Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish this damn weather would clear up. Seven inches of snow is keeping me from taking pics of this and several other things. :mad:

Now after seeing this in-hand, I am really happy with it. I love it.

I will be contacting Sideshow on Monday.... I received TWO Guinness head sculpts and no Ewan..... No big deal to me though.... I am sure SS will pull thorugh for me....

BTW, I have #100.......

I know it's completely insignificant, but I got #99. Which means our statues must have stood beside each other, sometime in the manufacturing process. :hi5:

I picked mine up on Friday. Assembly took a while. Now that it is set up , I am blown away by the detail and the presence of this piece. It's absolutely amazing and really reaches the level of a work of art. Since there are so many better pics then mine already posted, I will just post one with the Alec head which I think looks the best.

2itodn9.jpg

This next pic shows one issue I found on the body after the piece was fully assembled. Normally I would just ask for a replacement but since this piece has so many accessories to attach to it and I am not sure if I could take them all off without breaking them. I am on the fence as to what to do. I am leaning toward just living with it due to the hassle of dissembling the piece but would like some input from fellow freaks.

This issue is that one of small cylinders on the belt has a piece missing and the area where it is missing was just painted over. It's a small issue but should have been caught imo.

5weedc.jpg

Last edited:
Personally, I couldn't live with the busted half intact food pellet canister...

But that's me. I'm finding new sloppy paint strokes and misses on mine every day. But they don't bother me like a broken part would.

Personally, I couldn't live with the busted half intact food pellet canister...

But that's me. I'm finding new sloppy paint strokes and misses on mine every day. But they don't bother me like a broken part would.

I totally agree. I am also more forgiving on paint apps then a broken part. The broken canister really does bother me so I decided to ask for a replacement body. The good news is I just successfully removed all the extra parts without any damage. :yess: It was a somewhat tedious process but not as bad as I had imagined it to be. I was really only worried about the rope and the saber hilts but everything went great. I will be sending an email to Sideshow today requesting a replacement body.

Thanks furystorm for helping to lead me toward making the decision that I really knew deep down was the right one for me. :hi5:

I have a feeling they will ask you to either a. send the whole shamalamadingdong back, or b. break your figure and they will still replace the entire statue.

Just guessing there.

Yeah, you had to do it. You just didn't want to do it. ;)

BTW - Im awaiting the arrival of my gaffi stick and spear combination which arrived broken. But to be honest, I don't miss them in the least. He looks great and is only missing the unlit hilt to my eyes...

Because I'm looking at him from a front point of view. ;)

I have a feeling they will ask you to either a. send the whole shamalamadingdong back, or b. break your figure and they will still replace the entire statue.

Just guessing there.

Yeah, you had to do it. You just didn't want to do it. ;)

Indeed. Sometimes you need a nudge that says make the decision you know you should make. :lol Plus I really do want this piece to be as good as possible because it looks so darn nice in every way.

You may be right about the replacement although in the past they have just replaced the piece with the issue. I could see them wanting the whole thing sent back if certain pieces are mated to certain sculpts and can't be mixed. I have to get my Ewan head replaced too due to a brown paint dot on his nose. While I would prefer they replace just the pieces with issues, I'll have to let Sideshow make the call on how they want to do it. They know best.

BTW - Im awaiting the arrival of my gaffi stick and spear combination which arrived broken. But to be honest, I don't miss them in the least. He looks great and is only missing the unlit hilt to my eyes...

Because I'm looking at him from a front point of view. ;)

:lol Yeah I can see how you could feel that way. The front is the focal point after all. I agree about the missing hilt. Once we have that in hand, the piece will be complete.

Last edited:
I am quite disappointed about the lack of lightsaber hilt....otherwise statue is awesome...keep going back and forth between the alec and ewan portraits!

please put me on that lightsaber hilt wait list !!!!!!

Alec will always be Kenobi for me. Ewan did a good job, but Alec is it.

I agree. I am more of an OT fan so that probably has my thought process skewed but as good as Ewan was in the PT he just can't take over the reigns from Alec. Alec was Kenobi for 22 years before Ewan stepped into the role so he pretty much owns it imo

The statue scares me.

I should get it this week and I want to put it together to inspect it and take pics but I then have to 'un-build' it and put it back in the box in the garage for several weeks....

I'm so scared I'm going to break something.

The statue scares me.

I should get it this week and I want to put it together to inspect it and take pics but I then have to 'un-build' it and put it back in the box in the garage for several weeks....

I'm so scared I'm going to break something.

There isn't too much to fret over. The right hands are a little tight and the gaffi stick and rifle are a bit flimsy as is the rope w/ grappling hook. Overall, you should be okay.

Well, I jsut contacted Sideshow about my duplicate head sculpts of Guinness (and no McGregor)... I just sent them the photo of both of them together. We will see what happens....

Has any one else had a similar issue? Maybe got two Ewan heads?

I am hoping not to have to send the whole thing back as the rest of the statue is flawless. Plus, I rather like that I got #100.

Well, I jsut contacted Sideshow about my duplicate head sculpts of Guinness (and no McGregor)... I just sent them the photo of both of them together. We will see what happens....

Has any one else had a similar issue? Maybe got two Ewan heads?

I am hoping not to have to send the whole thing back as the rest of the statue is flawless. Plus, I rather like that I got #100.

I doubt you will have to replace the whole statue. I've had subpar headsculpts before and SS just sent me a new one instead of a whole new statue.

Back