NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please, comparing slurs to a DUI is a stretch. :slap

But since no one was hurt, Wards DUI isn't that big a deal. Jackson has been an ass since he first came into the League. His remarks did more to hurt his reputation, and the Eagles orginization's image, and nothing he can say or do can fix that. And the thing is, he doesn't care and will do something like that, or worse, again without hesitation.

Definitely more than what the Jets gave Braylon Edwards. Missing one quarter? That was a joke and a disgrace. Ward is a good person, and he should go above and beyond what most pro athletes would to better this situation. But I definitely feel this season (if there is one) the League needs to hand out at least a 1 game suspension for DUIs.

And about the lock out, I saw retired players filed a motion to be able to be their own voice in these talks. They don't want the NFLPA speaking for them at the negotiations. "Experts" think this could hurt the possibility of ending the lock out before the start of the season. Why would a bunch of retired players care if there's a season? It's not like they're going to be playing. But, they could serve to better the retirement for when these guys do hang it up.

Yeah, he needs at least 1 game. What the Jets did was a joke at best.

What Current players are doing for retired players is again a joke at best. They could care less about those guys until in a few months or years they are them. Then they'll care a whole lot and be upset at how they're treated.

Wouldn't expect anything less from you Keith. :lol Gotta back your boy up even when he's being a bigot. Both are bad as they show a lack of respect and care for your fellow man/women.

That's complete BS. Maybe I should record you during a match of Gears and play it back to you. :yess::lol

I am very disappointed in Hines Ward. People could have been hurt as was mentioned. Luckily, at the end of the day, the only one that got hurt was Hines, himself, and even then no more so than getting a DUI charge. He seems to have the character to make the corrections he needs to make...at least as near as I can tell from all the way over in California.

I have lost no love for him.

I guess Ray Lewis was right.... no NFL = more crime. :)

But I think Ray-Ray was insinuating that the NFL is full of criminals, and if they don't have football to play and don't get paid, then they'll resort to crime instead. Who knows, he may be liable to stab someone again :dunno

Depends on who the offender is: Hines or Donte.:horror

In Dante's defense, the guy crossed on a major highway where pedestrians are not supposed to, and had that not happened they wouldn't have known he was "intoxicated". If he were playing for the Jets at the time he might have been suspended an entire half.

I really wish they would get this lockout over. I am a huge NFL fan and it would be a long, long winter without football.

Hey look! Another Steeler in the news! :nana::rotfl

Harrison on Goodell

"If that man was on fire and I had to piss to put him out, I wouldn't do it," Harrison told the magazine. "I hate him and will never respect him."

His other descriptions of the commissioner include an anti-gay slur, "stupid," "puppet" and "dictator."

Hey look! Another Steeler in the news! :nana::rotfl

Harrison on Goodell

Still not as bad as the nicest thing the nicest guy on the Eagles can pull :pfft:

And look up Harrison's interview from SB media day, when he talks about laying a pillow down under the players before he tackles them. Good stuff :lol

Still not as bad as the nicest thing the nicest guy on the Eagles can pull :pfft:

And look up Harrison's interview from SB media day, when he talks about laying a pillow down under the players before he tackles them. Good stuff :lol

Meh, the NFL is full of thugs. Not nearly as bad as the NBA.

LOL...I might have to read that Harrison interview. I want to see what context he used to call Goodell both a "puppet" and a "Dictator" at the same time. It seems to me that those terms are mutually exclusive.

I am starting to wonder about Mike Tomlin just a little. I am not ready to hang the team's attitude on him, and I am not ready to take the position that the team attitude has crumbled...but I do see an increase in negative behavior and I do see that it coincides with Tomlins tenure as the coach. He has easily proved himself on the gridiron, but I am wondering...just a little...if his presence is inspiring the team members to be their best all the time.

I think he should start spitting on the players when he is yelling at them. It worked for Bill Cowher. The players hated his getting in their face (actually whether he was happy with them or mad at them) because he always spit on them when he adressed them.

Start spitting on them, Mike!:)

Back