NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's funny listening to the Steelers fans and Browns fans bicker. Kinda like the Vikings and Packer fans round here.

It's funny listening to the Steelers fans and Browns fans bicker. Kinda like the Vikings and Packer fans round here.

Big difference though. The Vikes and Pack are for the most part both good teams, but the Steelers are good and the browns suck.
And the Vikes need to send Bret back to Mississippi. I'm about sick and damn tired of everytime I try to watch any sports channel it's all about that drama queen and whether he'll start or not. i don't think those trapped miners in Chile got as much screen time as him.

How many times have the Browns finished out of last in the division in the past 10 years? What, twice? 3 times? Yep, a W is the number 1 stat and Cleveland lacks them. Go put your blue collar on and crack a beer because you beat the SB champs 3 staright years and still got high draft picks :slap

Past 10 years? A little unfair huh? Every 2 years we end up tearing down what the previous had begun.

We've had how many "eras" crammed into the past 10 years since we rejoined the league. 5 head coaches since then, Chris Palmer,
Butch Davis, Terry Robiskie (to mop up the mess Butch made), Romeo Crennel, and now Eric Mangini.

And look where our old headcoach is now...Bill Belichick. Man if only they didn't move our team, there could have been so many possibilities...i think everything is robbed from us.

...i don't think those trapped miners in Chile got as much screen time as him.

Can we send the Steelers back into the mine? I heard weather down there is much warmer than ____tsburgh.

Big difference though. The Vikes and Pack are for the most part both good teams, but the Steelers are good and the browns suck.
And the Vikes need to send Bret back to Mississippi. I'm about sick and damn tired of everytime I try to watch any sports channel it's all about that drama queen and whether he'll start or not. i don't think those trapped miners in Chile got as much screen time as him.

Who cares about recent times? This is about a rivalry on both sides for years! Not so much of a difference when both teams on both sides despise each other..For years! (Browns, Steelers, Pack, Vikes)

And Blame the media with nothing else to talk about. Not favre. (i've learned that well the last 2 yrs) It is sick!

Past 10 years? A little unfair huh? Every 2 years we end up tearing down what the previous had begun.

We've had how many "eras" crammed into the past 10 years since we rejoined the league. 5 head coaches since then, Chris Palmer,
Butch Davis, Terry Robiskie (to mop up the mess Butch made), Romeo Crennel, and now Eric Mangini.

And look where our old headcoach is now...Bill Belichick. Man if only they didn't move our team, there could have been so many possibilities...i think everything is robbed from us.

Hey, you wanna talk about wins and beating SB champs, that's all part of it. Your front office sucks and needs to learn the meaning of continuity. The last QB to damn near take them to the play-offs is struggling down in Arizona now. He couldn't help it that the next season his receivers couldn't catch any passes and the coaches sucked. Cowher had his struggles with the Steelers as well, and Tomlin did last season, but the Rooneys at least know about continuity.

I really enjoyed that game. Wish the win had gone the other way, of course. But hats off to the Saints' "D". They did a great job.

And I am even more proud of that team for being so nice to the Browns and letting them win last week. Sort of like the high school team that let the young man with Downs' syndrome make that touchdown.

I salute the Saints!

I really enjoyed that game. Wish the win had gone the other way, of course. But hats off to the Saints' "D". They did a great job.

And I am even more proud of that team for being so nice to the Browns and letting them win last week. Sort of like the high school team that let the young man with Downs' syndrome make that touchdown.

I salute the Saints!

Brutal!!!!

Who cares about recent times? This is about a rivalry on both sides for years! Not so much of a difference when both teams on both sides despise each other..For years! (Browns, Steelers, Pack, Vikes)

Recent times reflect the biggest rivalries. The oldest rivalry is the Bears and Packs, but the Bears suck as of late so the attention shifted more to the Pack and Vikes. The Steelers and Browns go way back as well, but with the Browns sucking the attention turns towards the Steelers and Ravens match-ups. I mean any division rivalry is intense, but when it comes down to who's the better of the top 2 then the momentum shifts until there's a new rival to vie for the top spot.

I salute the Saints!

Ouchy :horror

Yeah but even if the Steelers and Browns sucked. And the Vikes Pack, the games would still be intense cause of the hatred. (at least around here)

Ugh! The Saints D man-handled the Steelers O-line tonight.
Yeah. I was genuinely surprised, because most of the time the Saints blitz, it doesn't really work all that well. Saints tend to get burned on about half of their blitzes. And about half of the other attempts actually do what they are supposed to. Tonight the Saints D looked as good as they have been since last year's game against the Pats IMO. But like I said before, they've been damn good most of this year. I saw the stat that over the last 3 games (before tonight), they allowed 1 TD per game. Same tonight. In previous games, Saints lost because of offensive turnovers. And wacky ____ like causing the QB to fumble into the endzone where an O lineman recovers for a TD. . .

