Neytiri AVATAR Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually prefer the 1/6 scale from sideshow. It looks like a 1/4 and goes well with the other PFs I have......

All along I thought Premium Format means 1/4 scale? Unless I am wrong, Sideshow should not categorise this statue as Premium Format if it is not 1/4 scale. They should call it a Maquette, Comiquette or simply ........ a Statue.

Is Sideshow reproducing the Legacy statue?
I'm going to get one of them. I just need to decide which one.

I checked out the product page again today, and it now estimates the statue to ship in March (no longer just 1Q11). I can't wait to get it. I guess instead of getting it by my b-day, I'll be getting it around my anniversary.

All along I thought Premium Format means 1/4 scale? Unless I am wrong, Sideshow should not categorise this statue as Premium Format if it is not 1/4 scale. They should call it a Maquette, Comiquette or simply ........ a Statue.

Premium Format indicates Mixed Media not any kind of scale. As long as it has various types of media it qualifies.

If you collect Sideshow long enough, you'll notice they call it what they call it. There's really nothing set in stone. The Predator maquette wasn't labeled a PF and that had mixed media. Sometimes I think they have a big dart board they put ideas on and whatever the dart hits is what they go with.

If you collect Sideshow long enough, you'll notice they call it what they call it. There's really nothing set in stone. The Predator maquette wasn't labeled a PF and that had mixed media. Sometimes I think they have a big dart board they put ideas on and whatever the dart hits is what they go with.

In the Predator maquette's case. It's more SWS/Legacy's call then SS's.

Anyone see the new updated photos get the vibe that the paint looks less than spectacular on the face? Seems really glossed over, maybe it's just me?

The paint looks fine IMO. :dunno

300031_press07-001.jpg

EXACTLY!
The new SS pics look heavily glossy/glossed over, the pics on the link are what made me excited about this piece, looks phenomenal in those shots.
Also the SS pics look like the blue is richer and darker than the weta pics. I prefer the less saturated look, so this has be starting the kill-it-or-keep-it debate which I didn't have before.

Same issue I'm having with Nightcrawler, I think you should be careful with the hue of blue you use on these blue characters, one shade the wrong way can make it an eyesore!

EXACTLY!
The new SS pics look heavily glossy/glossed over, the pics on the link are what made me excited about this piece, looks phenomenal in those shots.
Also the SS pics look like the blue is richer and darker than the weta pics. I prefer the less saturated look, so this has be starting the kill-it-or-keep-it debate which I didn't have before.

:exactly: When I saw the new pics I was asking myself what happened to the face. It don't look like her any more. I like the original pics better. This just may have to be a cancel on my end. I didn't want to do that, but I am not going to be stuck with something I am not going to be happy with. So, a major decision on my part needs to happen soon.

Wow... what happened there??...
After all this waiting, the paint ruins the face sculpt completely...

It looked so good during SDCC... too bad for the fans who have been waiting so long for this one...

picture.php
neytirimc.jpg

Basically, SS's treatment for this realistic looking character is to paint it as a cartoon character. SDCC piece? Oh, that just shows people how cool it can be.

The lighting in the new pics is horrendous, I think it would probably look much better in more natural conditions. The updated Kratos maquette pics looked awful as well and that turned out just fine. Sideshow needs a new photographer.

Back