NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of us would love that also, but this day and age....that is long gone. America/NFL glorifies trash talkers(too many too name), and classy players (Manning,Luck etc..) . It's one extreme or the other really and everyone in between gets lost in the fray.

True with all of professional sports really, look at who is the most popular in UFC.... Silva...cockiest mofo in the world....and gsp...class act stand up guy that would never say a bad word about his opponent.

At the end of the day though we can all agree on this.... the NFC West is the best division in all of football and to survive that division is a feat in itself! Let alone be the last 2 teams left in the NFC to duke it out for the superbowl

I have loved the Broncos since I was 7 years old. I am so happy that I get to see the Broncos in the Super Bowl again. I think the Broncos facing the Seahawks is favorable one for the Broncos but it is the Super Bowl so anything goes. This will be a great Super Bowl and I hope I get to celebrate a third Broncos Super Bowl win. Let's go Broncos :rock :rock

Corners/WR's are the biggest trash talkers in football anyways, not sure why anyone is surprised or shocked when someone in one of these positions goes off. Not like any niners fans have room to talk about not "being classy" ....lookin at you Anquan Boldin/kaep. When kaep mocked Cam last week were all of you chastising him? ...Didn't think so.

It's part of the game really I don't blame any one of them for doing the things they do unless it's intentionally trying to end someone's career. Players aren't paid to be nice, think Steve Smith gives a F about being nice? NOPE. They get paid to make plays, and if getting into someones head accomplishes that then go do it.

If Sherman was on your team you'd be loving it, just like us Seattle fans love Sherman.

:goodpost:

My impression of both games...Broncos O just too much for NE D. Peyton kept Brady on the sidelines far too long. Only 8 offensive possessions for NE is not enough to get it done. When NE did have the ball early, couldn't convert on 3rd downs. Peyton was masterful today.

So long as Kap is a better runner than he is a pocket passer, 9ers will continue to have problems against elite Ds. Gore was a no show. Wilson made a handful of plays when he had to. Lynch hit 9ners up for another 100+ yard game and a TD. Ballgame. This game could have went either way. Hawks did enough to win it.

Should be a fun Super Bowl. Denvers O vs Hawks D will be an epic battle. I really don't think Denver has faced anything like the Hawks D this year. They are a very physical and imposing bunch. If Peyton has time to throw the ball, Hawks are in trouble.

Not everyone is a robot but that's what the NFL wants to make its players. Let them have personalities. Let them say what they gotta say. Everybody is a grown man. If you don't like them showing off or talking trash then shut them up. If you can't then deal with it. It's a game at the end of the day. Games of any kind aren't played the exact same way. If they were then there would be no winners or losers. Simple as that. Sherman earned that right to say what he had to say. Knowing Crabtree he probably said worst throughout the game. Same thing with Kap doing the Superman last week. Same exact thing. No difference really. I always hear people say stuff like these players nowadays make me want to turn away from the game. Well none of them have. I have yet to see a man who loves football stop watching football at any age level. Man up. Move on.

With all that said, I'll probably watch Shameless and a movie on Super Bowl Sunday. The exact same thing I did in 2012.

Another thing is that the way the media/journalists have handled Sherman and the Seahawks lately has been aimed to stain and tarnish Sherm and the Hawks (I mean look at how big of a deal the media made out of that whole ordeal of Seattle not selling tickets to California WHEN that rule was put into place before Seattle knew who they were gonna play, AND when Denver was doing the same thing for their championship game). Those articles didn't mention any of what I just mentioned and just focused on tarnishing the Seahawks. But guess what? People ate that **** up and will believe anything they read. Talk about a lack of journalistic integrity. It's nothing new in this era of very successful sports team being the target of heavy criticism though (I mean look at Lebron James and the Heat for example). For some reason, people just like to bash on successful athletes. Don't know why they do it, but they do.

