Noble Collection Glamdring

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the noble collection sting before United Cutlery started making LOTR swords, and the Noble Collection one had some elements that seemed nicer, but overall the sword was lacking when compared to the United Cutlery one. I had the Noble Collection Gimli Axe too (again, this was before UC offered the Axe) and the Noble Collection one was really disappointing compared to the UC Axe. The level of detail leaves a lot to be desired for the Noble Collection weapons I have seen.

I have one and a UC one. Definately worth $30. The blade is "eh" and the spiral pattern up the handle goes the wrong direction, but aside from those two things, its pretty awesome. Especially if the plaque is included. It has much better weathering than the UC one.

That's a steal. I won't even mention the amount of money I'll be spending for a UC Museum Collection Glamdring, which I prefer, but $30 for the Noble Collection version is still a good deal. Go for it.

BTW, make sure it's the 1:1 sword and not the 1/5 scale letter opener. ;)

Just picked it up. Got it for $20 since it was a little dirty but it is so sweet! Love the plaque! I'm pretty sure I cannot bring it in since it is pretty much a weapon so it is in my friends car. I will be able to get it all out and cleaned when I visit home though. Can't wait to hang it up.

i dont have glamdring, but i own many of the UC LOTR's swords and glamdring is the one i want to get next. i have anduril, herugrim, sting, striders elvish hunting knife, the LE shards of narsil, the LE 2nd age gondorian (or numernorian) shield, and gimli's walking axe. glamdring i have heard is one of the best of the line. but the noble collection swords are AWFUL, innaccurate junk. last time i checked they charged around 200 bucks for there swords, but 30? thats pretty low but i would honestly wait and save for the United Cutlery version. the quality and accuracy is amazing and worth the wait! NC is only good for there accurate and beautiful LOTR's jewlery, but there swords are awful.

for those quick to trash the NC version, here are some comparison pics I took a while ago for a review on a LOTR forum. The NC is overpriced, sure, but junk? Hardly. Like I said, the pattern on the handle goes the wrong direction, and the UC one has a better blade. But aside from those 2 things... well, decide for yourself:

crossbars.jpg

pommel.jpg

I will get some pics up of mine in a week or so when I get home but agree with Hebecus, it is far from trash. I guess its just because I'm not that into props and swords but the NC one is damn fine looking. It definenlty has a nice heft to it and the plaque is absolutely gorgeous. I probably wouldn't pay full retail for either one but when I see deals I pounce.:D

I will get some pics up of mine in a week or so when I get home but agree with Hebecus, it is far from trash. I guess its just because I'm not that into props and swords but the NC one is damn fine looking. It definenlty has a nice heft to it and the plaque is absolutely gorgeous. I probably wouldn't pay full retail for either one but when I see deals I pounce.:D

For $20 you made out like a thief. I'd almost feel guilty for buying it. :lol Nice score, man. From the comparison shots it looks like the NC version has a much better finish on the metal. Looks more authentic.

Back