Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they really are taking a long *** time with the second batch....

you'd think they were making saber hilts... :panic:

wow if that would happen... na.. I dont think so.. but on the other side.. who knows... we shall see...

Just got mine yesterday. the saber blade was bent to the side:gah:
I tried to bend it back in line but it broke off.
Luckely it broke off inside the hilt. I will probally remove some blade plastic inside the hilt opening and put a little blob of glue to glue the blade back on.
I just wish sideshow would have used a blade with a metal pin.
Would have been so much better.

The rest of the statue. I got to say... The lean is not so bad as I expected, and the details are great!

Just got mine yesterday. the saber blade was bent to the side:gah:
I tried to bend it back in line but it broke off.
Luckely it broke off inside the hilt. I will probally remove some blade plastic inside the hilt opening and put a little blob of glue to glue the blade back on.
I just wish sideshow would have used a blade with a metal pin.
Would have been so much better.

The rest of the statue. I got to say... The lean is not so bad as I expected, and the details are great!

Is this from the second batch that is scheduled to ship in June?

Is this from the second batch that is scheduled to ship in June?

I think it is the first batch. But the journey from the states to the netherlands has been a long one. It got delayed alot.

I just found another error in the statue. I contacted the store for a solution. First my saber broke because it was misplaces. now I discovered at daylight that the right arm has a big pink glue dot comming out of his robe.
I am actually quite pissed that I keep having these problems for a 350$ statue.
And if I manage to arange a replacement, its going to be a hell to remove the body from the base, as it is a snug fit.

IMG_2070.jpg

This statue is amazing! I can't stop looking at Obi. The sculpt and details are unbelievable and the paint top notch. But above all those head sculpts are out of this world. It's like they are going to speak! A must have for not only Star Wars fans.

82143881.jpg

1515g.jpg

48871592.jpg

1212yy.jpg

1717l.jpg

obi4.jpg

The only bad thing about Ben is all the cool stuff on his back. You need a mirror behind him to see everything. :)

I just love this piece as well! the pose the details everything is screaming EPIC. my fav mythos so far!

I've just received mine, how heavy is this thing!! Everything about it oozes class, I've never bought human face sculpted SS stuff as I've never rated them but the Alec and Ewan portraits are unreal, I've gone with Alec for OT but its a really close call, just need to put my custom saber hilt on now, any ideas what to use to attach it?

superblue will do the job.. dont over use it .. the hilt is very light so it just need a little drop :)

I love super blue! It's like blue, but more intense! :lol

I used some Testor's cement, the kind for plastic models, and it worked great, and is holding fine. I only used it because I had it lying around. Gotta be careful with it though because it will mar the surface, so just a tiny bit on each piece you are attaching. Then hold in place until firm, then give it a day until you hang your saber. Not that you'll need that long. Just being safe.

Love this thing! :D

Gutted in my rush to display last night before I went to work I hadn't really gone over it with a fine tooth comb and there is a chip of the end of the cape right at the front, it looks like ill get a replacement but I just hope that is ok I'd rather keep this and just touch up with a little paint if worst comes to worst, just glad I didn't attach my custom saber to it yet.

wouldnt be a big deal to send you out a new "hook" ;) But SSC would be wondering about what they getting back :lol

Back