No SS armored Characters for the next few years?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DouglasMcc said:
review_meditrooper_7.jpg

"Woah Nash ..... and she thought I was short for a stormtrooper?!?"

hmm. the stormie is actually taller than i had thought it'd be. not too bad.

Darklord Dave said:
Armored figures are coming. But even if they solicit the first stormie or bike trooper or whatever at SDCC it probably won't "hit the market" until December 07. That's a year away - so the "a year or two" makes some sense...

Do you honestly think ANYTHING armored is coming at SDCC?The "couple of years" line leaves a lot open.

Seth Gecko said:
Do you honestly think ANYTHING armored is coming at SDCC?The "couple of years" line leaves a lot open.

I think thats the point. Armored figs for SS would be an instant moneymaker for the company. It's like having the Ace. It's a forgone conclusion that they would make money on that line, so why play that card this early? Toyfare hasn't even begun, or the coverage anyway, and already people are dissappointed in whatever little tease they get. Spoiled info-junkies are more like it!!! If Toyfare comes and goes and all we get is a new Chess set, then maybe I'd worry!

So what, I don't get Stormtrooper's right away (like I know what SS has planned), but I might just get a Chewie, C-3PO, AND an R2 in the meantime!

I'm not worried about it.

BTW...I like Medicom's take on Star Wars as well!!! Save for brown eye stormie, I have, or will own each peice they've put out.

Last edited:
Put better... it's like George saying the "Original Trilogy" will never be available again.......

That is until he changes his mind!

Don't you know???

Being vague (open) is the "in" thing these days!

Damm im gone for a half a day and all hell breaks lose. First off there are many reasons to write what they did. Second that is a VERY open ended sentence. They are going to be marketing Medicom figures and trying to get them out of there hands, sideshow is not going to want to have them layin around when they release there own figures.

I understand that all the Medi kids are going to read it as they are not going to have a armour figure until 2009 since thats what they want to here. In business bringing a product to the market in the next couple years means as little a months to what they said a couple years. Its kinda CYA kinda thing, I can't even count how many time companies I hae worked for have said things will be in the next months, years and then see it as little a week later.

Ok now back to your regular scheduled SS - Medi wars.

mfoga said:
Damm im gone for a half a day and all hell breaks lose. First off there are many reasons to write what they did. Second that is a VERY open ended sentence. They are going to be marketing Medicom figures and trying to get them out of there hands, sideshow is not going to want to have them layin around when they release there own figures.

I understand that all the Medi kids are going to read it as they are not going to have a armour figure until 2009 since thats what they want to here. In business bringing a product to the market in the next couple years means as little a months to what they said a couple years. Its kinda CYA kinda thing, I can't even count how many time companies I hae worked for have said things will be in the next months, years and then see it as little a week later.

Ok now back to your regular scheduled SS - Medi wars.

tttthhhhaaaaannnnnkkkkkk yyyyyooooouuuuuuu

King Darkness said:
:moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon

I don't understand why SS is so armor challenged?!?!?!?!?

Hot Toys and Medicom can pull it off, what the hell SS?

Its funny to see SS, the once industry leader in 1:6, offer the products of their competitors who are so clearly out shining them.

Maybe they wanna stay in the 60$ price range a bit longer??

Bardoon said:
No surprise to me!Ever since I got into 1:6 scale figures and looked over the companies I took a notice to Sideshow's 1:6 scale figures. What do they all have in common?

THEY ALL HAVE CLOTH OUTFITS!!!

Sure there might be little plastic bits here and there, but anything as elaborate in outfits as what Hot Toys and Medicom have done?Nope.

I think the reason Sideshow doesn't make Armored Figures is varied. They know they need a new body style to compete, so maybe they're looking into that, but I've also noticed that Sideshow likes to keep around that ~$50 range for their figures and making Armored Figures will certainly take them close to $100, if not over it.

Also, Sideshow makes their mint over all their replicas, Premium Format Statues, etc. and that's something they've certainly exceeded at. It's their bread and butter and with new licenses like Spider-Man 3 and World of Warcraft, there's no doubt in my mind that they had STATUES and REPLICAS on their mind for those licenses and NOT figures.

Hot Toys for instance is a company BUILT on their 1/6 figures as their bread and butter...so they certainly will put the balls to the walls to get something out that will knock your socks off.

Sideshow I think will be concentrating mostly on their Star Wars 1/6 figure line as their only ACTIVE 1/6 figure line through 2007...along with bits of LotR and other stuff trickling in as well as long as the sales last.