All that being said, I can see where all these people are coming from when they're complaining about Sherman being classless, but only because I believe they've been conditioned into doing so. There's so much more explanation I could provide (like people complaining about how the Seahawks taunt/gloat even though they don't have a SB win, the "unfair" advantage of the 12th man at CLink, the PED cases, etc) but I'm way too ****ing tired right now and need to get some sleep

Bottom line: in this day and age, whenever any sports team is successful, for some reason people just find negative stuff to point out and complain about.

Wow, looks like I missed out on a good game. I watched the Denver v New England game (kicked off at 8pm UK time), but by the time the Seattle v San Francisco game kicked off it was nearly midnight in England and I was struggling to keep my eyes open.

This type of behavior and the subsequent media frenzy happens in pretty much every sport. We have it every weekend here in England in the English Premier League. It's not just the players; some of the behavior displayed by the fans attending the games is borderline barbaric.

Something I have always admired about American sports is the way that fans seem to mingle and sit together with little trouble or fuss. I'm not naive and know that there are obviously rivalries and some trouble between fans. However, on multiple ocassions I have seen Dolphins fans and Colts fans sitting together, Mets and Pirates fans sitting together, etc etc, and I think it's great. If that ever happened in the English Premier League there would be bloodshed on a weekly basis, and possibly deaths (no exaggeration).

Overall, the two best teams in the NFL this season deservedly reached the Super Bowl. I've booked Monday 3rd February off from work so I can stay up, drink beer, eat pizza, and watch the Super Bowl into the early hours of the morning :yess:

LMAO .... that's the pot calling the kettle black on a comic collectible forum.

Sidenote.... I love people who act badass on the internet.
Careful he will send you a bunch of messages about how he is so much better than you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to say with all the talk, the classier and better team won. Although each team has bad elements/eggs, San Fran just has more.

Now bring on the Super Bowl.

Another painful ending to the postseason for the 49ers. It's becoming all-too frequent. I don't know what the one piece is that the 49ers need...maybe a presence at cornerback or a more matured Colin Kaepernick to get through his reads. But yesterday was a huge game, and too many of the 49ers star offensive weapons were too easy to take out of the game. Gore did nothing (but Seattle always stops him now so that's not a shock), Kap played like Jekyl and Hyde, Vernon Davis suddenly became a subpar tight end, etc. Seattle gets credit for that of course but it didn't even seem like Roman even tried to spread the field for them at all. Did V. Davis run one deep route? Niners secondary looked lost at times. And, I swear, that entire 4th and 7 play I KNEW Aldon Smith would jump offsides and I knew that play would kill us. Undisciplined.

But it was a great game. Either team earned the right to be at that Super Bowl. It was very worthy NFC championship and we put on a much better show than the AFC game did (no fault to the Broncos of course). Most upsetting thing about yesterdays game was to see Bowman go down and Seattle fans throwing food at him. Fans like that are disgraceful. I know it's not all Seattle fans because I actually had very pleasant experiences with some yesterday and I love the idea that SF and Seattle fans are coming together to raise money for children's hospitals. The media loves the drama and Sherman's WWE antics, but this rivalry has brought some good too.

Hats off Seattle fans. Good luck. And we look forward to trying to wrestle that NFC championship back form you next season.

Have to say with all the talk, the classier and better team won. Although each team has bad elements/eggs, San Fran just has more.

Now bring on the Super Bowl.

If you are implying that the Niners are not classy and the Panthers are, that's pretty remarkable.

But once Carolina got pushed around a bit and a taste of their own medicine, they turned into the pretenders that most of us thought they were. Even Mr. Kuechly couldn't man up and handle it without crying every time he got steamrolled or missed a tackle.

Green Bay and their half-assed defense put up a bigger fight,

Now bring on the Super Bowl

"Good sportsmanship
Moments after the final play a few enthusiastic Seattle fans jumped through the somber crowds crowing "Good game" and offering excited handshakes.No Niners fans, at least at first, seemed up to reciprocating."

From this article:
https://m.sfgate.com/49ers/article/No-joy-in-S-F-as-Niners-defeated-by-Seahawks-5158140.php

The comments are just as hilarious...More excuses.

Back