1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They’d be out of business so fast if they did that. What they need to sell to survive as a business does not always align with what the small number of people who would vote in a poll like that say they want to buy. Their customer base is far larger than the vocal few that are on social media or forums like this.

There’s also no way to determine who would actually buy it and who’s just voting for it. And I’ve seen enough Hasbro fan choice polls to know how easily they’re manipulated.

Someone with enough followers can easily push their followers to vote for what they want. Most of them would have no idea what they’re voting for and would never buy it. Dishonorable and dumb people are why we can’t have nice things.

They could do like one fan poll a year, but even that’s a risk. And they’d probably end up having to reissue Iron Man Mk 46 once a year. :lol
Well do it once and compare the sales. Not sure I've seen a more rabid fanbase than this one. I've seen a few Revans get made through Hasbro so that was a win for fans that probably wouldn't have gotten him if it wasn't for the poll. Same with Jaina Solo. I think Hot Toys has a pretty good gauge though.

Yeah, they do have a decent gauge though they do play it a little overly safe sometimes which I don’t blame them for.

I’m not into shoes or anything, but that’s probably the most rabid fanbase out there I think. Those folks are scary. :lol

I don't think Hot Toys needs to do a fan poll to determine if Padme would sell. Padme is one of the most important characters in Star Wars and one of the core three from the Prequels. People would buy her just because the character is important.

Now, if Hot Toys put up a poll for something like Wedge Antilles vs Biggs Darklight, that would make more sense. But not Padme. Those sales would definitely be there.

I don't think Hot Toys needs to do a fan poll to determine if Padme would sell. Padme is one of the most important characters in Star Wars and one of the core three from the Prequels. People would buy her just because the character is important.

Now, if Hot Toys put up a poll for something like Wedge Antilles vs Biggs Darklight, that would make more sense. But not Padme. Those sales would definitely be there.
I don’t think Biggs or Wedge would sell

They defo wouldn't, I don't think half of this generation of SW fans even know who they are! 😅
I can only imagine what the new gen thinks of SW: Clones clones clones, Luke is a b****, Han is a Force Ghost, Skywalker is a moniker for any Jedi :lol...........:monkey2

I can only imagine what the new gen thinks of SW: Clones clones clones, Luke is a b****, Han is a Force Ghost, Skywalker is a moniker for any Jedi :lol...........:monkey2
Knowing a lot of people from the "new gen" I can tell you it's a little bit of good, a little bit of bad.

On the one hand you've got the Clone Wars and Mandalorian giving them peak Star Wars content.

On the other, you have something like The Last Jedi showing them that Luke is a hermit who gave up on the Jedi because of a bad dream and Han is a scumbag nobody who left his wife.

I also know they don't care for the ST; it's more the PT, CW, and Mando they're invested in. A lot of them consider the Disney films non-canon and are waiting for them to retcon it using the worlds between worlds. Don't say I blame them 😂

Hang on please don't mix the generation of PT and CW fans up with ST fans. Being from that generation of PT fanatics I can say I also love the OT, CW, Mando, RO, Solo and despise the ST, and everything it stands for, with every fibre of my being.

Hang on please don't mix the generation of PT and CW fans up with ST fans. Being from that generation of PT fanatics I can say I also love the OT, CW, Mando, RO, Solo and despise the ST, and everything it stands for, with every fibre of my being.
Honestly the best thing about the ST is Galaxy’s Edge and even then, 2/3 of those movies are better than Solo imo

Couldn't have said it better myself 🙌

I don’t think Biggs or Wedge would sell
I was making a point, not advocating for figures.

I would definitely by both Biggs and Wedge though. In fact, I will fight anyone who doesn't want a Wedge figure. Only survivor of two Death Star runs. The true hero of Star Wars.

On the other, you have something like The Last Jedi showing them that Luke is a hermit who gave up on the Jedi because of a bad dream and Han is a scumbag nobody who left his wife.