Yeah but even if the Steelers and Browns sucked. And the Vikes Pack, the games would still be intense cause of the hatred. (at least around here)

To the true fans of the teams, but to draw in the "casual" fans more they over-hype some of the rivalries to an extent.

Yeah. I was genuinely surprised, because most of the time the Saints blitz, it doesn't really work all that well. Saints tend to get burned on about half of their blitzes. And about half of the other attempts actually do what they are supposed to. Tonight the Saints D looked as good as they have been since last year's game against the Pats IMO. But like I said before, they've been damn good most of this year. I saw the stat that over the last 3 games (before tonight), they allowed 1 TD per game. Same tonight. In previous games, Saints lost because of offensive turnovers.

The last time I saw them get brutalized like that was at Philly in 08 when Ben got sacked like 8 or 9 times. Now what worries me is they're at the point they were last season at 5-2.

The Saints WON! They beat one of the best teams in the N.F.L. All of the "talking heads" for the most part were against our team once again this week. True the loss last week to the Browns was a shocker to say the least. :horror But our team was able to "bring it" tonight! The Saints were the hungrier team and wanted the win more. Our defense was on fire, and our offense improved. It's been a tough season for the Saints, but I'll never lose my faith in them. It was only one game. Now it's on to the next game at Carolina next week. I have faith that the Saints will beat them too! :)

Hey, you wanna talk about wins and beating SB champs, that's all part of it. Your front office sucks and needs to learn the meaning of continuity. The last QB to damn near take them to the play-offs is struggling down in Arizona now. He couldn't help it that the next season his receivers couldn't catch any passes and the coaches sucked. Cowher had his struggles with the Steelers as well, and Tomlin did last season, but the Rooneys at least know about continuity.

Anderson was too inconsistent. He can throw the ball but too hard too high too much. He doesn't have the same smarts and touch as a true star does...Arizona can have 'em.

In Cowher's 15 years of coach they struggled a lot and where never very good, except his last year when they won the SB. If I remember correctly going back before the SB of 2005 the Steelers were up and down with consistency what so ever, well if you count Kordell Stewart I guess so, but he doesn't really count.

Modell robbed us of our rivalry. Steelers continued to build and mature, and we were left to start over from scratch. I like what wiki says about it

"arguably one of the most heated rivalries in the NFL, has somewhat cooled in Pittsburgh. The Steelers–Ravens rivalry is considered the spiritual successor by a small number a fans in Pittsburgh and is one of the most heated current rivalries in the NFL"

I salute the Saints!

LOL, yea they just let us win...their ____ty performance was an act. Just like they let you lose.

Okay...the Browns won last week. I was there in person. I saw it with my own eyes. It was humiliating, and embarassing. I hadn't been to a Saints game in over 15 years, and I get to finally go and they lose?! :(

So it was GREAT to see them beat the Steelers last night. They're on the right track and are now 5-3. :yess:

The win over the Steelers was exactly what they Saints needed to inject some confidence back into their team. They have the coaches, players, and talent, but have just had a rough season. It's very hard to repeat after winning a Super Bowl. You get the other team's best effort every week, and have to be prepared for it. I don't think they were fully prepared for the Browns and their "trick plays" that our coach Sean Peyton usually calls on other teams. Sure they have the same players for the most part except for a few missing ones like Scott Fujita, and Mike Bell (hmmm...they're Browns now...go figure). But at the same time, they're not the same team they were last season. Injuries have really handicapped them this season. Especially on defense, and in the running game.

So...what's the Browns record again? Oh yeah...it's 2-5. :rotfl

As Stan Lee says..." 'nuff said"!

Last edited:
Like I said, I don't mind the loss to the Saints. I'm not a Saints fan, but I like Brees. The guy is a complete class act and was robbed of League MVP last season, and I was glad to see the guy get SB MVP. Very well deserving. And Payton has a 2 ton set of brass nuts. I respect the hell out of that guy. A team like the Steelers can learn from that loss last night and come back better, but we'll have to see if they can overcome the D-line being decimated and make that happen.
But on the other hand, that loss to the Ravens makes me sick! The only way those bumbs can get a win against Pittsburgh is when Ben isn't playing, and still then they have to do it in the final minute or in OT. With the exceptions of Todd Heap and Derrick Mason, I can't stand anyone on that team!

Back