noob question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitro Spawn

Freaked Out
Reaction score
New to Hot Toys, just got the Dark Knight MMS71.

What is the ridden e between this and the other models. DX , etc ?

thanks !

thanks !

The difference is night and day my friend. The DX12 is the best Dark Knight Batman to date. Look at pictures here:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112865&page=1677

My advice? Sell the MMS71 on eBay for as much as you can and buy the DX12. I think the DX12 is sold out everywhere so you will have to buy it on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Toys-D...5212?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item2c6ca5efec

Good luck and welcome to addiction that is Hot Toys!

thanks !

batman-dx_backstage_2_1261050442.jpg

4.jpg

PD1339732254jAt.jpg
521995_10150915279367344_315025862_n.jpg

Last edited:
I meant the difference between the different models.

Your MMS 71 TDK,

- first TDK Batman suit
- rubber suit
- basic accessories
- made to fit Batpod (and utilizes special wire cape attachment)
- Bruce Wayne head

DX 02 Batman,

- second TDK Batman suit
- improved sculpt on rubber suit
- PERS (moveable eyes)
- swappable mouth plates
- Sonar head with light up eyes
- magnetic belt for sticky bomb gun
- cape pack
- Sticky bomb gun
- grapple gun holster
- engraved display stand

DX 12 Batman,

- third TDK Batman suit
- no rubber suit, fabric suit with panels
- new two piece boots
- EMP gun with Batpod connector
- improved belt
- improved grapple gun
- different mouth plates
- TDKR courthouse steps stand
- Bruce Wayne head

If you want to know the difference between MMS and DX, like CTO15, DX figures just have the gimmicky PERS eyes, a light up stand, book styled art box and are much more expensive.

Each have their own strong points.

Look at the pics posted above to compare what each comes with, the DX02 has the extra sonar head, sticky bomb gun, and the backpack for the cape from the Hong Kong scene. The material used to make the suit is known for leaking oil in the abdominal section, so either you get a leaky abs version, or the "cheap" fix by HT where they replaced the abs section with hard plastic which pretty much limit movement in the torso area.

The DX12 is the best, it comes with a Bruce Wayne headsculpt and the EMP gun. It is probably the most flexible suit of all 3 because it is made of cloth underneath with the armor pieces glued on. The only major flaw was the bat symbol on the chest was crooked, but I think it has been sorta fixed with later releases.

Of the three, most people agreed the DX02 has the best headsculpt/cowl. The MMS 71 is the one that can fit on the Batpod the best and have it's head look up correctly, because the Batpod was designed for the MMS71. Other than that, the other 2 are way superior to the MMS71. Plus the MMS71 has big boobs, because the chest armor is too big and sticks out too much.

Thanks for clearing all of that up you guys, much appreciated !

its clear with the side by side comparisons. I was just curious what the different models were.

Do they always make a movie masterpiece version and later make a DX or deluxe version. For example HT Bane is a movie masterpiece, will there be a DX version in the future, like the Joker ?

Thanks for clearing all of that up you guys, much appreciated !

its clear with the side by side comparisons. I was just curious what the different models were.

Do they always make a movie masterpiece version and later make a DX or deluxe version. For example HT Bane is a movie masterpiece, will there be a DX version in the future, like the Joker ?

No. Not always. Many DX's are the first of that particular figure (Jack, Indy, Keaton, Nicholson to name a few). We hope that some will become DX's like Two-Face and Bane for instance.

I guess like any other collecting its just a risk you take that a better version will come out later.

No. Not always. Many DX's are the first of that particular figure (Jack, Indy, Keaton, Nicholson to name a few). We hope that some will become DX's like Two-Face and Bane for instance.

Jack had 2 MMS figures before they made a DX

Jesus, the MMS looks massive! I remember the proto looked pretty nice.

Hell, that figure was amazing, given what was available at the time. It's just that Hot Toys has stepped it up so far since then, looking back it looks terrible.

Jack Nicholson.

Could be but why put him in that lineup list twice then? The way he put it was "Jack, Indy, Keaton, Nicholson to name a few"

Jesus, the MMS looks massive! I remember the proto looked pretty nice.
Yea I really liked that proto for MMS Bats. I remember how impressed I was seeing the MMS for the first time

Last edited:
Could be but why put him in that lineup list twice then? The way he put it was "Jack, Indy, Keaton, Nicholson to name a few"

Yea I really liked that proto for MMS Bats. I remember how impressed I was seeing the MMS for the first time

Ah! My bad. Yeah, I guess he was talking about Sparrow. :lol

If you own and like the MMS, keep the MMS. The MMS was my second HT figure and I've still yet to upgrade it. When set it next to a DX02 or DX12, yes, I would use the word "awful." When displayed on its own or next to other characters besides Batman, he still looks good to this day. The figure has virtually zero quality control problems as far as I know. You do not want to get the DX02. The body has a leaking rubber body on a lot of them and you risk getting a faulty product at ridiculous prices. If you feel the need to upgrade, go with the DX12. But again, once you feel the need to upgrade everytime, you're going to be doing a lot of selling and buying.

Solution: Don't buy something that doesn't pass your standards of excellence. Don't let the nitpicking posts of others here ruin your appreciation for any figures you have that you like. If you fall into this mindset, you'll be priced out of this hobby so quickly by buying duplicate characters, custom heads, custom clothes, custom paintjobs, etc. If deluxe ones are released down the road with cool accessories, you can always buy those individual accessories from members here, online stores, or eBay.

By the way, I own the MMS TDK and have never contemplated upgrading it. Like I said, when all lined up, the flaws are more than apparent. But on its own, it gets the job more than done as far as I'm concerned :)

The MMS is great for the Batpod too. In my opinion, it looks better on it than the DX 02 and the DX 12.

Back