1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with @Dave_W, Ahsoka is going to be a big thing for Hot Toys in Q4/Q1 2024.

Another thing going for it is that most of these characters, from the Phoenix Squadron, to Thrawn, are already pre-established characters with fanbases, even if they aren't a fan of Mando. That show is going to be a big merchandise win for Lucasfilm.

Wait and see. I'll be right.

One or two figures from Ahsoka. Max. One or none is more likely.

I fail to see anything more toyetic than the Imperial Commandos or the Mando-style Praetorians. We did not get those. We sure wont get Ezra Bridger.

If what you say ended up true, that means SW as a whole is going down the toilet for 1/6. It might very well be since HT just announced a bunch of new licenses. Those won't take production slots out of marvel, they will take it from SW.

Marvel has ramped way down here lately, or perhaps thats just my perception. They dont seem to be doing much with that, except Spidey. Marvel has been a bit snooze-y for about the past year. Think about it.

I get the idea that HT is switching gears a bit; Neu Anakin might be the first harbinger of that. Why sell $250 figures when you can sell $400+ ones?

Which means that my HT collecting will also be ramping down. There are figures I will pay $400+ for, but I see none of those being a high priority for HT.

I'm not really sure I'm on board with all this, although of course HT does not care. I would think we would get at least Thrawn out of the Ahsoka show, but I would not bet a dollar on it.

It might very well be since HT just announced a bunch of new licenses.
I might be reading WAY too much into it, but I feel as though all of those new licenses they've been announcing is them preparing for a very uncertain future. There's a lot of anime and stuff popular in China in those announcements. Stuff that's more niche here. It's a big departure from the way Hot Toys was becoming a Disney/DC company/

I know people probably don't want to talk about real issues, but war is looming. I don't think anything between the US and China will happen in the next 2-3 years. But 5-6 from now? It's very possible. And if that does come to pass, Hot Toys likely isn't shipping to Sideshow anymore. So, these new licenses feel like a way for them to start building a new fan base at home for them, especially important since Marvel (no doubt their top seller domestically) is quickly losing it's powerhouse status.

With new Star Wars and Marvel stuff taking a back seat while Disney goes back to the drawing board with Iger, it makes sense that Hot Toys probably wants to use this time to build up elsewhere, just in case.

Didn't expect anything today as all "coming soon" slots were already revealed. Crossing fingers for a few more reveals next week at ACGHK even tough it seems they have plenty of new licences to preview.

Hera should have a child, will we see him in Ahsoka?
And imagine a live action flashback to S7 TCW. Internet will break.

Screenshot 2023-07-22 at 09-51-13 (1) Facebook.png

I might be reading WAY too much into it, but I feel as though all of those new licenses they've been announcing is them preparing for a very uncertain future. There's a lot of anime and stuff popular in China in those announcements. Stuff that's more niche here. It's a big departure from the way Hot Toys was becoming a Disney/DC company/

I know people probably don't want to talk about real issues, but war is looming. I don't think anything between the US and China will happen in the next 2-3 years. But 5-6 from now? It's very possible. And if that does come to pass, Hot Toys likely isn't shipping to Sideshow anymore. So, these new licenses feel like a way for them to start building a new fan base at home for them, especially important since Marvel (no doubt their top seller domestically) is quickly losing it's powerhouse status.

With new Star Wars and Marvel stuff taking a back seat while Disney goes back to the drawing board with Iger, it makes sense that Hot Toys probably wants to use this time to build up elsewhere, just in case.
Well, if we have war.

We need to get Sideshow to up their game completely. Or, well.... I don't think dolls will be our top priority at that point. :(

Back