Media NINTENDO SWITCH (new console)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mom bought 'our kids' a Switch for Christmas with Mario Cart, Mario Odyssey, and Sniperclip. Mario Cart is pretty fun, but my 12 year old and wife stomp me :slap. I think my wife was most excited for the Zelda game because she bought it with the expansion and has been playing it nonstop, but it seems to me like a beautiful, wide open game with little content.

I'll stick to my PS4 for now, but if they come out with a Metroid or Pokemon game for the Switch, I am all over that.

There is actually a lot to do in Zelda. It’s probably my favorite game in the past 5-10 years. My 13-year-old daughter even started playing it last summer and freaking finished it. I could not believe it. I still haven’t. :lol

Well, not 100% finished it. She got the 4 Divine Beasts and defeated Ganon, but still has all these side quests and shrines left to do.

Bayonetta had fun gameplay and the visuals were interesting, but it was so over-the-top perverse that it seemed just plain stupid at times.

So if one has never played Bayonetta, is it worth the investment (in your opinion)?

I've never played them and really tempted, especially with Nintendo making a third installment.

So if one has never played Bayonetta, is it worth the investment (in your opinion)?

I've never played them and really tempted, especially with Nintendo making a third installment.

It’s unique, and I did enjoy some of the battles. The music was really crappy, and it’s unnecessarily perverted, but it’s fun. I wouldn’t say it was a crappy game. Change the theme and some of the dialogue and I’d say it was a very good game. Might as well give it a shot. B2 was the first I’d ever played or even heard of it.

There is actually a lot to do in Zelda. It’s probably my favorite game in the past 5-10 years. My 13-year-old daughter even started playing it last summer and freaking finished it. I could not believe it. I still haven’t. :lol

Well, not 100% finished it. She got the 4 Divine Beasts and defeated Ganon, but still has all these side quests and shrines left to do.

Shrines take a good while to fully locate/complete but they're fun. Korok seeds take even longer. I tip my hat to those who actually collect all of them (korok seeds).

It’s unique, and I did enjoy some of the battles. The music was really crappy, and it’s unnecessarily perverted, but it’s fun. I wouldn’t say it was a crappy game. Change the theme and some of the dialogue and I’d say it was a very good game. Might as well give it a shot. B2 was the first I’d ever played or even heard of it.

Good to know! Thanks for the reply! :rock

I think my wife was most excited for the Zelda game because she bought it with the expansion and has been playing it nonstop, but it seems to me like a beautiful, wide open game with little content.

There's so much depth to the game that you have plenty of things to do and so much variation to all the side quests.
Most people will not invest the time to actually complete the game 100% because there's so much content... and that's without the expansion.

The game is amazingly structured so that you don't have to finish it to thoroughly enjoy it.

Lastly, if you hear your wife singing a tune you don't recognize, I guarantee you it's from Breathe of the Wild.

This Mario Moon grind is getting nuts. I'm really struggling. :lol

I'm taking each level and getting all of them before moving on. I'm on the Sand level and there's one I can't get and refuse to ask for help/look up. I'm just venting....:lol

Speaking of venting lol-

Been playing a bunch of Zelda the last week. Amazing game but several craaaazy annoying hitches. Ive been sitting here for the past 1/2 hr, wanting to climb a mountain in a new region, and its still thunderstorming. Built a fire to speed things up even though Im saving kindling for a house, and nothing. Rain is so ridiculously stupid in this game, poorly thought out and way too frequent. Then theres the horses- dear god a gentle sloping rocky surface neiiiiigh! I cant go over that! Somebody tell Nintendo that horses are better climbers than most people. They created the trails down into the grand canyon for crying out loud. And its so stupid that there are areas where you and your horse are trapped and need to ride around for bloody hours looking for a way down before giving up and teleporting out without your “helpful” steed. Then theres the weapons. They break pretty much every other enemy encounter. Its ridiculous. And theres no way to save it for repair at a blacksmith- did they not even think of that?

