Action Figure Night Feeder by Rainman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great, main thing that is throwing it is how the head is sitting on that neck post, you can actually see the top of the neck post where it closes in and gets narrower if you can get it to sit a tad lower it will look perfect, again just a shame you felt you had to go it alone we could have got a collaboration going with WGP! because I really do love the clothing and I'm quite envious!:lol

Last edited:
Awesome one of a kind piece. You need to bash the sax man to pose in the background now.

It wouldn't be strictly screen accurate, but you could get Trevor's Hamm sculpt to make the Sergio sax man. :yess:

a697dabb1810e8c429.jpg

I wanted to wait for the in hand pics before I commented. I think it looks good but you should definitely shave the neck post down a bit. Its definitely a tad too long. Other than that I think its a great piece. Congrats! :hi5:

Awesome piece man. I'm glad you finnaly have your grail:clap

I'd like to see some shots of him displayed inside. But take your time to enjoy him first

Thanks for the awesome comments guys.

I agree from the pictures the head does look a little elongated and the neck looks a little giraffe like. However in hand I can't say either is a problem. I think the angle of the pictures I took are maybe making the head look a little more elongated than it actually is. The neck issue is really not bothering me. In hand I couldn't imagine it looking right if the head was sitting any lower. When I look at my sig picture the mullet and jawline are sitting pretty much where mine is. It looks exactly like my Rainman Bill also.

I don't think mine or Rainmans pictures are doing this piece any justice. Will hopefully take a few more later.

The paint job is sensational. I was agreeing with you guys regards the paint job before I got it in hand. In hand it is absolutely astonishing. Bill was my favourite painted piece so far but I can honestly say this matches it. The beard work is superb and I will try and capture that in a few more pictures. Rainman really is the most impressive 1/6 artist :)

I think when you take pics you need to be less closer to the fig.
Make 2 or 3 steps back and zoom in.

You will have less lens distortion wich creates that elongated head syndrom.

I think when you take pics you need to be less closer to the fig.
Make 2 or 3 steps back and zoom in.

You will have less lens distortion wich creates that elongated head syndrom.

Thanks for the top tip. Photography has never been my strong point.

Same here and I was alwasy frustrated before becasue all my figure kinda looked deformed (ginat head and tiny body)

Since I bought a new camera and now it looks more or less accurate to waht i'm seing.

Same here and I was alwasy frustrated before becasue all my figure kinda looked deformed (ginat head and tiny body)

Since I bought a new camera and now it looks more or less accurate to waht i'm seing.

:lol:rotfl yes I know exactly what you mean. I will try this when I took some new pictures.

Bet it does look better in hand.

Such a shame more people couldn't enjoy this release.

I agree it is a crying shame. You know we tried but in most circumstances were told it was not 'imaginative' enough ie visually boring or Rainman needs more of a challenge. I honestly never seen this figure being made. The popularity just wasn't there when it was mentioned apart from the odd few. Also fairly sure I got mocked quite a bit when I constantly brought it up as my number 1 want from him.

I agree it is a crying shame. You know we tried but in most circumstances were told it was not 'imaginative' enough ie visually boring or Rainman needs more of a challenge. I honestly never seen this figure being made. The popularity just wasn't there when it was mentioned apart from the odd few. Also fairly sure I got mocked quite a bit when I constantly brought it up as my number 1 want from him.

We could have got a collaboration going Teddy this figure never had to be 100% Rainmans work, look at Marty, The Driver!:dunno Hell this could have been a perfect candidate for Iminime and we all could have gotten the figure for about $300-$400!:slap

Well this was done before I even considered or known about the Rainman/Iminime collaboration route. I don't think I can be held responsible for not forseeing that?

I like you don't want to be in this hobby for too much longer and David was a must before I retire. I am sorry if my selfish act has p____d some of you off. I would never have commissioned something that was hugely popular and taken that away from you Rainman collectors. My honest assessment of David was the popularity was not there so therefore I was safe to commission it.

If the passion for this figure once I showed the wip pics had been anything like that once you suggested it then I am fairly sure the outcome would have been completely different. I am not to blame for that.

I think I remember reading somewhere that Iminime will not replicate something Rainman has done.

If Rainman needs me to give the green light for Iminime to take David on I will do so.

I think I remember reading somewhere that Iminime will not replicate something Rainman has done.

If Rainman needs me to give the green light for Iminime to take David on I will do so.

That's right, they won't (unless they can be convinced otherwise).

From what I understand it's mainly out of respect for Rainman - the sculptors at iminime have all been trained by Rainman to some degree and respect for your elder/tutor/senior is a very touchy subject amongst Koreans.

Back