NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL at Santonio Holmes. What a *****. A half dozen different things you can do with the ball to declare yourself down and he does the 1 thing you shouldn't.

He was in obvious serious pain so I don't blame him. He obviously thought he hit ground and was down and was more worried about the injury then the ball.

After the last two weeks, going 12 of 13 so far in my pick 'em pool sems like winning the lottery.

I dropped the Seahawks/Rams game, though.

Kara where are you and mike at this year?
What's there to say? :lol

I'm actually happy with the Saints performance today. They played hard, which is something I did not see in their previous games. Some stupid mistakes at bad times, but they held their own and had a shot at the end. Defense is horrific this year, though, as usual.

Thought I'd go back and look at some quotes from before the year now that we're four games in.

I think Locker will end up being to inconsistent this season for them to compete this year.

Yep

Not with Carson Palmer at the helm.

Yep

It looks like the NFL darlings this year are Green Bay and Houston.

My predictions are a New England vs. San Francisco Super Bowl.

Sticking with San Fran and maybe on New England. Houston is living up to the hype thus far.

Sprig. The Cardinals? You got some splaning to do.

Sprig is a soothsayer.

When will coaches learn that stupid last second timeout is a bad idea.

Sprig is a soothsayer.

:lol I made some bad picks, too. I just liked how they looked on D and how strong they finished last season. If Kolb stays hot, keep him in and they know they have a back up capable of winning. Arizona is in a great position right now.

If Schaub doesn't go down this year, I'm actually liking the Texans in the Super Bowl- based off of the early season showing. They are just a tough team! I think a legitimate argument could be made that they could've done it last season is Schaub stayed healthy. He really showed some grit shaking off that hit he took last week.

Nothing against Arizona and Atlanta being perfect this far themselves, but they've had some pretty big comeback wins, whereas Houston has looked great on both sides of the ball.

Now I'm just hoping ma Stillers have collected themselves on their bye and start playing well on D, and learn to hold the ball on O. No complaints with Ben. Throwing 8 TDs, 1 INT and passing for over 900 yds in only 3 games- that's solid. Tough game to welcome them back against Philly, just thankfully it's a home game.

He was in obvious serious pain so I don't blame him. He obviously thought he hit ground and was down and was more worried about the injury then the ball.

Exactly, but someone moe concerned with the team and less himself would not just toss the ball out. I've seen plenty of guys go down and make sure they cover the ball. The difference is they aren't "me first" players like Santonio.

:lol I made some bad picks, too. I just liked how they looked on D and how strong they finished last season. If Kolb stays hot, keep him in and they know they have a back up capable of winning. Arizona is in a great position right now.

If Schaub doesn't go down this year, I'm actually liking the Texans in the Super Bowl- based off of the early season showing. They are just a tough team! I think a legitimate argument could be made that they could've done it last season is Schaub stayed healthy. He really showed some grit shaking off that hit he took last week.

Nothing against Arizona and Atlanta being perfect this far themselves, but they've had some pretty big comeback wins, whereas Houston has looked great on both sides of the ball.

Now I'm just hoping ma Stillers have collected themselves on their bye and start playing well on D, and learn to hold the ball on O. No complaints with Ben. Throwing 8 TDs, 1 INT and passing for over 900 yds in only 3 games- that's solid. Tough game to welcome them back against Philly, just thankfully it's a home game.

Atlanta's only come from behind was yesterday. In fact yesterday was the only game they've trailed in at any point. I've been burned so many times before though I'm afraid to give them a shot despite them being my main team. For now I'm sticking with San Fran from the NFC. I'm really curious to see that Niners/Cards game for sure.

Atlanta's only come from behind was yesterday. In fact yesterday was the only game they've trailed in at any point. I've been burned so many times before though I'm afraid to give them a shot despite them being my main team. For now I'm sticking with San Fran from the NFC. I'm really curious to see that Niners/Cards game for sure.

No dis on the Falcons, I was referring to how both of those teams had comebacks yesterday. I'll say it for ya, Atlanta looks really good so far this season. They definitely look to be a solid contender for a 1st round bye come January.

That San Fran/Arizona game is gonna tell a lot about those 2 teams. Arizona actually beat up on San Fran pretty good last year in that 2nd game. It wasn't a one-sided effort, Arizona got beat on pretty good too. This season is looking like the NFC west isn't going to be full of a bunch of pushover like usual. Based off of these first 4 weeks, I wouldn't be surprised to see a team from that division in the Super Bowl.

I'm going to have to quote my pre-season picks come mid-season with my "revisions". :lol

Saints are gonna go 12-4. Superbowl bound, babay!! :rock

Don't stop believing!

So how bad does everyone in New Orleans hate Darren Sharper for predicting the Saints starting 0-4, and it actually coming true? :lol

I'm actually starting to feel bad for this team... NOT!

borat-mustache1.jpg

One of the reasons I really thought Peyton Manning should have gone to Arizona. Their D is legit, playing in a domed stadium would benefit him, and of course having Larry Fitzgerald is a plus, too. Oh well.

Yeah, despite being undefeated, I'm still uncertain about Atlanta. We've seen this before, great regular season only to flame out in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Back