Rant over, that felt good kind of. I love this game really but :gah:

Thought Id waste some time with this post but its STILL raining. Im gonna shut it off and go to bed. :mad:

8C13E38F-0324-4DF3-AD4F-42EA8F70A93D.jpg

Speaking of venting lol-

Been playing a bunch of Zelda the last week. Amazing game but several craaaazy annoying hitches. Ive been sitting here for the past 1/2 hr, wanting to climb a mountain in a new region, and its still thunderstorming. Built a fire to speed things up even though Im saving kindling for a house, and nothing. Rain is so ridiculously stupid in this game, poorly thought out and way too frequent. Then theres the horses- dear god a gentle sloping rocky surface neiiiiigh! I cant go over that! Somebody tell Nintendo that horses are better climbers than most people. They created the trails down into the grand canyon for crying out loud. And its so stupid that there are areas where you and your horse are trapped and need to ride around for bloody hours looking for a way down before giving up and teleporting out without your “helpful” steed. Then theres the weapons. They break pretty much every other enemy encounter. Its ridiculous. And theres no way to save it for repair at a blacksmith- did they not even think of that?

Rant over, that felt good kind of. I love this game really but :gah:

Thought Id waste some time with this post but its STILL raining. Im gonna shut it off and go to bed. :mad:

Pretty sure you are in the rainforest area, where it is almost always raining.

Yeah, if it's literally always raining even when you wait, then that's just the climate where you are. Fortunately both places with constant rainfall allow you to switch it off. In Zora's Domain you do it by just beating the Divine Beast. In the rainforest I don't want to spoil anything, but would recommend you go exploring around the lake with Zora armor equipped [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shrines take a good while to fully locate/complete but they're fun. Korok seeds take even longer. I tip my hat to those who actually collect all of them (korok seeds).

I just got a Switch over christmas with Zelda and I probably put 20 hours into it the first week I had it. The first thing I did was climb as many of the towers as I could to unlock the map region and complete as many of the shrines as possible before I even did my first divine beast mission. After doing two divine's I collected the master sword, leveled up a bunch of armor and then did my third divine then completed the rest of my map towers and now I'm doing the master sword trails, did the first set to level up the master sword.

The game is pretty incredible but can be quite frustrating at times, combat can be a chore from time to time but one on one fights are a lot of fun. I've had a blast hunting down the Lynels and fighting them, those are the kind of fights I like. I'll give this game a lot of credit with the environment, it feels like a living breathing world, one minute it's sunny out and then the next it's down pouring and then a mystical dragon rises up from a lake and disappears into the sky and then you can go chasing falling meteors for meteor pieces, it's pretty incredible.

About some of the gripes:

Yes, the rain sucks and seems to arrive at inopportune times. And just wait until you get stuck in a lightning storm..

I never really bothered with horses. From day one I explored every nook and cranny. After awhile, you sort of get a sense where you’re going to find korok seeds or other little hidden goodies.

The weapon system is obnoxious. Because the weapons are so fragile, I have a tendency to hoard them. But it’s kind of dumb how you can burn through 2-3 weapons in a single major battle. But don’t worry about losing out on some really special, rare item. If you found it once, you’ll almost certainly find it again.

As a whole, the game is fantastic. Can’t tell you how many hours I spent just exploring and soaking in the environments.

This Mario Moon grind is getting nuts. I'm really struggling. :lol

I'm taking each level and getting all of them before moving on. I'm on the Sand level and there's one I can't get and refuse to ask for help/look up. I'm just venting....:lol

I pulled it off just before the new year. I used the Amiibo hints for a a couple in each world though. 880 moons...gtfo here :lol

I think I've got nearly 200 moons, and am to what I'm guessing is the final stage with Bowser, as I just beat the Japanese area where you fight the two rabbits consecutively. Hard to believe there are that many moons in this game. . .I also wanted to get as many as possible before the final boss battle, but damn. I don't have the time to get everything.

Regarding Zelda, the weapon breakage is something I came to appreciate as I got really good at, and deep into the game. I would find myself challenging Lynels every chance I could. Partly just because it was fun, but also to get those great weapons. That old stadium is a great place to pick up nice weapons from all the enemies up the stairs.

I think I've got nearly 200 moons, and am to what I'm guessing is the final stage with Bowser, as I just beat the Japanese area where you fight the two rabbits consecutively. Hard to believe there are that many moons in this game. . .I also wanted to get as many as possible before the final boss battle, but damn. I don't have the time to get everything.

Regarding Zelda, the weapon breakage is something I came to appreciate as I got really good at, and deep into the game. I would find myself challenging Lynels every chance I could. Partly just because it was fun, but also to get those great weapons. That old stadium is a great place to pick up nice weapons from all the enemies up the stairs.

I think most of the moons in Mario 'unlock' AFTER you beat the game. I had very similar numbers to you. Maybe 250-300ish and I was like 'where are they all???'....Well, wait until the end. :lol

Back