NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Yahoo:

..Sources: New Orleans Saints kept a 'ledger' detailing weekly earnings in bounty scandal

Two sources with knowledge of the NFL's evidence in the New Orleans Saints bounty scandal said Friday that the league has a copy of a "ledger" that was kept detailing weekly earnings for players.

The ledger, which shows both money earned for "cart-offs" and "whacks" and deducted for "mental errors," also points to the fact that players were told on a week-by-week basis of their performance.

Full article:

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--...ailing-weekly-earnings-in-bounty-scandal.html

I bet the saints wish there current and former players would just shut up. Oddly enough Vilma was in the new today talking again about evidence and now this.

God the saints are so ____ed :lol

they got off easy.....only 2 of the 4 players suspended still play for the Saints (Will Smith for 4 games, Vilma for the year). The DC in charge of it isn't coaching for them. Payton isn't able to coach for a year which could have been much worse. GM only gets 8 games and few assistant coaches get some games. Fined 500k and lose a first round draft pick next year. They should have been punished more....how dumb do you have to be as an organization to know you are being investigated for a bounty program and here you are keeping a ledger full of notes about it. :slap

Speaking of hard hits, former Raiders player Lester Hayes gave an interview to CNN and what he said was a bit unexpected. I'd post the link but it was on my BlackBerry and haven't quite figured it out yet.....I miss my Tundra sometimes

The Saints got off easy, but yet Vilma got too much?

Are you bipolar?

:cuckoo:=sprig0701

Yes the Saints got off easy. Only 2 players suspended? Only 2 coaches suspended? They only had to give up a 2nd round pick this year and next year which could be changed. Fined 500k but are saving millions not having to pay Vilma, Smith, Vitt, and Payton.

"The team was previously fined $500,000 and docked second-round picks this year and next for a three-year pay-for-pain system that rewarded injury-causing hits by Saints defenders. While the Saints cannot salvage their 2012 second-rounder, the league's announcement suggested there could be a modification of the 2013 pick penalty and reduction in the individuals' lost pay, although the fine will not be reduced."

Vilma got too much because he got the exact same as Sean Payton. As I said earlier, shorten Vilma's or lengthen Payton's. Has nothing to do with just Vilma.

https://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ans-saints-sean-payton-mickey-loomis-joe-vitt

Last edited:
Look at all the crap Santonio Holmes did his rookie season, and he went on to become Super Bowl MVP ..... but he kept his crap up and got cut by the Steelers.

Talent can chump actions like that, but an organization will only put up with that garbage for so long.

Bring on the complainers.

I have always felt that human imperfection from the players and refs was one of the things that makes football fun to watch.

And I have always had to implement a little extra patience when talking to friends that seem to believe that the officiating is the number one aspect of football and is the single feature that winning or losing depends on.

Looks like I am going to need to get my patience into training right now.:)

Thanks for the early head's-up, mfoga!

Really. We all _____ about the real ones like there's no tomorrow. I can only imagine how bad scab officials will make it.

I am hopeful that the scabs might do a better job. Some of the current ones seem to like being on TV more then doing a good job.

I am hopeful that the scabs might do a better job. Some of the current ones seem to like being on TV more then doing a good job.

:lecture If I don't have to hear a long winded explanation for a simple penalty from Ed Hochuli next year, I'm all for scabs.

Back