Nurse Joker Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
afrankenurse.jpg

Looks like Terresa from Fable 2. :lol

I have a feeling that he's gonna look great when he's finished! :rock

Yeah, I pretty much know what he's gonna look like now. It's all about getting the Wig close to right. The HT BR Sculpt works really well for this. Cerealkiller did sculpted hair on one and you could tell that's the way to go.

The slicked back BR hair is also the only head you can use with a Wig, so that's a relief. And if ya want to switch out to a street detonator Nurse Joker you can use the V1 head...

Seriously seeing this BR face with a Wig is pretty wicked. The correct length is top of shoulder, bottom of back collar... somewhere in there...

a39204.png

Last edited:
I think I have the hair cut to the right length now...

Now it's all about the styling...

anja1.jpg

I'm not sure if gel will work with a poly wig, it may just glob onto the hair because gel won't absorb into poly... we'll see...

I still don't understand why HT painted the eyes this way... I may have the pupils repainted... but I think even more than ever now this will look cool when completed. :blackbat

Last edited:
Get some pomade or gel and the rest should be a cinch. Awesome work so far.

I can't help but thinking you're building the definitive Nurse Joker :lol

Thanks Bro. You should see my Terminator and Aliens collection. :D

I really do want this to come out as well as possible. I'll try the gel for sure... I just don't know if it will take. I have to figure out a way to curl it, the wig was was curled before so I know it can be done.

I bet a curling iron would work... Wor-Gar suggested a blow dryer...

I don't even know if it would work, but it seems like you could wet the hair with hot water, and then use something that would basically substitute for curlers, and keep them in (the wig) for a few hours, maybe use some hairspray on them once the hair starts to dry.

:lol Geezus this sounds like beauty shop talk.

I don't even know if it would work, but it seems like you could wet the hair with hot water, and then use something that would basically substitute for curlers, and keep them in (the wig) for a few hours, maybe use some hairspray on them once the hair starts to dry.

:lol Geezus this sounds like beauty shop talk.

:rotfl It's all new to me.

I never thought I'd be doing anything like this. :lol

Wrap the hair in place around something small (maybe chop up an old thin paintbrush?) to act as curlers, and dip the wig in boiling water, a few seconds at a time (just 2 or 3, let it rest a few minutes, then repeat a few times. After it dries and comes back to room temperature, it should stay curled.

Wrap the hair in place around something small (maybe chop up an old thin paintbrush?) to act as curlers, and dip the wig in boiling water, a few seconds at a time (just 2 or 3, let it rest a few minutes, then repeat a few times. After it dries and comes back to room temperature, it should stay curled.

Thanks, I think heat is the way to go, but the bangs need styling to so I still have to figure this out. I know some Customizers actually use superglue to hold rooted hair in place but I'm not going there. Hairspray may be the ticket to holding a style in shape.

Thanks, I think heat is the way to go, but the bangs need styling to so I still have to figure this out. I know some Customizers actually use superglue to hold rooted hair in place but I'm not going there. Hairspray may be the ticket to holding a style in shape.

Hairspray will crust and fall away over time like plastic-looking dandruff. (I'm a nut, I have styled doll hair many a time, I used to make custom figures a lot, just now getting back into it). Heat is the only way you'll really get it to hold form. Superglue is superhard to manipulate- if you get too much in an area, or your fingertip sticks from not being fast enough, you'll have frosty white spots where the glue dried funny.
You actually don't have to immerse the hair in boiling water if you don't want- holding the hair closely over the rising steam works, too.
Oh, also, if you get hairspray on your figure's face, it will leave glossy spots.

Hairspray will crust and fall away over time like plastic-looking dandruff. (I'm a nut, I have styled doll hair many a time, I used to make custom figures a lot, just now getting back into it). Heat is the only way you'll really get it to hold form. Superglue is superhard to manipulate- if you get too much in an area, or your fingertip sticks from not being fast enough, you'll have frosty white spots where the glue dried funny.
You actually don't have to immerse the hair in boiling water if you don't want- holding the hair closely over the rising steam works, too.
Oh, also, if you get hairspray on your figure's face, it will leave glossy spots.

Thanks D. I'm gonna try a blow dryer and a comb, that should do it, or at least get it close.

I've only spent 15-20 minutes on this so far and have it this close... another 15 and it will be even closer. The effect will be there in any event. It already looks pretty cool on the outfitted body.

Ok, I think I hit Stage 2.5 here, using the Expert advice given by Wor-Gar and Drizzle of using a blowdryer only!

I got the back all curled up now. Yes, it will need more futzing, some trimming but it's really starting to look pretty good, especially in hand. Again, just another 10 minutes. I tied a rubber band around the back of the wig and blew hot air against the wig hair, curling it upward.

anja5.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Ashton. All in good time... :lol

In the meantime...

anjs.jpg

I will be getting a BR body to match neck to body color, and swap hands to match but this will do for now...

Back