Non-Attendee Rohirrim Bust Shipped

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Re

maybe you should trying ordering from sideshow while living in Europe; it can really get under your skin when you see people posting pics of new items and you realiose that you wont get the same item for another 1-4 weeks.

It's no different than the fact that many Attakus pieces such as the Terminator and Alien pieces are released in Europe ONLY. The fact that Attakus is a French company makes that possible. It doesn't bother me a bit that if I want them I have to look on ebay.fr. Why not buy your stuff on Ebay from a reliable American seller to get it quicker and cheaper? That's what I would do if I lived in the EU.

I never order from Sideshow directly except on exclusives, as I almost always buy them on Ebay or from a dealer for much cheaper. It's really not that big of a deal to wait 4 weeks to get an item, so I really don't have much sympathy on that point. I wait longer than 4 weeks for the flood of product before I buy all the non-exclusives.

Re

I think your making a mountain out of a mole hill. I do not like buying of eBay and i simply was venting my jealousy that Americans will receive their Rohirrim busts before Europeans. I am sorry if i shouldn't be bothered but that is the way i feel.

arnottmj looks like elwood49 gave some good advice to you is all. This board has some great dealers to work with.

I agree Viking28.

I'm in Europe, Scotland in UK to be precise and I never order direct from Sideshow, except exclusives , Pippin for instance where I have no choice but to order from them.

There are a few reasons for my doing this, it takes longer going thro them and its more expensive.

I buy everything from Mike Richards:wave , IMO the best dealer I have ever met :bow .I'm even carrying on with him to get some Kong stuff.
He's a great Dealer from the Board and working with him directly means cheaper statues and my item is shipped out the day he receives it in from Sideshow.I get them a few days later with express shipping
I've got Eowyn and KOTD will be here on Monday.

I highly recommend using the dealers,they are all great, especially Mike but then I'm biased.

shell
x
:toast :gimli

I'm in Europe, Scotland in UK to be precise and I never order direct from Sideshow, except exclusives , Pippin for instance where I have no choice but to order from them.

There are a few reasons for my doing this, it takes longer going thro them and its more expensive.

Yeah, I was just trying to help, no harm intended. You can save some big bucks by buying stuff from the board dealers, and it feels good to know that someone you know personally is getting your business. As a posted in another thread, Bob has REALLY saved me a ton of money in recent weeks. Marc, Bob, Adam, and Mike are all awesome guys to work with. :bow

Amen to that.:bow :bow

Mike has probably saved me some statues worth of money, he provides fantastic service and its good to actually know the person who I'm giving all this money to because I know he will look after me.I trust him implicitly.

They are all great !. I would highly recommend them to all European Collectors.

shell
x
:toast :gimli

Re: Rohirrim Bust Shipping Notice

Got my Rohirrum bust shipping notice as well. This is for Nazgurl who couldn't be at her computer when the bust went up for order.

Even though it's not a keeper for me, I'm still excited about seeing it at least! :dance

This is a pretty cool bust. The detail on the chainmail is very good and the old bronze look of it I think its pretty neat.

I like the fact that the EU warehouse ships a month or so later then the US it gives me plenty of time to sort funds {sell body parts} and we get feedback on the stuff ahead of receiving
All good things come to those that wait & can afford them:speech

Seems like everytime I am the last one to receeive the shipping notice. Heard nothing yet. :sick

I posted this over at Shadow and Flame, but I would like peoples' opinions here as well.

I received mine today, but (lately there always seems to be a 'but' when I receive something from Sideshow :( ) there are a couple of problems.

First the good news, it is a fantastic sculpt, and mine is #78! :dance

But now the bad news. There is a small area under the chin, back on the neck behind the chainmail, that is unpainted. I only noticed it because I was doing my usual complete inspection. If it was just sitting on the shelf, I doubt that anyone would ever see it. Also, the paint on the mouth seems to be 'funny' to me. Here is a close-up of the area. Please forgive the poor quality of this shot, but it was very difficult to get enough light back into the unpainted area, it is so far recessed.

rohirrimbust8df.jpg

So my questions are, first, is this a common problem with this bust? I haven't read about anyone else having this problem. And second, how should I handle it? Should I just ignore it (not likely ;) ), fix it myself (possible, since it is such a small area, and in a really "unprominent" location), or return it for exchange (which I really don't want to do, in part because of the low number, but mostly because every time I've done this, it has take upwards of 6 months to get a replacement)?

What would you all do?

Based on the picture of the unpainted neck, I'd return it.

I've seen statues and busts that have a small white area on corners or edges (where a little paint could be rubbed off) but that is a pretty big portion of missing paint.

And thanks again to Migwit for securing mine! Let me know what # I got when it gets there! (And yes you can open it up and admire it before you give it to me!)

Well, the photo does make it look bigger than it really is. In actuality, it's only about 1/8 inch across. It just stands out more because it is so white, compared to the other colors.

But still I know what you mean, it is more than a slight rub in the paint. This paint was never applied.

Well I got mine today #76 I think it was but sad to say Im not that much of a fan of it. I LOVE the shield but Im just dont care for the rest of the bust. So if anybody wants him give me a PM asap you can have him for what I paid for him + shipping.

There is also 3 rungs that have very very small looks like unpainted spots, they are in behind the rung so you cant see them until you look closely.

i just got e-mail for my order - i was on wait list - its being filled - i didnt want it at first but then wanted it - since the shield is awesome

anyone outside of the US feels shipping is a little high for a small item like this?

my frns got charged US$47.24 for shipping.

Back