OBI-WAN 1/4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well after all I've said.... I pre-ordered the damn thing LOL!

Seriously, the face look 10 times better in the pics w/o hood, Congratulations to Matt Falls!!

(What I'm not so convinced now is the Vader... chest box should be bigger!)

Regards

Picky...Picky...Picky...Next thing you know someones going to be complaining that they think Darth Vader should be able to move on his own or have sound effects!!!:lol :lol (Just kidding)

I don't collect the mixed media statues but this
Obi looks pretty good....nice job SS. And I like
the training remote.

The ES for the Vader exclusive is definitely 2K (1K @SWS.com and [email protected]) I believe the regular ES is actually 2500. Regardless of that though, I would expect less total ES (exclusive + Regular) than Vader. Even with the potential to display them as companion pieces, look at ML and Eowyn in the LOTR line. These were designed as companion pieces, but there are fewer Eowyn's.

He did have the pointy hood in the film, but from the pics of the figure it looks like the hood may be too big? A wire in the hood would take care of this I think...

obi-hood.jpg

darthvsobi.jpg

:lol Those film stills make the hood on the Obi-Wan prototype look comical (or should I say conical?). I'm sure this will be corrected in the final version.

Now they just need to bend Vader's arms like Obi-Wan's and he'd be perfect.

Attachments

• Banner32.jpg
    Banner32.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 13,608
  • Shalamar-Avatar.jpg
    Shalamar-Avatar.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 11
Excellent comparison pics. We can no doubt count on Ben's hood being worked on for the finalized product. Every time I see that photo of the two statue's, I get goosebumps! That's going to make an awesome display. :bow

Also notice Vader's grip in Dave's pics. He's holding his saber left-handed. His left arm looks significantly more bent and more natural, though.

Aside from his hood, Obi-Wan looks literally perfect. The grip, the stance, the face, are all screen accurate. Mat Falls really hit a homerun on this one.

I also noticed that Greg Mowry did not do the Obi-Wan fabrication. I believe that's the first time a SW 1/4 had clothing done by someone other than him. Maybe that's why the cloak looks the worst of all the clothing so far?

I'd also say that it's great seeing the scale between Vader and Ben, it looks right on. As for Vader's arms - he didn't really have them bent too much. I watched the fight a few times and he has his arms out in front of him like the figure does.

I think both Vader and Kenobi will end up looking perfect. Vader has improved so much from the old pictures.

Kenobi's head sculpt is great. Superb job.

Now, can you imagine how cool a stormtrooper and Boba Fett are going to be!! :rock

Leia is next, right? Any idea who is after that? C3PO and R2 or another prequel character? Someone must know something!

Awesome job Sideshow. This is THE line for me.

I think this looks more ike how his hood should be:

darthedit5ki.jpg

Psycho Cenobite :evil

PS. I found out I'd ordered one of these this morning! :dunno Damn my drinknig and then using my computer! :lol

Didn't know it was up yet, just got mine in. Whys it an extra $25 though.? Han Solo was the same right.? I still want an Episode 3
Obi-Wan though, on Boga.:rock :p And the battle of fates, one.:p :rock

re

Looks much better with a much reduced hood. It's Obi-Wan Kenobi not Obi-Wan the Brown. :p

Re: re

I think that Obi-Wan is $25 more than Han/Luke because of the lightsaber, which lights up.

Re: re

PC, your corrected pic looks fantastic! If the final product looks like this (and I think it will), this will be one of the centerpieces of my collection (after the AT-AT SE of course).

Back