NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know watching the replay footage of the Vikes/ Hawks game, it's odd but the FG that Walsh made from 40 yards earlier in the game had the laces in as well, so I guess that had nothing to do with the final missed FG. He just choked :dunno

I still think the Vikings blew it. They had the one thing on their side that was effecting the Hawks performance..the weather yet they couldn't finish the game because of no offensive TDs.

The Vikings just needed one TD, just like Wilson's only TD was the difference factor in this tight game.

Last edited:
Can somebody explain how it's logical to give college teams two months off until the Championship game :panic:

pretty sure they played less than two weeks ago. Bowl games started as a way to lure fans to warm weather locations over the holidays. The is something like 125 years of tradition of having games in New Year's Day. So do you play championship before the rest of the games? Do you get rid of that many years of tradition? You also have a roving day. You have NFL playoffs all weekend this time of year so you don't want to compete with that. Could they have moved the semis up to the day after Xmas? But that only works this year. And just think people want more games which means it's likely even later unless your playing important games in the middle of no name bowl games.

It's riduculous, you wonder why you get these boring blow outs for a title game. Defenses lose their edge after two weeks :pfft:
Really, if they are blow outs wouldn't that disprove that fact? Obviously one team D was good if was a blow out. Plus if D is loosening edge why is Bama favored?

Porter had every right to be on the field during the injury timeout. I'm sure he said something to Jones that set him off but it's Jones responsibility to control his emotions. Irregardless, a player cannot put his hands on an opposing team's coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It goes both ways:

[video]https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CYUsZNgWQAE2DUz.mp4[/video]

Thank you Analysts they are blaming Lewis for the Bengals actions..Thak You!

0-7 playoff record for Lewis

This has to be the end for him right?

You take the bad with the good with players like Burfict and Jones and the coach can decide if it's worth it or not. As a Bengals fan I don't see why you would fire Lewis. They could just as easily take a step backwards as they could forward with a new coach. They could end up being as terrible and dysfunctional as the Browns.

Last edited:
Where do you guys think RG3 should go next season

My choices
Philly
Houston

Maybe Saints if Brees leaves

I'd say Rams, but who knows where the Rams will be next season.

I think it would be comically funny if he went to the Rams. Washington gave St. Louis all those draft picks to move up and select him, and then he ends up with the Rams. Essentially, Washington would have traded him for nothing.

I wonder if any team is desperate enough to trade for him, especially since they know Washington has no leverage whatsoever. They have to make a decision on him by March, otherwise they pick up his $16 million option, which they won't do. They've committed to Cousins.

It helps when your brother is the head coach.

Yep. Don't know what is worse, getting a job because your bro is the head coach, or because your father is (Mike Shanahan and Kyle Shanahan).

Woah didn't know Cousins is a free agent..Philly get him!

Washington will franchise tag him before he reaches the open market.

Not huge news, but a tidbit that I find illuminating about the franchise's front office:

The outgoing (i.e. fired) Browns coaching staff were "told the team would not foot the bill for them to network and try to get jobs at the Senior Bowl. And the coaches were told they would not be allowed to purchase their two Super Bowl tickets, a perk of being an NFL player or coach, which they were under the impression they’d be allowed to do. So when those two bits of information were dropped on the coaches, most of whom have one more year left on their contracts, they were not pleased".

Blair Walsh miss dooms Vikings; NFL wild-card playoffs review | The MMQB with Peter King

Pretty sucky of the Browns.

Now the Bengals are asking the League into looking to add an extra referee for playoff games to control the situation like yesterday's fiasco.:lol

There's a simple solution to the Joey Porter situation ..how about ignore it..tell him to go back to the sideline and don't flag anyone, meaning no penalties and let them play on..simple as that. If the refs were smart they would've let Jones without flagging him..Porter is a coach, he's not playing in the game.this is the playoffs, let the Burfict hit stand as a penalty and work with that.

Play on

No team is trading for RG3 because he is being released.

Six teams in the league need a QB.

Jets, Texans, Rams, Eagles, Browns, 49ers. Only options in free agency are Fitzpatrick, Bradford. Throw in Kap, RG3, Manziel and maybe even Peyton or Brock Oz. Peyton won't get paid the $21 million if he doesn't retire and some team might offer Brock a monster deal if Denver lets him get that far.

Jets will settle for Fitz.
49ers will keep Kap one more year with the new coach.
No one would go to the Browns willingly, so I think they keep Manziel for one more year.

That leaves Eagles, Texans, Rams.

I think all those teams will be in the mix for RG3 or Bradford (minus the Rams for Bradford).

It would get interesting if Brees or Manning was released.

Can't believe Marvin Lewis is staying.Watching the press conference :slap

Well Cinci good luck with bitching when you blow it in the playoffs next season and season after that (provided they make it that far)

Ravens will be back next season, Colts too, back to full strength.

He is the Bengals second greatest coach. He makes the playoffs year after year. If Dalton didn't go down, things would be a lot different right now.

Peyton didn't win a playoff game in how many years..... and look where he is at.

Can't believe Marvin Lewis is staying.Watching the press conference :slap

Well Cinci good luck with bitching when you blow it in the playoffs next season and season after that (provided they make it that far)

Ravens will be back next season, Colts too, back to full strength.

Like I said...Mike Brown doesn't give a ****

He is the Bengals second greatest coach. He makes the playoffs year after year. If Dalton didn't go down, things would be a lot different right now.

Peyton didn't win a playoff game in how many years..... and look where he is at.

You're joking right, Dalton was there last season, same outcome, the year before that..same I think

You're joking right, Dalton was there last season, same outcome, the year before that..same I think

You clearly haven't seen the progression or looked at his stats. Completion percentage up, TD to INT up, QBR up. Obviously still unproven in the playoffs, but he's been getting better if you haven't noticed.

No team is trading for RG3 because he is being released.

Six teams in the league need a QB.

Jets, Texans, Rams, Eagles, Browns, 49ers. Only options in free agency are Fitzpatrick, Bradford. Throw in Kap, RG3, Manziel and maybe even Peyton or Brock Oz. Peyton won't get paid the $21 million if he doesn't retire and some team might offer Brock a monster deal if Denver lets him get that far.

Jets will settle for Fitz.
49ers will keep Kap one more year with the new coach.
No one would go to the Browns willingly, so I think they keep Manziel for one more year.

That leaves Eagles, Texans, Rams.

I think all those teams will be in the mix for RG3 or Bradford (minus the Rams for Bradford).

It would get interesting if Brees or Manning was released.

Man, what a sorry bunch of FA. Thank goodness Seattle and Tampa Bay are set at QB for me.

Back