NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the NFL wanted Dallas to win. That's why they made them suck the previous 10 years so they could let them win today. :slap

Last edited:
Yeah I don't know what happened on that PI call but 99.9% the if the defender doesn't turn it's pass interference. BTW Dallas is second in the America's team stupidity. Denver is first. Unfortunately, Dallas/Denver may become this year's Superbowl. Ughh

So let me get this straight, the refs picked up a call for a blatantly obvious running into the pass catcher without looking back PI, and then they call 3 straight ticky tack defensive holding calls in a row on that last drive to keep the cowboys alive in winning the game? All about dem Cowboys and America's team for ratings baby, just win for NFL money!
Tricky tacky? To call all of then ticky tacky is just plain ignorant. The one when they tackle the RB coming out was 1000000 times more blatant.

There were plenty of missed calls for both sides. One call doesn't win or lose a game unless it's in Sea and it involves replacement refs.

Tricky tacky? To call all of then ticky tacky is just plain ignorant. The one when they tackle the RB coming out was 1000000 times more blatant.

There were plenty of missed calls for both sides. One call doesn't win or lose a game unless it's in Sea and it involves replacement refs.

You didn't look at the fact that the first half was mostly penalties on the Cowboys and the second half was mostly penalties on the Lions and at least think that the zebras were making up for some controversial calls in the first half? Do you still believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny?

You didn't look at the fact that the first half was mostly penalties on the Cowboys and the second half was mostly penalties on the Lions and at least think that the zebras were making up for some controversial calls in the first half? Do you still believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny?
Huh? Why does EVERYTHING have to be a controversy? There were blown calls thought the entire game and for both teams. If the blown calls were all against the cowboys in the first half those calls wouldn't changed the game? And if and that a BIG if the refs were making up for other calls doesn't that even things out?

Huh? Why does EVERYTHING have to be a controversy? There were blown calls thought the entire game and for both teams. If the blown calls were all against the cowboys in the first half those calls wouldn't changed the game? And if and that a BIG if the refs were making up for other calls doesn't that even things out?

Refs were definitely making up for calls in the first half. There's no conspiracy. Refs make up calls in all sports to cover up for earlier mistakes.
That 4th and 1 pass interference is mind boggling though. You have to admit that. Ref throws the flag then changes his mind?WTF?

Flags have been picked up and calls have been changed before. This is just magnified because it was a playoff game and because, let's face it, it was the Cowboys. Could an explanation have been made? Sure, and if it was Ed Hochuli had been assigned the game I'm sure a long detailed explantion and would have been made. If you watch the play again you'll see Pettigrew push off and make contact with Hitchen's facemask. Regardless, that non call did not decide the outcome of the game. It didn't cause the Lions' punter to shank a 10 yard punt and give Dallas a shorter field. That call did not allow Dallas to complete a 21 yard pass on 4th and 6. It didn't cause Matthew Stafford to fumble twice on the potential game winning drive.

Flags have been picked up and calls have been changed before. This is just magnified because it was a playoff game and because, let's face it, it was the Cowboys. Could an explanation have been made? Sure, and if it was Ed Hochuli had been assigned the game I'm sure a long detailed explantion and would have been made. If you watch the play again you'll see Pettigrew push off and make contact with Hitchen's facemask. Regardless, that non call did not decide the outcome of the game. It didn't cause the Lions' punter to shank a 10 yard punt and give Dallas a shorter field. That call did not allow Dallas to complete a 21 yard pass on 4th and 6. It didn't cause Matthew Stafford to fumble twice on the potential game winning drive.

It could have very well changed the outcome of the game. It would have been an automatic first down and the Lions were still up 20-17.

You couldn't of scripted it better. I am almost convinced of rigging now. (Even Joe buck was like that was kinda odd)

The blackout in the SB plus other countless scenarios.

Ratings=$ =.......................

I don't wanna believe it but man.....

Ref's explanation (from ESPN):

"The back judge threw his flag for defensive pass interference," Morelli said in a pool report. "We got other information from another official from a different angle that thought the contact was minimal and didn't warrant pass interference. He thought it was face guarding."

Face guarding is a penalty in college football, but not at the pro level. Back judge Lee Dyer threw the flag on Hitchens from the far side of the field. Head linesman Jerry Bergman offered the different -- and ultimately deciding -- view.

Morelli said he should have waited before making the initial announcement."

A Demarcus makes a defensive play for Dallas...and it's not Demarcus Ware.

As a Dallas fan, there's more a sense of relief than elation for this playoff win. For all the success they've had this year, losing in the first playoff would have erased all the positive steps they've made this season.

I disagree 100%...nobody expected them to do ANYTHING this year. This was going to be the worst defense in NFL history and Tony Romo was just coming off back surgery in his mid 30's. I think even the most optimistic Cowboys fan had them going 8-8 again. They are actually making smarter decisions in free agency and the draft and Jerry Jones has finally realized that you can't swap coaches every 3 years and expect results. For the first time in 20 years it feels like they are heading in the right direction and they made an enormous leap forward this season by even making the playoffs. A loss yesterday would have been disappointing but to say it would erase what the positive steps they have made? I just don't get that.

And you're within your rights to disagree. But had Dallas lost yesterday, they'd have to deal with question upon question of Romo's playoff record, the coaching staff's decision to ultimately run DeMarco Murray into the ground, mental toughness in losing to a team that had exactly one playoff vicotry in 48 years, etc.

This is a results league, right? To go 12-4 and win the division is a great accomplishment, like you said. Maybe I spoke to quickly in saying that all the positive steps made this season would have been erased, but to be one and done in the playoffs would have been a huge disappointment. Sure, Dallas has a great young offensive line, but there's no guarantee DeMarco Murray will be back next year. Both he and Dez need to get paid.

Is it Saturday yet?:impatient:

I'm already sick about hearing about the amount of fear the Pats should have against the Ravens because of games from '09-'12. It's nice that the 41-7 at their place just last year (without Gronk) is ignored. Gonna be a long week.

Is it Saturday yet?:impatient:

I'm already sick about hearing about the amount of fear the Pats should have against the Ravens because of games from '09-'12. It's nice that the 41-7 at their place just last year (without Gronk) is ignored. Gonna be a long week.

Spoke with my Pats peeps today, confident on a victory this weekend as am I

It continues to boggle the mind how Marvin Lewis is the 2nd longest tenured coach in the league. The Brown family sure loves some mediocrity.
Only the Pats and the Packers have longer streaks of making the playoffs. They are doing something a lot of other teams can't.

Back