NEXT Star Wars 1/6th Figure...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like something EU (Malgus breather + shadowtrooper helmet) that Sideshow would have loved to have done in 2009.

v4ar77.png

Yeah, I was hoping RO was going to be a return to more "pure" OT in terms of costumes/weapons/vehicles but it does seem more TFA tweaked.

Looks loosely like one of the early Fett helmets, doesn't it?

Man I wish HT would announce some more ROTJ figures! I'm dying waiting on a Luke another Vader and an Emperor possibly with a throne setup

I'm hoping they're Vader's personal troops. Maybe the next phase of the 501st.

The breathers on the helmets light up green. Should be a cool Hot Toys figure.

Nice that's probably it I felt like I had seen something similar before.

I'm hoping they're Vader's personal troops. Maybe the next phase of the 501st.

The breathers on the helmets light up green. Should be a cool Hot Toys figure.

Would make for a cool effect I'm eager to see how HT might approach doing the Knights of Ren if they happen to have a more prominent role in VIII either through flashbacks or some kind of explanation as to why they were absent in VII

Ok. We need a Royal Guard. And the Moff (is that suppose to be a Tarkin? I guess so.)

I'm talking about Rogue One (trailer).

What's she wearing? And look at all those beautiful stormtroopers!

Sadly the trailer didn't have a Star Wars vibe for me. Happy to see Royal Guards though. Hopefully that gets made.

Stormtroopers and Sandtroopers and Scoutroopers and Rebel troopers and Rebel pilots........

and Mon Mothma and Endor troops and Royal guards and Moff..........

and.......and......and.......

I know, Lots of Imperial and Rebel goodness in that trailer. Not to mention the movie looks like it will be bad@$$...

Sadly the trailer didn't have a Star Wars vibe for me. Happy to see Royal Guards though. Hopefully that gets made.

Yeah - felt a bit leaden, bleak and humorless to me. Classic SW was none of those things - and neither was TFA. It's Star Wars with terrorism vs. totalitarianism. Kinda makes you wish for BB-8 and stormies turning golly-gosh good.

It also in a few places felt like a fan-made film. Not sure why - possibly because there doesn't feel like much character or story interest so far, which is how those fan-made films feel, despite great costumes and sometimes even pretty good CGI effects.

I also thought this was going to be about pilots for some reason - is she Rogue One?

Really hard to tell how this will all play out, which is fine... gives a reason to actually see it in the theater. Donnie Yen kicking some Stormtrooper butt looked interesting, wonder how all the characters we saw in that original still work in there. I also thought it was a team of X wing pilots or the like due to Rogue being a call sign in Empire.

I like the fact that there's less at stake than there was with the continuation of the OT saga and that it's a stand alone film. Looks interesting enough and some awesome visuals, but agree it's definitely a different tone, has more of a war/action/survival feel to it. One thing I'm thinking is just by the fact that it's set at the time of ANH (uses Fleet Troopers, new trooper designs, etc.) I feel like it's going to start to date the look of ANH for me.

Im pretty sure they stated early on that this movie would be a darker/grittier film compared to the rest. I'm ok with that.

Back