NHL General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully the Flyers can get their first win tonight- Panthers should not be an issue! :clap

Looking good so far! :D

The Flower Marc-Andre Fleury finally starting a hockey season on the right foot! 2-0-0, 1 SO, .50 GAA, .979 save percentage. A lot is on the D, yes, but he's made some superb plays. He's squaring up on shots now vs. doing the whole "Flipper" act. Give the man some props... because you sure like to dig into him. Prove that you're a fan and admit to when he plays well. I don't care what he did last Spring. I care what he does now and going forward. Cause the whole team sucked last Spring. Hello 2 goals against Boston... and you have 3 former Art Ross winners on your squad, and 4 guys who have eclipsed the 40 goal plateau at least once in their career, and 6 guys who have hit 30. Yup...

Here Here...

Yep Flower is playing good, not that they are playing world beaters...:)

Its all about this year and lets hope he keeps it up. Team looks great so far.

I exposed Frans Nielsen in my fantasy keeper league. Too much depth and was getting **** offers for him. How am I repaid? 5 points in 3 games. Ugh.

And I am so jealous of those who have Tomas Hertl in their leagues.

I exposed Frans Nielsen in my fantasy keeper league. Too much depth and was getting **** offers for him. How am I repaid? 5 points in 3 games. Ugh.

And I am so jealous of those who have Tomas Hertl in their leagues.

Think he keeps it up?

I can grab him tomorrow in my league

Regarding the whining over Hertl's fourth goal:

jp6RTTs.png

Amazing.

:rotfl Oh Jumbo Joe.

Meanwhile, Adam Oates would like Hertl to get off his lawn.

“I’m upset. I was just talking to George [McPhee] and he said all the kids do that nowadays, which I understand. But would he have done it on his first goal?” Oates said. “He hasn’t scored yet tonight and he gets a breakaway, is he going to do that on his breakaway? We’ll see.

“I think it was a little bit of a mood thing, which I’m sure they talked about, because they didn’t play him after that,” Oates continued. “I’m glad the coach did that because this league, it will bite you if you’re not sharp. Don’t disrespect the league. I’m sure it was a rookie mistake.”

I (sort of) get being annoyed by an excessive celebration, but if you don't want someone to score a fancy goal on you, then play defense. Or Biron could have poke checked him.

If this was a beer league game, a move like that in a blowout would be douchey. But this is the pros - they're getting paid to do this.

Hertl isn't going to make this what he does on every scoring opportunity. He was riding high on the game of his young life, and went out with a bang.

I know Josh, I just never heard a start like that given the "decent" label. So to my Edmonton friend, how is it that the Oilers get three 1st overall selections in a row, yet still suck, yet the Aves get one, and a few other high selections and look like a contender, early into this thing? hehe

Back