NHL 2011-2012 Season

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I can't say I wasn't expecting this one:

Ducks fire Randy Carlyle, hire Bruce Boudreau

https://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=604070

Boudreau is an excellent coach and Anaheim is in desperate need for some proper leadership :lol
The ducks are a freakin' train wreck right now, but i don't know if i like Boudreau as their new coach. Hiller should attend that goalie camp with Fleury.

When i watch the Bruins i always see Thomas heavily screened. Then they'll wind up with a slap shot that seems to make it through everybody, and Thomas just absorbs the puck somehow. No rebounds. Fleury and Hiller always get beat with nobody in front of them cuz they are too damn slow to react. I'd say the Pens defense help Fleury look much better than he actually is. The Ducks have no defense, so poor Hiller just looks bad all the time.

The Bruins defense makes Tim Thomas look outstanding at times as well. Look at last night for example Thomas was outside the crease on multiple occasions and got beat only to have Chara or Seidenberg bail him out. Everyone toots Thomas's horn but the guy plays for a stellar defensive team. Just because Jack Edwards commentary makes Thomas sound like he is making a huge save he isn't and when he is odds are he was out of position and had to pull a rabbit out of his ass to get back and make the save

When i watch the Bruins i always see Thomas heavily screened. Then they'll wind up with a slap shot that seems to make it through everybody, and Thomas just absorbs the puck somehow. No rebounds. Fleury and Hiller always get beat with nobody in front of them cuz they are too damn slow to react. I'd say the Pens defense help Fleury look much better than he actually is. The Ducks have no defense, so poor Hiller just looks bad all the time.

HOLY SHUTUP! Every post is a slam on Fleury. SHUTUP! You broken record. Also do you even watch the games? Fleury's reaction timing is incredible. He's AAA: highly acrobatic, athletic, and agile.

Seriously, find a new player to piss on. This song and dance is old. Achy Breaky Heart old!

HOLY SHUTUP! Every post is a slam on Fleury. SHUTUP! You broken record. Also do you even watch the games? Fleury's reaction timing is incredible. He's AAA: highly acrobatic, athletic, and agile.

Seriously, find a new player to piss on. This song and dance is old. Achy Breaky Heart old!
Sorry. The goal tender is the position i pay the most attention to in hockey. I feel it is the most important position on the team and i expect a lot from goaltenders. Alright, i'll piss on Pavalec from now on. How the hell can somebody whose Save % is under 900 still be a starting Goalie in the NHL. The Jets should waive that guy already.

Sorry. The goal tender is the position i pay the most attention to in hockey. I feel it is the most important position on the team and i expect a lot from goaltenders. Alright, i'll piss on Pavalec from now on. How the hell can somebody whose Save % is under 900 still be a starting Goalie in the NHL. The Jets should waive that guy already.

Easy answer to that question: Andrej Pavelec's the best option we have, and it's not just him. You have to watch the games. Stats is derivative of team play, personal performance, and a bit of luck (good and/or bad).

Stats are a partial explanation to a player's season, but not the sole basis and/or argument for measuring individual success. Anyone who watches sports and understands those fundamentals, is aware of this.

A guy can play his heart out for games on end, and look solid in those games. Having chance after chance that he has generated, but for whatever reason can not capitalize. The stats page may tell you a story, but the coaching staff, and educated fans following those games, could tell you another story altogether.

Prime example: Victor Hedman. Getting plenty of solid minutes in Tampa Bay. He's been doing all the little things right and has been receiving positive reviews from both his team and fans/observers. The biggest reflection of that is his contract extension that he signed recently. We can go on about how he only has 2 goals and is a - in 20+ games this year, but we can also see he logs more minutes on a nightly basis than anyone on that team. And that his stats are more of a reflection on overall team performance. I can also tell you he has smart positioning, anticipates and reads plays well this season, poke checks with the best of them and is a great skater, but just because he hasn't put up the points or is a + does not mean he has not been putting forth the effort, or that he's been garbage. You don't extend a player for that length at that price at this point in time unless you see promising things. Nor would he continue to eat up big minutes. Luke Schenn was off several games back, and it reflected on his coach's faith in him. His ice time was cut down dramatically, to even one point, where he was benched. Last season Schenn led all NHL defenseman in hits and was tops on his team in blocked shots. Seeing zero power play time last season, he still amassed 5 goals and 22 points at the tender age of 21. btw Schenn's game has improved his play recently (4 points in his past 2 NHL contests), and low and behold, what do you know, so have his minutes!

I also get what you're trying to do, and I don't find it funny. Point is, you were wrong about Marc-Andre Fleury last year, as he had turned around his season, and did it with a depleted roster in front of him. Half of it was him, the other half of the reason for his turn-around was Dan Blysma's system.

There are many intangibles. But you sir, are incorrect on your observations on Fleury and Pavelec, or are going based on very little evidence. Do you realize where Andrej's average save percentage stems from? Costly turn overs, missed assignments and defensive errors from being a relatively new team, in a new environment, a pressured environment to perform at a high level right away in a hockey hot bed. If you look at his stats of recent, they have improved vastly. He's coming around, just like the Flower did last year. Educate yourself, before you mess yourself.

