NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oakland was lucky, SD was struggling last year. Otherwise it's pretty much business as usual for Oakland since They lost the SB.

The successful era of Rich Gannon is pretty much gone in Oakland. Oakland needs a quality type coach like gruden again! Otherwise just move back to L.A.

Pretty bad and embarassing when you lose to a green and I do mean green rookie in Miami.

Actually, it's Denver who was lucky last year. Prior to McFadden and Jason Campbell's injuries last year, Oakland was 5-1 or 4-2. They were poised for a very successful year, unlike the last 10 or so years. Then the injury bug hit Oakland hard and they finished 8-8.

Oakland lost to a green rookie in Miami before...Chad Henne. It's not embarrassing when it's expected.

This week came through for sprig's short term wish. Baltimore and New England lost, and Pittsburgh won. Now Brady needs to continue his regular season perfection against Thug-imore, and Pittsburgh just needs a W out west in Oakland. I'm not guaranteeing anything. The Steelers played like crap last trip out there, and Baltimore is always a tough out after a loss.

And props to Philly's D. Their offense commits, what?, 5 turnovers, and all that kept Baltimore in that game was 2 long FGs. That's a tough D. If their offense learns ball control, look out entire NFC.

Will be nice to see them not cough up the ball. Vick is still getting hit far too often as well.

Who would've thought we would be excited to see a regular season Detroit vs. Francisco game! But here we go! :rotfl

Go Niners! I hope Harbaugh decks Schwartz this time! :lol

Will be nice to see them not cough up the ball. Vick is still getting hit far too often as well.

Baltimore got away with some blatantly late hits in that 1st half. I was screaming at the TV like I was watching them play the Steelers. As long as they're not playing the Steelers, I'll root for Philly. The whole home-State thing.

I thing Andy Reid has done an excellent job of refining Vick's QB skills, but the old Vick does come out now and again. Philly is tough. Had Aker not missed 3 FGs in that WC round loss to Green Bay, then who knows what might have happened. Aside from those missed FGs, Philly gave Green Bay their hardest game in those play offs.

If Vick stays healthy, they got all the tools around him to win.

The Raiders did not end up in 3rd last year. The Chargers did. Denver won in Week 17 and Oakland lost in Week 17, but Denver had the first tiebreaker.

AFC West
Denver Broncos 8 8 0 .500
Oakland Raiders 8 8 0 .500
San Diego Chargers 8 8 0 .500
Kansas City Chiefs 7 9 0 .438
Not sure where you found that, nfl.com and espn.com paint a different picture.

Oakland was lucky, SD was struggling last year. Otherwise it's pretty much business as usual for Oakland since They lost the SB.

The successful era of Rich Gannon is pretty much gone in Oakland. Oakland needs a quality type coach like gruden again! Otherwise just move back to L.A.

Pretty bad and embarassing when you lose to a green and I do mean green rookie in Miami.

One of the dumber posts I've read.

So are you going to stick around and post 42 times during this game, like you did in the NFC Championship game?

Forget the quantity, try some quality.

Not sure where you found that, nfl.com and espn.com paint a different picture.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2011/

The standings shown on NFL.com and ESPN.com aren't taking into account that San Diego had no chance of winning the division after Week 16, while Oakland actually had the division lead. They just needed to win in Week 17 and didn't, while Denver did win in Week 17 and beat Oakland via tiebreaker to win the AFC West last year.

I'm so glad the Eagles didn't go with the new Nike collar. They look dumb.

I also think announcers are dumb when they call a game a one possession game when the score is an 8 point difference. Sure a two point conversion is possible. However it's still dumb. We all know it's still a two possession game. :rotfl

Back