I think through 2007 they'll be on the sidelines, probably devoting more time to R&D on their body design and such before they go and put anything out.

Excellent post,pretty much what i think but too lazy to post it all.

One other thing...

I really like all 3 companies (Sideshow, Medicom, Hot Toys).

I know that's too milk toast for these boards, so I'll get out on a limb and make an observation..

If Sideshow is so armored challenged and the bodies are inferior, why have they put out way more Star Wars offerings in less time, compared to Medicom?

Hey, I like Medicom too, but if they have such a superior product, why do they only release 2 to 3 Star Wars figures a year? Talk about waiting a lifetime for a collection!

My only hands on experience with Hot Toys is Batman Begins, and as much as I like him, he has a hard time scratching his nose!

Ah well....

I guess it's going to be a LONG time before I can expect a "Commander Cody" announcement...after all, there are alot of other "armored" favorites to get through first...:D

I don't mind the delay...I would like to think that part of their "research" is putting out the best version they can WITHOUT breaking the $100. barrier...

I'm expecting to pay more for the armored characters when they do arrive...they will most likely be more complicated to assemble (I'm sure they will be avoiding the "hole punch n' thread" method Hasbro employed to secure the armor pieces) and we're talking more materails too.

I like the look of the Medicom figures (although Boba looks a little "clean" to me) but in my own self-interest of "conformity" in my collection and a sense of wanting to maintain some loyalty to brand I'm enjoying alot (yeah, yeah..it doesn't make alot of sense but hey, we're all here talkin' about collectin' dolls right? :eek: I don't think sense is entirely expected, eh?:rolleyes: )...I'll wait for Sideshow to present us with thier take on armored characters from Star Wars...

The news of Armored figures being 'years away' frustrates and angers me.... I am very annoyed right now...We need an armored figure this year. I want Vader, damn it!

Keep the faith, you two!

When Sideshow gets going on "armored" 12inch figs, you'll wish they'd give your pocket-book a brake. Once the tooling is in place, everything else is cosmetic. And what they learn on Stormtroopers/Clonetroopers, they can apply to Vader or vice versa. Think about it, not that long ago, when every other week, we were getting confirmation e-mails on the next Jedi we were getting charged for.

I don't think Cody will be too far along!

Bardoon said:
Also, Sideshow makes their mint over all their replicas, Premium Format Statues, etc. and that's something they've certainly exceeded at. It's their bread and butter and with new licenses like Spider-Man 3 and World of Warcraft, there's no doubt in my mind that they had STATUES and REPLICAS on their mind for those licenses and NOT figures.

Hot Toys for instance is a company BUILT on their 1/6 figures as their bread and butter...so they certainly will put the balls to the walls to get something out that will knock your socks off.

Hmm, perhaps you are just new to SS, or don't care to read much about them. They have been a dedicated 1/6 scale company since their inception, and while yes, the majority of those figures have not been armored, they are downright incredible.

As for the PF line, well ask a LOTR fan about the frequency of releases, SW has it good right now.

ADAMBADADAM = NEW JOSH.

KAREFUL NEWB.... :pow .. YOU DONT WANT TO MESS WITH THE KRUSADERS OR THE MEDIKOMMIES....THRUST ME.

For all of you who say SS cant do armored figures, they already have. I just remember they did the Monty Python Holy Grail figures.

Maybe when they say "armored" figures they mean Stormtroopers and clones, etc... Vader and Fett are only part armor and part body suits and clothing.

Maybe we're getting "armored" and "helmeted" mixed up. I mean, Boushh has some armor with helmet and they did her.

I think it's quite amusing that any of you guys think a couple of years wait is acceptable for armoured figures from ANY SW line.

I mean SSC have had the license for fifteen months now and they're saying it's gonna be (at best) another year until we get an armoured release, which pretty much rules out Vader, Stormies, Clones and Fetts and droids.

Tell me another line of SW collectibles, just one, that's taken that length of time to produce armoured characters?

They haven't

Why's that?

Because they're fan favourites and every company that gets the SW license knows they will sell hand over fist.

I'm fully prepared to come under fire for making this statement, but IMO SSC should've been able to make armoured figures before they were given the license in the first place.

There are too many key characters that will be left a long time down the line to be made because of their shortcomings.

how do you people fill up FOUR PAGES of thread while i'm asleep.... jesus, lol

I don't mind waiting. I'm having enough fun collecting the figures I'm getting... why would I complain because I'm not getting Vader or troopers yet? It's not liek i'm getting NOTHING in all that time

sheesh :lol

Back