No SS armored Characters for the next few years?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
King Darkness said:
:moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon

I don't understand why SS is so armor challenged?!?!?!?!?

Hot Toys and Medicom can pull it off, what the hell SS?

Its funny to see SS, the once industry leader in 1:6, offer the products of their competitors who are so clearly out shining them.

Good God Man!!!

Could you make it sound any more dramatic!!!

Reading this you might think Sideshow is filing Chapter 11!!!

Sure Medicom offered a Jedi Luke before Sideshow but it certainly didn't hurt the sales of thier own version!!!

It kinda put'em on the map...

like a STAR WARS SUPERNOVA.

JJJEEEZZZUUSSS PETE!!!!

adambadadam said:
Good God Man!!!

Sure Medicom offered a Jedi Luke before Sideshow but it certainly didn't hurt the sales of thier own version!!!

JJJEEEZZZUUSSS PETE!!!!

pardon me, but who the hell are you? :lol:lol:rotfl:rotfl

adambadadam said:
Where do you people read "no" SS armored characters for the next few years?????

I've read the same article off the Newletter and it says..."IN the next couple of years"

To me that sounds like, if not this year, then the next and again after that.

Quit being such wet blankets and don't read so much into so little....

Besides, we all have to pay off our Jabba's.

Read and breath deeply!!!

adambadadam said:
Where do you people read "no" SS armored characters for the next few years?????

I've read the same article off the Newletter and it says..."IN the next couple of years"

To me that sounds like, if not this year, then the next and again after that.

Quit being such wet blankets and don't read so much into so little....

Besides, we all have to pay off our Jabba's.

Now count to 10.

adambadadam said:
Good God Man!!!

JJJEEEZZZUUSSS PETE!!!!

it's the king of ****ing darkness you're talking to.. :lol :rotfl

I think I liked it better when this guy didn't post :lol:lol

No surprise to me!Ever since I got into 1:6 scale figures and looked over the companies I took a notice to Sideshow's 1:6 scale figures. What do they all have in common?

THEY ALL HAVE CLOTH OUTFITS!!!

Sure there might be little plastic bits here and there, but anything as elaborate in outfits as what Hot Toys and Medicom have done?Nope.

I think the reason Sideshow doesn't make Armored Figures is varied. They know they need a new body style to compete, so maybe they're looking into that, but I've also noticed that Sideshow likes to keep around that ~$50 range for their figures and making Armored Figures will certainly take them close to $100, if not over it.

Also, Sideshow makes their mint over all their replicas, Premium Format Statues, etc. and that's something they've certainly exceeded at. It's their bread and butter and with new licenses like Spider-Man 3 and World of Warcraft, there's no doubt in my mind that they had STATUES and REPLICAS on their mind for those licenses and NOT figures.

Hot Toys for instance is a company BUILT on their 1/6 figures as their bread and butter...so they certainly will put the balls to the walls to get something out that will knock your socks off.

Sideshow I think will be concentrating mostly on their Star Wars 1/6 figure line as their only ACTIVE 1/6 figure line through 2007...along with bits of LotR and other stuff trickling in as well as long as the sales last.

I think through 2007 they'll be on the sidelines, probably devoting more time to R&D on their body design and such before they go and put anything out.

99$ at SWS. go get em.
:D :cool:
sw013eb3.gif

stormrr.jpg

lcummins said:
Actually, the way it is worded, they could mean it will take a couple of years to bring you all of the armored characters like Vader, Fett, and Stormtroopers, so we might see the first ones soon, but some much later.

Yeah, I don't think it will be all that long till we see the first armored character.

Back