Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I disagree. Obi wan wearing QGJ and anakins saber, but not his own is a monumental **** up. I don't think I will be as nearly as forgiving for a 400 dollar statue that omits the most important accessory. :gah:

Doesn't bug me one bit. Ill just figure its in his pocket or something. There is enough to look at without worrying about a hilt.

I disagree. Obi wan wearing QGJ and anakins saber, but not his own is a monumental **** up. I don't think I will be as nearly as forgiving for a 400 dollar statue that omits the most important accessory. :gah:

The two head sculpts appear to be among the best I've seen, and that is accounting for forward and reverse aging of Ewan and Alec respectively. Quite honestly, the saber issue is nothing to me, as long as the statue looks as good as it appears to in these pics.

matters to me, if it's some other trinket that was omitted it's fine, but a jedi without a lightsaber is wrong, besides when was the last time you saw a jedi putting his lightsaber in the pocket?

can someone confirm it at least comes with the unlit lightsaber so that pose can be displayed if the hilt is indeed missing.

No unlit saber in the box only the version with the second hand ( which in my opinion fell a little small or maybe it s the beam that make it looks not as big it should be ... in the movies with the glow it never looks as thin...

I'll wait until mine gets here Wed. But if there is no lightsaber hilt, SS will be getting a call from me and I suggest we all do the same. Although the statue itself looks epic, it is misleading on SS part to show it in the pics and then deliver it sans lightsaber.

So now what is the issue? No extra hand with the saber or no saber that can be hanged in the rob ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I don't like how much he seems to be leaning to the left.

IMG_1201_zps1d7f6c74.jpg

IMG_1197_zpsb7644bd7.jpg

Yes, yes, keep complaining about it. I need reasons not to order this.

Though, I have to believe the missing lightsaber is just a mistake, something that didn't get glued on at the factory.

no saber hilt that hangs from the front of his robes (his own saber).
I don't like how much he seems to be leaning to the left.

IMG_1201_zps1d7f6c74.jpg

IMG_1197_zpsb7644bd7.jpg

It might be the angle, also the saber hilt is shown in the box. Wonder why SS put themselves in these kind of situations that shows no respect to its customer. If you r going to change something from the prototype in this case removing the hilt, then remove it from the statue page/pics as soon as u decide this! Scratch things then ship without notifying, hoping no one will notice will ruin the enjoyment of new statue at least to me.

I forgot the saber was right in front... I thought it was hidden on the side with the others... now that does look kind of bad.

The piece looks outstanding in the pics posted so far. I do agree thar it is a pretty big downer that Obi's saber hilt isn't included especially since it shows it right on the box art.

I bet it wasn't planned by Sideshow and the factory just screwed up but I cold be wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if all Sideshow offers is a partial credit for the screw up.

Mine should arrive later this week. I will probably keep the piece but will contact Sideshow to let them know I am not happy about the missing hilt. Since it was shown on the product page pics and the box art there really is no excuse for this kind of thing.

I'm calling tomorrow and I don't even have mine in hand yet.

I'm gonna let them know exactly what I think of this.

On a side note, the pictures on rebel scum show the bottom of the base, it's hand numbered. The odd part is that the edition size on the bottom of the statue says 1200, not 2000. Another mistake?

I'm calling tomorrow and I don't even have mine in hand yet.

I'm gonna let them know exactly what I think of this.

On a side note, the pictures on rebel scum show the bottom of the base, it's hand numbered. The odd part is that the edition size on the bottom of the statue says 1200, not 2000. Another mistake?

Yeah I noticed the wrong ES number on the base too. I wonder if it actually is wrong or if Sideshow lowered it for some reason.

Maybe the first 1200 are now the "regular" and don't have the saber and the other 800 are now the "exc" and do have it. :)

Maybe they dialed back the edition size after lackluster sales. On one hand, I'd be happier with a more exclusive edition size. But, on the other hand, it would make me worry about the sustainability of the Mythos line.

Mine shipped today! :D

OH MY GOD:horror:horror

Best Obi-Wan Kenobi of all time with the LSF!!!! Easy buy!!

Thank you Sideshow!

Last edited:
that missing lightsaber is bothering me !! how can they have it on the box picture and not on the statue !?

If its an oversight then SS should ship hilts with instructions on how to attach. If it isn't, that's simply unforgivable IMO.

Back