I also know they don't care for the ST; it's more the PT, CW, and Mando they're invested in. A lot of them consider the Disney films non-canon and are waiting for them to retcon it using the worlds between worlds. Don't say I blame them 😂
That^ will never happen, although ...
They don't have to wait for it to be retconed.
Not that anyone needs an in-story justification to rationalize it, yet pretty much the moment they introduced time-travel, and this happened, when he pulls her out of the time-stream, the time line was officially split....
5g24ck.gif

They created two time-lines. Everything following and built off ^this event, going forward is canonically a completley separate timeline/universe.

So the lame deadbeat Han Solo who abandons Leia, and who's pathetic death, is suicide by brat .
The Leia who is the worst, least inspiring leader in the universe,
And the failed hopeless Luke, who is an abject coward, slave to Jedi dogma, hiding from his friends, and consumed and slave to fear, all complete betrayals of who the characters are.
Can (if you want) already be explained by canon, as being from a completely separate wibbly-wobbly timeline/universe. :lol

Last edited:
They don''t have to wait for it to be retconed.
Not that anyone needs an in-story justification to rationalize it, yet pretty much the moment they introduced time-travel, and this happened, when he pulls her out of the time-stream, the time line was officially split....
5g24ck.gif

They created two time-lines. Everything following and built off ^this event, going forward is canonically a completley separate timeline/universe.

So the lame deadbeat Han Solo who abandons Leai, and who's pathetic death is suicide by brat .
The Leia who is the worst, least inspiring leader in the universe,
And the failed hopeless Luke, who is an abject coward, slave to Jedi dogma, hiding from his friends, and consumed and slave to fear, all complete betrayals of who the characters are.
Can (if you want) already be explained by canon, as being from a completely separate wibbly-wobbly timeline/universe. :lol
Yeah that isn’t happening, they still made a combined 4.3 billion at the box office and spun two very successful theme park lands that cost 1 billion each to build. Doesn’t mean they’re good, just that they won’t be retconned

I understand this is such a terrible character but at the same time very iconic or polarizing in Star Wars
I hate to say this, but I would love a Jar Jar Binks figure, either from Hot Toys or Sideshow
I think its time

Something tells me we are not yet done with Jar Jar. Disney will eventually employ a storyteller who sells them on utilizing the character in some way.

Something tells me we are not yet done with Jar Jar. Disney will eventually employ a storyteller who sells them on utilizing the character in some way.

...and that right there is one thing that tells you that Star Wars, despite a few outlier successes, is still in many ways being helmed by.... persons of questionable insight. Could totally see that happening.

For instance, "The Acolyte" is being created by writers who know nothing about Star Wars or its lore. I am certain it will be amazing.

They [SW admins] are determined to give everyone what they DONT want, because if they do that enough we'll start wanting it, right?....? Perhaps not. It is due ONLY to the strengths of this franchise that it even still exists. I am honestly amazed that "Mandalorian" ever got greenlighted: its isnt filled with enough stupidity for a green light. Somebody was asleep at the wheel that day, or Filoni/Favreau did a Jedi Mind Trick on them.

...and that right there is one thing that tells you that Star Wars, despite a few outlier successes, is still in many ways being helmed by.... persons of questionable insight. Could totally see that happening.

For instance, "The Acolyte" is being created by writers who know nothing about Star Wars or its lore. I am certain it will be amazing.

They [SW admins] are determined to give everyone what they DONT want, because if they do that enough we'll start wanting it, right?....? Perhaps not. It is due ONLY to the strengths of this franchise that it even still exists. I am honestly amazed that "Mandalorian" ever got greenlighted: its isnt filled with enough stupidity for a green light. Somebody was asleep at the wheel that day, or Filoni/Favreau did a Jedi Mind Trick on them.
As someone who absolutely loves The Mandalorian the premise sounds odd on paper. A Mandalorian that never takes his helmet off has to take care of a ‘baby Yoda’ and along the way meets many important Star Wars characters. I’m of the opinion that most Star Wars projects are good and even what I really dislike I can find positives in it.

Exactly. Everyone is different.

Their views on Star Wars are going to be based on their own personal experiences and tastes with what how they got into Star Wars, what they watched, how they experienced it, which sort of characters and moments they gravitated towards, who got them into it, what other Star Wars media they dove into, etc.

Regardless of age, everyone is unique and has their own Star Wars story. No one can speak for everyone in a generation; just for themselves and the people they know.

Then their career would be destroyed.

Back