Last edited:
Having said what I did (concerning Andrej Pavelec), I would love if the Winnipeg Jets somehow got either Cory Schneider or Eddie Lack from the Vancouver Canucks. Either one would be an improvement over Pavelec, because I believe both will be capable star No. 1 NHL goalies one day. Schneids is proving that right now, and I believe Lack to even be superior to Cory. Lucky Canucks!

The biggest WTF for goalies right now is Andrew Raycroft, how the hell is this guy still in the NHL, has one win since January.

I also get what you're trying to do, and I don't find it funny. Point is, you were wrong about Marc-Andre Fleury last year, as he had turned around his season, and did it with a depleted roster in front of him. Half of it was him, the other half of the reason for his turn-around was Dan Blysma's system.

There are many intangibles. But you sir, are incorrect on your observations on Fleury and Pavelec, or are going based on very little evidence. Do you realize where Andrej's average save percentage stems from? Costly turn overs, missed assignments and defensive errors from being a relatively new team, in a new environment, a pressured environment to perform at a high level right away in a hockey hot bed. If you look at his stats of recent, they have improved vastly. He's coming around, just like the Flower did last year. Educate yourself, before you mess yourself.
I'm just messing with you, man. You are very compasionate about hockey. i like getting under your skin.

Fleury is by no means the worst goalie in the league, but you are ____in blind if you cant see that he is not a top ten. Has he had some streaks and moments, ya, has he made soem incredible saves, for sure

But on a regualr basis he lets in ____ty goals, once again tonight, back hand high glove side.

First cup run, hes the reason they lost. He couldnt deal with the pressure and let in some weak ones, plus he trips coming out onto the ice in game one and lets in 4 goals. 2nd cup run, the team plays sick defence and a solid system, they win it all, rememeber game 5? yanked 5 goals. Rob Scuderi saving it in the crease in game 6, thank you. Next year he single handedly gave teh series to the Habs, let in some of the worst goals ive ever seen. Last year when we needed him against the lighting he got out done by Dwyane Roloson, wow.

Stop riding the Fleury bandwagon, hes not that good dude.

You got to be pretty dang good to go first overall in your draft year. Fleury is young, still has plenty of potential and time to perfect his game.

Not always...

19-rick-dipietro_display_image.jpg

It is different when you are a American goalie with potential and yet haven't won ____ in your career pre-NHL, get picked by the worst team in the league,sign a ridiculous contract and have a career plagued by injuries.

You got to be pretty dang good to go first overall in your draft year. Fleury is young, still has plenty of potential and time to perfect his game.

Agreed, but we have seen that just cuz you go number one doesnt mean hack ____

We keep saying give him time...

But he still shows that he doesnt have the mental toughness, he cant shake off the bad goal

My problem with him, isnt him so much his talent but more of what hes getting paid, and teh affect it will play on the Pens ability to keep the cast they have moving forward

The biggest WTF for goalies right now is Andrew Raycroft, how the hell is this guy still in the NHL, has one win since January.

Raycroft is just that goalie that everyone forgets about :lol I haven't heard his name since he played in Toronto, I'm shocked to hear that he still plays in the NHL...but I guess stranger things have happened.

Thank you! Not only was he drafted first overall in the deepest draft class in NHL history (2003, but 1979 also comes to mind), but he played at 18 and started the first several games in 03/04 with a .930 save percentage. Unfortunately he was not mentally ready at the time to be in the NHL so he took it hard and fell as a result. The kid has been to the show twice and has won the biggest trophy in all of hockey, and did it at, what?! Gasp! 24?! ZOINKS SCOOBS! Some goalies are just starting their NHL careers at that time. You don't say! I DO SAY!

And blinders?! I also seen Fleury steal games. And not good? And that playoff year you refer to where he was "supposedly mediocre", he had a .933 save percentage, 14-6 record, and 3 SO. Oh and a 1.97 GAA. If you remember, our forwards weren't exactly producing that Final, and Malkin was a complete no show. When he did show up in the following Cup Final, we what?! WON THE CUP?! OH REAL?! FOR REALS! For reals reals? FO REALS!

Point is, it takes a whole team to win a bloody Cup. Fleury was phenomenal. btw Guess who were the big heroes of that Game 7 in the 2009 Cup Final, that saw us win Lord Stanley's Cup?! Not Malkin (Mr. Playoff MVP) or Sid the Kid, but Talbot, and who...WHO?!

OH

THAT

WOULD

BE

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

STILL WAIT FOR IT.....

Can you handle the wait time biznatches?!

Alright...

IT WAS...

DING...

DING....

MARC FRAKIN' ANDRE FRAKIN' "THE FLOWER" FLLLLEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUURRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYY!!!"

Word!

I'm just messing with you, man. You are very compassionate about hockey. i like getting under your skin.

I corrected the spelling of compassionate for you. This peace offering lets you know, I forgive you. You may now go in peace brother. May the Hockey Irrelevant Banter Gods be with you.

Amen.

I was a season ticket holder for the Monarchs and got a game used stick after they carried some out to the sales bin after the game. The team does a yearly meet and greet with all the players and he was called up right before the meet and greet. One of the reps I know was going to try and get him to auto a game used Kings stick and send it to me but it never happened. My wife does have an autographed Dan Cloutier Monarchs "Red Sox" night jersey fresh off his back though.

Wow, being a season ticket holder gives good benefits. I use to watch the Kings practice and get their autgraphs when they are done. They are a bunch of good guys.

Back