Next Popcultureshock item....Akuma Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack's Smirking Revenge
Reaction score
Popcultureshock said:
Well does a minibust count as a statue ? Its also not very 'mini'.

Its actually 10" tall.

Sideshow will probably announce it in 2 weeks.

Capcom hasnt given final approval yet but Im going to tease y'all with a quick pic...

I sculpted it and Im quite proud. For me it is the image of Akuma I have wanted to capture for a long time. A slightly more realistic version.

Hope you all like it !

Akuma_Tease.jpg

More Info from Jerry :D :D

Popcultureshock said:
I dont have a retail price yet ...but it will be slightly less than the SS Legendary Scale busts as this is slightly smaller. its not quite 1/2 scale. Sort of between 1/2 and 1/3rd.

yes the beads will be real wood. I think that makes it a little cooler.

Im also glad some of you noticed the lack of white streaks in the hair. I wanted to do that to separate it from the 18" statue. Plus throw in a little SF II love.

I think the SS EX is obvious...

Release date is probably late October. Things go much faster without cloth costumes.

I am really looking forward to sculpting the rest of the characters in this realistic style. I think it will really make a nice contrast to the style the 18" are done in.

Also, I am taking my inspiration for each characters realistic style from actual famous people. So wondering if any of you can figure out who I based Akuma on...I will give you ONE hint. 'Ear'

Oh and Capcom has already approved the sculpt...Im just waiting on paint approval which I expect will go smoothly.

Going for a little evil Randy Couture? :lol

10mttec.jpg

I REALLY dig this piece. I never really cared for the style and quality of the 18-inch statues, but I can see myself getting into this line no problem.

Also, I am taking my inspiration for each characters realistic style from actual famous people. So wondering if any of you can figure out who I based Akuma on...I will give you ONE hint. 'Ear'

Evander Holyfield???

His nose is a bit too large.

It's not a LSB is it? SF is not that popular. I'll stick with the Pfs.

His nose is a bit too large.

It's not a LSB is it? SF is not that popular. I'll stick with the Pfs.

The line is not by Sideshow but Pop culture Shock so it is not a LSB.

I think it is a great bust :cool:

He doesn't look anywhere near angry enough. Looks like he should be doing this:

url

Looks cool. Depending on the price I might order this one but I really rather have seen a Sagat PF.

Very excited, I will for sure be completing this line along with the PF PCS line. So cool!

I think he took his inspiration or look from Michael Madsen. The "ear" reference being from his famous scene in Reservoir Dogs. I'm definitely buying this sucker though. Gotta catch em' all. What do you guys think?:naughty

Back