NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the rumor of Adrian Peterson to Dallas still hanging around?

I'm sure it will always be around but it makes zero sense. Why pay twice as much for an older RB? If AD is cut then yeah, I see them going after him, but trading for him would be a HUGE mistake IMO.

Jerruh always wanted Darren McFadden. Dude has never been healthy...but for only $5.85 million for two years, that's fiscally responsible.

Reggie Busch visited the Pats, hopefully he signs.

I wouldn't hate the move. They need insurance in case James White isn't ready to step into the Vereen role. Vereen was able to move slowly in since Woodhead was still around. Bush could help cushion the transition.

I liked the Scott Chandler pick up today. I think it could be the end of the line for the Hooman and maybe Tim Wright moves to WR.

I wouldn't hate the move. They need insurance in case James White isn't ready to step into the Vereen role. Vereen was able to move slowly in since Woodhead was still around. Bush could help cushion the transition.

I liked the Scott Chandler pick up today. I think it could be the end of the line for the Hooman and maybe Tim Wright moves to WR.

Eh. I thought Tim Wright was good enough as the number 2 and Hoo was fine. I really saw no need to go out and get another TE. I see Chandler being effective in the red zone, blocking, and off of play action. Should be a nice little boost but Tim Wright was really starting click with Brady. Caught 6 tds last year hopefully he stays.

Pats have done nothing significant this off season other than signing McCourty. Can you imagine if he walked? Signed Tyms and Gibson and another dude at WR. Got Sheard at DE, guy was a beast in his rookie season but his production has been dropping off the last two years.

Out of all the WR not sure why the Pats did not go after Bowe, Crabtree, Britt instead of the three others they signed. I rather have one of them than the three others.

As for DE or DT they should have resigned Vince or at least look at Knighton, heck even Greg Hardy on a one year deal. Boost the line up.

Then the cornerback situation. Why they did not bring back Browner for that price is beyond me. Ryan, Arrignton and Butler are the starting three now. Harmon is a safety with potential. Would be interesting to see him slide into corner.

Honestly, thank god nobody in the east has a legit quarterback. Marshall and Decker on the Jets, Watkins and Harvin on the Bills could really expose the Pats secondary if they had anyone throwing to them.

I think the Pats will make the playoffs, but it is gonna be hard to win the division with all the moves the other teams have made. We should have lost the two games against the Jets, Bills with Ryan will be the same hard fought battles. Looking at the schedule we have to go to Dallas, Indy, NYG, Denver, Houston. Then at home the only threat really is Philly. I just think the loss of Revis and Browner will be felt massively. We still have for the most part the same offense with a good chance to better it. Mayo is gonna be back. Still have the draft. Just really nervous about this season. It is gonna be the hardest fought battle for the AFC East in like ten years I think.

Your point?

I think he's saying they'll be worse this year than they were last year. I have to agree with him. York's ego screwed the pooch. This team is done. Major loss of talent, loss of significant coaches, and a huge ego buy the owner is going to bury this team. On the bright side, nice stadium though.

I give Borland credit for doing what he's doing. Takes a lot of guts to admit that and do it. Good for him and looking out for his future.

In other news, the packers cornerback depth got worse with Tramon Williams going to Cleveland. 3 years/21 mil

The off season from hell continues for San Francisco...Chris Borland, the MLB who filled in admirably for Patrick Willis and Navarro Bowman as a rookie last year, is retiring for safety concerns.

SF's Borland quits over safety issues - ESPN

Wow. Some would say this is karma...

York has been asking for this. Any owner who lets his ego and need to control everything get in the way of what's best for the team deserves this. If Justin Smith retires on top of all this, they may very well come in dead last in their division.

York has been asking for this. Any owner who lets his ego and need to control everything get in the way of what's best for the team deserves this. If Justin Smith retires on top of all this, they may very well come in dead last in their division.
WTF? You are saying a player making a personal safety choice is the owners fault?

WTF? You are saying a player making a personal safety choice is the owners fault?

Of course not. York's not to blame for that. What he is responsible for is driving his head coach away, losing one of the best defensive coordinators in the game, hiring a head coach who can't even speak sense at an interview, and hiring people who stroke his enormous ego. I also don't think it's a coincidence that some of their best players are retiring or leaving via free agency. This team is a mess and it is York's fault. Unless these changes lead to numerous NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl appearance, this team is regressing. Given York's moves recently, I don't see that kind of success anywhere in the near future.

Leaving in free agency yah I'll buy that. Smith retiring ok maybe I'll buy that. But Willis and Borland have 0 to do with that. You don't retire at that age if you want to keep playing over a coach. Plus is not like this coach is some outsider, he seems to be a well liked coach in the locker room.

Back