Neytiri hair line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Dusty. I sent my question to Sideshow a few days ago, but I really do appreciate you replying :)

I spent some time today on the Ask Sideshow Q&A and there seems to be a lot of "Any plans for X", "When will X be released" and "What scale is X". I did not however see a single instance of a complaint being addressed. Are they there and I just did not dig deep enough? Are they answered privately and not posted?

Last edited:
I am agree with the hairline, eyelashes and tail problems on the the statue.
I have posted a question on that in Q&A AVATAR section but i think i will not have an answer.

Any news ? Any designers ? ...... :(

I am agree with the hairline, eyelashes and tail problems on the the statue.
I have posted a question on that in Q&A AVATAR section but i think i will not have an answer.

Any news ? Any designers ? ...... :(

+1 here

Fix these 3 things and it will be perfect.

They are doing this with the Hulk.

Instead of making the hair part of the sculpt, it appears they are doing is seperate and glueing it on afterward.

Kind of the cheap and easy way out, Bowen would never do that.

This is actually common practice and indeed Bowen does have his sculptors break down the piece including having the hair removable for casting purposes. I suspect the one shown at SDCC was rushed to have it on display thus the hair being alittle off line.

Thanks Dusty. I sent my question to Sideshow a few days ago, but I really do appreciate you replying :)

I spent some time today on the Ask Sideshow Q&A and there seems to be a lot of "Any plans for X", "When will X be released" and "What scale is X". I did not however see a single instance of a complaint being addressed. Are they there and I just did not dig deep enough? Are they answered privately and not posted?

SideShow should follow,NewEgg,BestBuy,CircuitCity etc... on the review/feedback section,all those listed above you can see Good/Neutral and Bad reviews of a product.SideShow is the only one that all reviews are good.They screen so the bad ones don't show ? Never saw a bad review of a SideShow product on their site.Weird.:cuckoo:

If someone ____ on your doorstep would you leave it there? I am sure there are constructive negative posts.

SideShow should follow,NewEgg,BestBuy,CircuitCity etc... on the review/feedback section,all those listed above you can see Good/Neutral and Bad reviews of a product.SideShow is the only one that all reviews are good.They screen so the bad ones don't show ? Never saw a bad review of a SideShow product on their site.Weird.:cuckoo:

Yea well newegg was notorious in the beginning for not allowing super negative feedback.

PLUS that is completely different. Newegg, best buy and circuity city don't MAKE those products (well for the most part) so why would they give a ____ if there is a bad review? You fail.

Yea well newegg was notorious in the beginning for not allowing super negative feedback.

PLUS that is completely different. Newegg, best buy and circuity city don't MAKE those products (well for the most part) so why would they give a ____ if there is a bad review? You fail.

Not really ems/cabela/basspro etc.. They all make their own products and allow neutral/bad reviews on their site. You Fail...:wave

Not really ems/cabela/basspro etc.. They all make their own products and allow neutral/bad reviews on their site. You Fail...:wave

That is why I said for the most part and your point doesn't matter because that makes up for what, less than 5% of what they sell? Again you fail, stop trying.

No one buys their ____ anyway because it usually sucks. Look at dynex. AWFUL.

That is why I said for the most part and your point doesn't matter because that makes up for what, less than 5% of what they sell? Again you fail, stop trying.

No one buys their ____ anyway because it usually sucks. Look at dynex. AWFUL.

Congrats on your 10.000 posts.:peace

10,000 post! Let's boil up some milksteaks and celebrate :)

hair is fine... everything cant be perfect, its only $300, lots of hot toys cost 300+ and their 1/6

This is from the recent Q&A.

"Monday, October 25th, 2010
The Neytiri statue’s hairline seems unfinished and not film accurate. She is also missing eyelashes and the hair on her tail (like it is in the film). Is the pictured statue finished, or will these issues be fixed?"

"Indeed, we have added Neytiri’s hairy poof on the tip of her tail. No other changes are planned, to either the eyelashes or hairline."

Back