted original versions of the OT posters. I purchased Star Wars Style A this week. I plan on selling 90% of my collection to fund these purchases because most of my collectibles just aren't doing much for me anymore. I plan on keeping my eFX Legend Vader, Stormtrooper PF, Scout Trooper PF, and my Kenner figure collection (the first SW collectibles). The only things on the horizon for me are the Snowtrooper PF and Legend Stormtrooper (if that ever happens).

DW, I would expect you to know better. :slap

There is simply SW, ESB & ROTJ.

The episode moniker from the PT has muddied up my vocabulary over the last decade, so it's going to take some time to get that out of my system. :slap

EDIT: Thankfully I have Harmy's SW that completely eliminates the Episode IV text. :rock

Back