No Sauron PF...at least for now

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately, we have all learned over the years that what collectible companies start....they rarely if ever, finish. And while I'm sure an Isildur, Elendil, or one of the many possible generic characters would be excellent additions to the PF line, I think most people around here will not breath a sigh of relief until the "Fellowship" and other main characters [good and bad] are completed.

i've always wanted to get the ssw sauron full stat, even willing to pay a bulky amount to the secondary market for it because it really is a great piece! but now that there's hope of having a sauron premium format, i think that is where i want to throw my precious moolah into. first, i imagine that if it is made to scale with the other pfs, then it would tower at 33-35 inches, easily going to be the ultimate LOTR pf and the centerpiece of any lord of the rings collection. second, ssw and sideshow treat these pieces differently, detailing, sculpt, paintjob, pose, thus, their products don't really go that well displayed together, for us who collect mainly the sideshow stuff, this would go really well with the rest of our collections, aesthetically and on scale.

please sideshow, ASSURE US that you'd be doing the sauron pf a reality, and release it sooner than later!

I just hope this one's head doesn't fall off when someone sneezes around it!

AMEN to that! The spikes on the helm of mine were damaged ages ago, when I moved the statue about 1/2 inch and the head went flying half-way across the room! :horror I never understood why SS didn't have extra heads available for purchase:confused:

A PF of this major character would definitely have to be about 36" tall and, if they didn't make the legs as skinny as the SSW statue, it would be one of the most impressive collectibles in the field!!

A PF of this major character would definitely have to be about 36" tall and, if they didn't make the legs as skinny as the SSW statue, it would be one of the most impressive collectibles in the field!!

totally agree, it would really be the most impressive piece! and besides, sauron IS the lord of the rings! so its a MUST and downright imperative that sideshow makes this piece and we die-hard LOTR fans have it.:naughty:naughty:naughty

i'm perfectly happy with the Weta version since a PF would be wayyyyyyyyyyy to large to display with the other PF's and statues.

also i think something that large would push the price so high that it wouldn't really sell that well.

Right. I can't imagine one is coming, not at 1/4 scale.

But to Sideshow of late, their philosophy definitely is BIGGER IS BETTER, so who knows? Not me.

i'm perfectly happy with the Weta version since a PF would be wayyyyyyyyyyy to large to display with the other PF's and statues.

also i think something that large would push the price so high that it wouldn't really sell that well.

Right. I can't imagine one is coming, not at 1/4 scale.

But to Sideshow of late, their philosophy definitely is BIGGER IS BETTER, so who knows? Not me.

woah! i really thought that this thread was for those who were really wishing for the sauron pf to actually materialize, never thought that some "bubble-bursters" would also do their thing here!

anyway, just to answer some points made here, if you're an avid LOTR/sideshow collector, i don't think display space would be in the topmost of your considerations! funding could be one, but if you even cared to browse through the previous pages on this thread, you would see that the possible price for this huge pf would be at most $450 to $500. that wouldn't be that much, just on the average pricing of some of sideshow's larger products, like the 1:1 busts. and these pieces actually sold very well.

point here is, i think it's very shallow if you'll contradict the people who are actually wanting this, just because you have no display space or a piece being too large. i'm sure most, if not all, collectors would want this piece to be in scale with the other pfs, even if it means it would stand at 35-40 inches. and again if you're an avid lotr/sideshow collector, it's already an accepted fact that with that given dimensions, the price would also be higher than the regular ones. that's already a given. so if you really want it, and you have the money, then go and get it. if you can't purchase it, then go on an sulk! just don't go bursting other peoples dream bubble. it's just so irritating!:mad::mad::mad:

woah! i really thought that this thread was for those who were really wishing for the sauron pf to actually materialize, never thought that some "bubble-bursters" would also do their thing here!

anyway, just to answer some points made here, if you're an avid LOTR/sideshow collector, i don't think display space would be in the topmost of your considerations! funding could be one, but if you even cared to browse through the previous pages on this thread, you would see that the possible price for this huge pf would be at most $450 to $500. that wouldn't be that much, just on the average pricing of some of sideshow's larger products, like the 1:1 busts. and these pieces actually sold very well.

point here is, i think it's very shallow if you'll contradict the people who are actually wanting this, just because you have no display space or a piece being too large. i'm sure most, if not all, collectors would want this piece to be in scale with the other pfs, even if it means it would stand at 35-40 inches. and again if you're an avid lotr/sideshow collector, it's already an accepted fact that with that given dimensions, the price would also be higher than the regular ones. that's already a given. so if you really want it, and you have the money, then go and get it. if you can't purchase it, then go on an sulk! just don't go bursting other peoples dream bubble. it's just so irritating!:mad::mad::mad:

At the risk of being called yet another shallow bubble burster -- I'm just as avid a collector of this line as anyone out there. But unfortunately (and because I AM an avid collector), space IS a huge consideration. For the past couple of years, I have had to become very selective on which new pieces to get because of space constraints. As others have said, the first 24" Sauron is more than suitable for my collection and, in fact, can be considered a PF of sorts since the cape is a different material from the rest of the statue. Except for the size, I can only view a PF version a rehash of the same as already released.

If they DO the version you hope for, more power to you and others who would want it. Like you and others, am just stating my opinion. :peace

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl if you find that irritating then i would suggest that you go and make your own forum, because that's the only way your no going to be annoyed.
now i'm going to go and eat, because that's what i do when someone picks on me.:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:rolleyes:

Theres no way Sauron would be $500 at 35-40 inches. I would imagine more like $1200.

i'm a shallow bubble buster and proud of it

your precious Sauron PF is never happening. how you like them apples!

Then ,for your own sake, please dont go in other sections of this board,You wouldnt last a day.

I would definitely be in for a Sauron PF, but will play the waiting game....No big deal (waited pretty long for a LOD PF). I'm just glad there is hope.

now could the sauron pf be a good candidate for that "uber" pf that sideshow has stated on releasing by 2011? hmmm...

though the cave troll will also be a great piece to fall into that category...heck, release them both, and throw in some riders on steed pf's to go with them!

and also a fell beast LSB!!!:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

now could the sauron pf be a good candidate for that "uber" pf that sideshow has stated on releasing by 2011? hmmm...

though the cave troll will also be a great piece to fall into that category...heck, release them both, and throw in some riders on steed pf's to go with them!

I'm down for everything you just mentioned, and you never really know.

I'm down for everything you just mentioned, and you never really know.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

Back