O-Soul/303Toys/Inflames Toys three kingdoms chinese historical figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did some search and found this. I guess they are going for this set.
Not sure if it's a good move from InFlames. I'd rather get other characters from the series.. I guess I'll have to wait another year to get to them
View attachment 424285
In Asia those 3 figures is like the Christian Holy Trinity. I have Their (I put capital letter to emphasize that they are worshiped as God) deity painting potrait in my family worship altar. My father once told me that those painting belong to my ancestor back then in China (im fourth generation Indonesian Chinese). I do believe that most Asian know who those three are.
So based on that I do believe that Zhou Chang debut by Inflames are briliant move ! They are thinking out of the box and try to make other variation rather then repeating five tiger generals. However I still optimist that Inflames will also complete their five tiger, just less Ma Chao and Huang Zhong, just a matter of time.
Right now consider Zhou Cang is a side line up from Inflames. Zhou Cang is like Robin from Batman, Kato from Green Hornet, Shaggy from Scooby Doo
They are sidekick, but series can never be complete without them.
Just my 2 cents...
Let me know what you guys think

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I get your point,
I'd rather get Joker or Cat woman than Robin :p
I just thought it would be better choice to do Liu Bei, Zhuge Liang or Cao Cao - by importance in the novel. That's all

(BTW, In Asia - you mean in China only? because I don't think this is the case for anywhere else :D )

I don't think Zhou Cang was as big a part as Robin to Batman. Zhou Cang was really far back in the background after his initial introduction. I don't even remember if he participated in battles. I think he was just Guan Yu's blade carrier and horse caregiver. I could be wrong though. However, he was a loyal follower and servant of Guan Yu so I do give him that respect.

I get your point,
I'd rather get Joker or Cat woman than Robin :p
I just thought it would be better choice to do Liu Bei, Zhuge Liang or Cao Cao - by importance in the novel. That's all

(BTW, In Asia - you mean in China only? because I don't think this is the case for anywhere else :D )

I see differently here. 303 has already made those characters. O'Soul has done with a few as well. It is a calculated move by inflames to release Zhou Cang (and I'm sure Guan Ping wouldn't be that far off) who is a new character in 1/6 altogether. I will buy it simply because it has really nice designed armor and it is a 3 Kingdom (warrior) character.

2 different perspective here.
I cancelled and stop buying three kingdom characters from other companies since I got InFlames first Guan yu.
3 companies do have distinct style and I don't want to mix.
Also only want to collect what I want in my favorite style. - All my personal preferences, but I don't think I'm the only one thinking this way.

Anyone find it strange that there are no news from 303toys lately? It's like they are done with making 3 kingdoms

They will be at the Shanghai comic convention October 26 to 28th . They should have a nice display with all there latest releases . [emoji120]

68d4b750d3fea51cbf2dbb2cdc9908cf.png

I hope 303 will venture into Wei and Wu territory next. As much as I like Inflames Toys figures, they produce like 4 figures per year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, Infinity Studio made stellar three kingdoms statues. However, being quarter scaled statues and they cost nearly a grand to import each are out of my league for space and money. Their Ma Chao statue was my most wanted.

I will be at SHCC 2018. Will give you guys some pics about whats coming up but only those related to this topics.

Anyway about Zhou Cang, he's a fictional character.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhou_Cang
But never the less his painting holding Green Dragon Spear and Guan Ping holding Seal of Authority always displayed on every Chinese worship altar. Its not that we worship Zhou Cang, we worship Guan Yu. Im sure there are reasons why those 3 are always showed togather.

Brilliant moves by Inflames !!!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Zhou Cang and Guan Ping’s first appearance was in Luo Guanzhong’s San guo yan yi so they are definitely fictional characters. However, even historical figures like Guan Yu are not portrayed accurately in the novel compared to the historical accounts of San guo zhi.

I don’t mind about the fictional aspect of characters like Guan Ping and Zhou Cang, and I applaud Inflames for thinking outside of the box. It’s just I am not the target audience of these characters so I’ll take a pass.

Just minor correction for the record.

Zhou Cang is a fictional character.
But Guan Ping is not. He was the eldest son of Guan Yu and died January or February 220

Just minor correction for the record.

Zhou Cang is a fictional character.
But Guan Ping is not. He was the eldest son of Guan Yu and died January or February 220

As I knew, Guan Ping was the foster son of Guan Yu, not biological. Just happen he shared the same last name.

As I knew, Guan Ping was the foster son of Guan Yu, not biological. Just happen he shared the same last name.

In historical records, Guan Ping is actually Guan Yu's oldest son. In Romance of the Three Kingdoms by Luo Guanzhong, Guan Ping was Guan Yu's adopted son. Since RoTK was super popular around the world, Guan Ping became known as his step son. It's highly romanticized and actually paint Guan Ping in an even more noble light because he was so loyal to Guan Yu, even though he was adopted and treated and honored him like his real father.

Looks like 303 toys General Qin Qiong is shipping soon . They posted on there Facebook page . I really would love to get my hands on this figure . Sucks that it’s not available in the US .
1bdf2218037d7268309655e443936cc3.jpg
11f99c0214902ed80f791dee861ffe0c.jpg
ba3d409762824ceccea0a1396fca21ba.jpg

Back