Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received mine at work today (#23). Quickly opened it for inspection and to look at the saber situation. There was no unlit hilt and I can't see where you would attach it. There is a hook sculpted into his belt but it is solid with no gap to use as a hook. Mine does lean, but I think it is meant to be leaning to give the effect of fighting the wind.

Well this really sticks in my crawl.:mad:

does your also indicate an ES of 1200?

Yes the edition size said 23/1200.

Just got off the phone with customer service and they informed me there were production changes to this statue. The Obi-wan hilt was omitted from production. They were sorry it wasn't mentioned online or the pictures were not changed. Again, there is not supposed to be a hilt for Obi-wan. This really sucks for those who wanted to display without the ignited saber, plus the ignited one does look small on this piece.

Last edited:
Received mine at work today (#23). Quickly opened it for inspection and to look at the saber situation. There was no unlit hilt and I can't see where you would attach it. There is a hook sculpted into his belt but it is solid with no gap to use as a hook. Mine does lean, but I think it is meant to be leaning to give the effect of fighting the wind.

One thing which surprised me was the COA inside the large envelope. It is a small art print with a description by the sideshow design team on the back.

Overall I am pleased. The lightsaber hilt would be nice to have especially with the open hand.

Well now there is pretty solid confirmation... That sucks. Seriously why would you display an open hand with no saber on the belt.

via chat:

Sideshow Christina: That statue will not come with the additional hilt, they are working to update the photos on the website.
He will have the lightsaber in hand though.

This kind of crap that SS is pulling just p&ss*s me off! :gah:

Yes the edition size said 23/1200.

Just got off the phone with customer service and they informed me there were production changes to this statue. The Obi-wan hilt was omitted from production. They were sorry it wasn't mentioned online or the pictures were not changed. Again, there is not supposed to be a hilt for Obi-wan. This really sucks for those who wanted to display without the ignited saber, plus the ignited one does look small on this piece.

Well that is a real bummer! :mad: I guess the most we can hope for now is a partial credit if we complain.

Did they give a reason why it was omitted jaymac?

Total bull****.

What kind of marketing wizards are making these calls?

I got it, lets give him QGJ and anakins saber, but lets just pretend he lost his saber up a dewbacks *** hole.

Total genius.

After seeing proto pictures and the lead-up to the pre-order I had very high expectations for this piece.

Then came some in-hand photos and he looks great. But the fact they mislabeled the base and removed a piece (some could say an essential piece) from the statue I feel that SS really dropped the ball with this guy. The fact that they are "updating" pictures is another way of saying, "we're erasing all signs that we ever promised an unlit saber hilt," and that's just bad business. I expected more SS.

After seeing proto pictures and the lead-up to the pre-order I had very high expectations for this piece.

Then came some in-hand photos and he looks great. But the fact they mislabeled the base and removed a piece (some could say an essential piece) from the statue I feel that SS really dropped the ball with this guy. The fact that they are "updating" pictures is another way of saying, "we're erasing all signs that we ever promised an unlit saber hilt," and that's just bad business. I expected more SS.

While I think overall the piece is still a home run sculpt and paint app wise, I do agree the missing hilt was an essential piece and it is pretty shady of Sideshow to omit it without any advance notice.

Well, we'll always have the permanent proof provided by the art box included. I'm a bit disappointed. I've yet to open him up as I've been studying all day, but I'll crack him out tonight.

If they won't send us our unlit hilts, I'd like to suggest that we somehow commission a batch to be made...

Man, seriously.
SS is becoming the synonim for Fail.
First, they launch a new line, the Mythos line. Great, good expectations, good ideas here.
Maul, with utterly idiotic paint problems that could be easily avoided with just an inch of brain.
Obi Wan, with a missing piece - and at the ROCK BOTTOM price of $349, plus shipping. Without even a notice of the fact that said piece wasn't included anymore - and considering how much this statue has been delayed, I bet that they knew it and had time to update it.

I'm almost out of here, preordered only the Gamorrean and probably will re-sell it and skip this line, maybe I'll take Vader if he comes out GREAT.

Well, we'll always have the permanent proof provided by the art box included. I'm a bit disappointed. I've yet to open him up as I've been studying all day, but I'll crack him out tonight.

If they won't send us our unlit hilts, I'd like to suggest that we somehow commission a batch to be made...

I was thinking that exact thing, but have zero ability in offering anything. If one of the fine craftsmen on this board do offer something, I am definitely on board.

To me this whole hilt thing is a minor detail. I'm not telling anyone how they should feel or what to get upset with but lets not lose sight of this beautiful sculpt. I just got mine in today and can hardly wait to crack him open for display. As for the ES number, doesn't effect me in the least since I purchase these items for my own personal enjoyment...in other words, they never leave my collection once they enter. Hope you all find the joy in this piece that I know I will.

Mine is going back. If we don't show them we hold them accountable, this stuff will continue. I plan on making them aware that these tactics won't be tolerated. A Jedi without his saber....are you kidding me?

Now lets watch vader come without his hilt.

My edited chat with Kathy:

1. Basically there will be no unlit hilt.
2. There will be no partial refunds for the missing unlit hilt. (At least for me)
3. You can return the item for a full refund, if dissatisfied. (Not for me, sorry)

me: Hello, I have a question about the Obi-Wan Mythos statue that I received today... I'm missing an unlit saber hilt, and am wondering if I could have one sent my way?

Sideshow Kathy: I am sorry, the finished statue did not come with the hilt
on the belt

me: What! But thats such an integral part. It is Obi-wan's own light saber...

Sideshow Kathy: I understand

me: And it is in all the images on the sales page...

Sideshow Kathy: right, the pictures are being updated
if you would like to return your statue because of that, we will refund you in full

me: Can you offer me a partial refund for missing this hilt?

Sideshow Kathy: no, I am sorry
me: okay...
How's about a free bronze Vader then? (I gotta ask)

Sideshow Kathy: they gave me the last one

me: Damn! Okay, thanks for nothing Kathy... (I kid, I kid, you guys always take care of me, well, except for this time I guess...)

Sideshow Kathy: sorry, I could not assist more - you have a good evening

me: bye, thanks!

Last edited:
To me this whole hilt thing is a minor detail. I'm not telling anyone how they should feel or what to get upset with but lets not lose sight of this beautiful sculpt. I just got mine in today and can hardly wait to crack him open for display. As for the ES number, doesn't effect me in the least since I purchase these items for my own personal enjoyment...in other words, they never leave my collection once they enter. Hope you all find the joy in this piece that I know I will.

I can agree it's not a huge thing; to me it's the principal. To delay a product and then ship it without something clearly shown in the pictures and then telling customers, "oh, by the way, it won't come with that." That just really bothers me.

Back