Next PF figure....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lookin4Precious

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just curious guys (although I'm sure its common knowledge.. I haven't been around and am in the dark) as to when we can expect the next PF figure to be announced.

Now, I know that SS had said that they expect to produce only 2 PF figures a year to get things started, but Lurtz isn't even going to be shipped until the end of this year. And I am assuming that Frodo will be coming after that.. like early 07. So we should still get some announcements this year right? My thoughts would be SDCC, as that is the next big celebration and where a lot of stuff is unvieled. Is that correct? Does the general conscensous say that SDCC is where we will see the next PF figure announced?

And further, how many more announcements do we suspect this year? Two more? ::bites nails anxiously:: :-D

I'm really hoping that SS show some of upcoming PF whether it be finished or prototyped at the con. They have already released sooo many SW PF this year, who knows how many more next year :maul They been kinda slow with the LOTR PF though but I'm really hoping that they release another one this year. :cool:

Armoured Boromir :monkey3

Haldir of Lorien in Helms Deep Armor

High Elven statue, with interchangeable arms and max order per person of 10 :monkey5

:chew
pordey2 said:
Armoured Boromir :monkey3

Haldir of Lorien in Helms Deep Armor

High Elven statue, with interchangeable arms and max order per person of 10 :monkey5

You sir.. are crazy :chew

I want a giant PF of this.

9263.jpg

Come now, you know you all want a giant eye.
:chew :chew :chew :chew

The line really needs to be established before we venture off the main characters.

I'd like to see GTG, Theode, Eomer, WKTF, ML, something like that before some others.

Lurtz isn't really a "main character" either. He wasn't even in the books. Granted he is very popular with the fans and an Armored Lurtz has been wanted for awhile, so I can understand 110% why SS did him first in the P.F. line...

But, to call Lurtz a main character would be silly...

:monkey3

Agent23 said:
Lurtz isn't really a "main character" either. He wasn't even in the books. Granted he is very popular with the fans and an Armored Lurtz has been wanted for awhile, so I can understand 110% why SS did him first in the P.F. line...

Good point.. but i think he was a great way to kick off the line. Something special. Something the fans wanted. And a great character to depict the detail and ability of the PF line...

But I agree from now on, they will stick to main characters before giving us the likes of a Fountain Gaurd or Moria Orc (if ever they do)...

As for me, I want some wizards! Gandalf the Grey and Saruman are tops on my list.

Curious.. what would people prefer first... a Ringwraith or a Morgal Lord? I'm going to go with Morgal Lord. i think his robes and that mask will be AMAZING in PF 1/4 scale!

Agent23 said:

I never said Lurtz was a main character. He however like L4P said was such an in demand character that you really couldn't start off the line with anything better. With only 2 offering so far one being one of the most demanded figures I can remember and the central character in LOTR with Frodo to go with something of lesser importance with the third would be an odd choice IMO.

I think my 3 pics (Moria Orc, Fountain Guard and Prologue Elven Warrior) would be PERFECT choices for Sideshow. Here's why:

1. No actor specific headsculpts (That should be enough reason right there. No controvery regarding sculpt... ;) )

2. 2 of the 3 have not been done by SS/Weta in any format.

3. Armor found in each. Everyone loves armor.

I'd LOVE a 1/4 scale PF of a Fountain Guard or Citadel Guard, as well as the
prologue Elven Warrior. Add to that the Galadhrim Archer and Easterling.
You make me a Moria Orc Swordsman in 1/4 scale PF and I'd be happier
than words can say.

Lurtz definitely WAS a main character in the film version of FOTR.
He was the one who killed Boromir for goodness sake!

JS :)

Lookin4Precious said:
Good point.. but i think he was a great way to kick off the line. Something special. Something the fans wanted. And a great character to depict the detail and ability of the PF line...

But I agree from now on, they will stick to main characters before giving us the likes of a Fountain Gaurd or Moria Orc (if ever they do)...

As for me, I want some wizards! Gandalf the Grey and Saruman are tops on my list.

Curious.. what would people prefer first... a Ringwraith or a Morgal Lord? I'm going to go with Morgal Lord. i think his robes and that mask will be AMAZING in PF 1/4 scale!
When they get around to doing the Morgul Lord and Ringwraiths, I think they should make the Morgul Lord the exclusive and the Ringwraith the non-exclusive since they are so similar.

Back