No Sauron PF...at least for now

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not being a Weta nerd here, but why would you want a big Sauron statue/PF when there's the Weta one, one is just as nicely big!
Do you want a different pose? Maybe even bigger than the Weta one? Or a big flaming eyeball PF? :lol

I'm not being a Weta nerd here, but why would you want a big Sauron statue/PF when there's the Weta one, one is just as nicely big!
Do you want a different pose? Maybe even bigger than the Weta one? Or a big flaming eyeball PF? :lol

I want one that's larger, has metal armour....and one who's head doesn't tend to fall off everytime you look at it the wrong way :monkey3

:lol:lol:lol I would want a pf sauron as the centrepiece of my collection, but fits in with other pfs. And as ive been looking for one, ive found out its damn hard to find a ssw sauron in mint condition. :lecture

I am not too sure I would want one now, if ever, but if they did make one the first thing they would have to do is make sure he doesn't have 'chicken legs' like the SSW version.

I am not too sure I would want one now, if ever, but if they did make one the first thing they would have to do is make sure he doesn't have 'chicken legs' like the SSW version.

:lecture I was going to mention the "chicken legs" as well, but I figured my "falling head" comment was enough for one post. :D

I'd like to see how a new Sauron would turn out as I never liked the SSW version. Price wise I think it would be over $600 just because of the size but its a more feasible figure to be made over the cave troll...just looking at my PF's and imagining a Cave Troll to scale with them is ridiculous!! It would have to be in the region of 3ft wide by 3.5-4ft tall!! I'm happy with my SSW Cave Troll but would welcome other 'beasts' in PF form. What do you guys reckon??

I'd like to see how a new Sauron would turn out as I never liked the SSW version. Price wise I think it would be over $600 just because of the size but its a more feasible figure to be made over the cave troll...just looking at my PF's and imagining a Cave Troll to scale with them is ridiculous!! It would have to be in the region of 3ft wide by 3.5-4ft tall!! I'm happy with my SSW Cave Troll but would welcome other 'beasts' in PF form. What do you guys reckon??

I reckon you can count me in! The more large scale LOTR creatures the better, as far as I'm concerned.

I reckon you can count me in! The more large scale LOTR creatures the better, as far as I'm concerned.

so sir woodsy, any suggestions as to what these large creatures to be made in pf form may be? i'd really love a fell beast done in a large scale, even just to give justice to the creature because as much as i love the dio, it still is a bit too small for me. but just considering the wings, even when folded, would certainly take up almost half of a room.

shelob is a bit more realistic, i can imagine the texture of her legs and body with those numerous eyes and fangs! ughh! sweet but scary.

also, if a cave troll would be possible, maybe it can have a few variants like an attack/battle troll, or some other troll with different helms and accessories.

also, horses and wargs can fall under the creature category so there are a lot of choices there, with their respective riders of course.

"uber" pf!!!!

hmmm...:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

so sir woodsy, any suggestions as to what these large creatures to be made in pf form may be? i'd really love a fell beast done in a large scale, even just to give justice to the creature because as much as i love the dio, it still is a bit too small for me. but just considering the wings, even when folded, would certainly take up almost half of a room.

shelob is a bit more realistic, i can imagine the texture of her legs and body with those numerous eyes and fangs! ughh! sweet but scary.

also, if a cave troll would be possible, maybe it can have a few variants like an attack/battle troll, or some other troll with different helms and accessories.

also, horses and wargs can fall under the creature category so there are a lot of choices there, with their respective riders of course.

"uber" pf!!!!

hmmm...:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what SS has in mind. There are so many possibilities it's anyone guess right now. I suspect SS isn't even sure what they want to do in regard to an "uber" PF. I like the FB idea, but I think something like that would be better suited as a LSB :D

I want one that's larger, has metal armour....and one who's head doesn't tend to fall off everytime you look at it the wrong way :monkey3

I know about the head falling off all too well. We moved a couple years ago and I completely forgot that the head wasn't attached and before I knew it I had a screen accurate version of Sauron's helm after Isildur cut the ring from his finger. Luckily I got a great deal on a damaged statue with a perfect helm.

Never had an issue with the Head falling off.

I was about to relist mine in the Commerce section, but I noticed a piece of armor fell off his left arm. Almost like there was very little glue on the piece. Thankfully, nothing's broken. :D

The WETA Sauron is 1/6 scale like their other statues. But I still can't imagine wanting a 1/4 scale Sauron - it would be about the size as the Iron Child and that's what, $2K?

And haven't they implied that the larger LotR PF would be a rider kind of thing? Personally I'd love to see a Witchking on a one of those dragon thingies.

Personally I'd love to see a Witchking on a one of those dragon thingies.

I'm sorry Dave, but that deserves a :horror :horror

And a :emperor :emperor

And also a :banghead :banghead

And too a :thwak :thwak

Not to mention a :read :read

Fell Beasts!!!! There were no dragons in LOTR.....indeed i do believe they all died out by that time.....

And that would be even worse than Sauron size wise. A ringwraith on steed would work, but how many people have the RWOS already?
I don't collect the PF's but a Rohan rider on horseback would be cool. And if it was Eomer, why hell, i may even buy it!

I'm sorry Dave, but that deserves a :horror :horror

And a :emperor :emperor

And also a :banghead :banghead

And too a :thwak :thwak

Not to mention a :read :read

Fell Beasts!!!! There were no dragons in LOTR.....indeed i do believe they all died out by that time.....

And that would be even worse than Sauron size wise. A ringwraith on steed would work, but how many people have the RWOS already?
I don't collect the PF's but a Rohan rider on horseback would be cool. And if it was Eomer, why hell, i may even buy it!

Yeah, the Fall Beastie thingie! And I wouldn't expect the whole thing - just the head and the neck back to where Witchiepoo is sitting.

Personally, I'd rather see any of the following PFs long before a Sauron. I have the 1/4 scale Sauron helm and it's huge; I can't imagine how big a PF would be.

Numenorean warrior (from prologue intro)
High elven warrior (from prologue intro)
Gondorian Soldier (all the different ones...soldier, fountain guard)

Personally, I'd rather see any of the following PFs long before a Sauron. I have the 1/4 scale Sauron helm and it's huge; I can't imagine how big a PF would be.

Those all sound good to me as PFs along with Eomer or Rohan Soldier/Rider (In Armor)

Easy, take a tape measure and stop when you hit the 36" mark. :naughty If you think the 1/4 helm is huge you should see the LSB.....it's massive, and awesome :google....every time I look at it, and my Sauron statue, I am reminded you simply cannot have too much Sauron. :lecture

Those all sound good to me as PFs along with Eomer or Rohan Soldier/Rider (In Armor)

All of these generic characters would be fantasic and being as there would be no likeness issues, relatively easy to make aside from the complexity of the costumes themselves. But let's not forget my personal favorite, the Haldir/Galadhrim Archer PF [with excl. change of heads and cloaks] :D The only drawback to these generic characters is I do not know when, or even if, SS would consider doing any of them. There are so many specific good and bad guys yet to considered and it's not like SS is producing these PF's at "break neck" speed......:(

Back