Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like the second batch that was scheduled for April has now been pushed to June which meeans anyone who takes Sideshow up on their offer of a full replacement will have to wait until June to receive it. :(

are you sure about that !?!??!?!?!? do you have a confirmation from SSC about this ??

are you sure about that !?!??!?!?!? do you have a confirmation from SSC about this ??

No confirmation. I just looked on Sideshow's product page for Obi Wan Mythos and it states June for delivery so I am assuming that anyone who wants a full replacement from the second batch per the email will have to wait until June. I don't think this involves their normal replacement stock though.

oh man... just emailed the person who takes care for my replacement.. I hope it does not effect replacements. :(

oh man... just emailed the person who takes care for my replacement.. I hope it does not effect replacements. :(

I don't think it will affect the normal replacements. I am in the same boat as you. I have a replacement request in with Sideshow and was thinking about doing the full replacement from the second batch but don't want to wait until June. I plan to call them today to see if I will be able to get my request handled from their replacement stock.

I agree. I think, in time, this will turn out to be a very sought after piece. Everything about it is just great.

This is the ultimate Obi Wan statue. It's all there (except the hilt;) all his adventures. The look on his face (both versions) just tells a perfect story for Obi Wan and the adventures he has had to endure.

If I like the character more I would have Ordered this no question.

I don't think it will affect the normal replacements. I am in the same boat as you. I have a replacement request in with Sideshow and was thinking about doing the full replacement from the second batch but don't want to wait until June. I plan to call them today to see if I will be able to get my request handled from their replacement stock.

I got this back from Sideshow.. there is still hope for us !!

Dear Michael,

Thank you for your email.

Please be advised that our inventory is different for returns and for new orders that are placed. You may not have to wait us to receive our next shipment of this item.

Once our Returns Department contacts you gets to your claim, we will email you and let you know exactly when we will send out your replacement.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Best Regards,

Jennifer Bigham

Got mine yesterday!

2b74d7a4ccf7dbadebc27cb746e4ab94_zps35c1789c.jpg

fe749ab20640b3a513a2b2ffc495aa59_zps0bb32c45.jpg

Great pics! Now put the true Kenobi portrait in there! :wink1: I don't think I've ever seen this many pics of a statue with a piece intentionally broken off. I know a couple were probably accidental, but the majority were not.

Nice shots! Glad to see full shots with the younger ben sculpt. :rock

Ewan McG did a great job as Kenobi in the prequels, but IMO no one will ever upstage the great Alec G! It's great to have both portraits as they are both perfect representations of the character.

Sideshow has updated their product images for Ol' Ben. Gone the hilt is. (You might have to dump your cache to see the new ones.)

Cool name Yakface! Welcome to the forum. Wow, joined in Nov 2011, and only your first post today!

Thanks, I'm Jayson for over at Yakface.com. Now that Hasbro has pretty much given up on producing anything collector oriented, I've been hitting Sideshow pretty hard for collectibles. This Obi-Wan Mythos snafu is what prompted me to join the discussion though :wave

Ewan McG did a great job as Kenobi in the prequels, but IMO no one will ever upstage the great Alec G! It's great to have both portraits as they are both perfect representations of the character.

He did a great job. Both were equal to me as without both you wouldn't have such a great character. I agree its great to have both and makes me wish I had enough money to show both sculpts off all the time.

Back