1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not consistently. Sometimes it's gray and sometimes it's brown. I think they just have multiple flight suits, much like they have a high-shine vs a matte version of the beskar armour.

Didn?t the costume designer or someone say it was both colors? I expect it is similar to how Elven costumes changed color based on lighting in LOTR films due to being overdyed.

Do you think HT will ever make ROTS Emperor Palpatine?

Need him to complete my Sith collection. Kind of regretting I passed on the ROTJ version as I was thinking HT will make the ROTS ver.

I think they'll do a Darth Sidious (meaning in tact McDiarmid face) as opposed to Emperor Palpatine (burned/scarred/ball sack face). They already did the old and wrinkly thing with the ROTJ Palpatine.

I genuinely believe they'll come back to the PT/CW era. I can't imagine they won't make him when they do.

I just don't know when all this stuff happens. Right now they can't seem to produce the existing preorders they have done in a timely fashion. They are still catching up with Mando. Then it will be Boba Fett. Then Mando Season 3. Then the Kenobi show. Then Fett season 2 and Mando season 4. And so on...

Do you think HT will ever make ROTS Emperor Palpatine?

Need him to complete my Sith collection. Kind of regretting I passed on the ROTJ version as I was thinking HT will make the ROTS ver.

Yes, Im sure they will at some point, but they look like the Disney+ stuff will fill the schedules for a while to come.

I just don't know when all this stuff happens. Right now they can't seem to produce the existing preorders they have done in a timely fashion. They are still catching up with Mando. Then it will be Boba Fett. Then Mando Season 3. Then the Kenobi show. Then Fett season 2 and Mando season 4. And so on...

Yeah, I think new movie figures are dead for the time being. We may get a couple for an anniversary like ROTJ 40th, just like we did for ESB.

What would be the most potential candidates for OT/PT releases in this year ?

OT : Bespin Luke, very likely.
PT : Padme/unlikely, Kit Fisto, probably...

all are shown prototypes from 2019 SDCC.

ROTS Palpatine two pack like Mando Fett set would be great.

Chancellor Palpatine, plus the extra crispy Emperor version. Throw in some accessories like the Sith artifacts in his office and the Mace Windu lightsaber with his severed hand. Maybe a small holo emitter with Cody and various clone holograms.

Surprised they have not done a PT Palpatine yet.

Honestly no idea what is on the horizon till Mando Season 3 and Book of Fett.

Probably a PT/TCW/OT trooper. :lol

What would be the most potential candidates for OT/PT releases in this year ?

OT : Bespin Luke, very likely.
PT : Padme/unlikely, Kit Fisto, probably...

all are shown prototypes from 2019 SDCC.

I don't think Kit Fisto sees the light of day.

I feel like Bespin Luke should have been announced by now, but who knows with Hot Toys. That figure should still come out eventually.

Padme is a matter of time. Like Jango, the long delay is mind boggling, but she's gotta be coming sooner or later.

I don't think Kit Fisto sees the light of day.

I feel like Bespin Luke should have been announced by now, but who knows with Hot Toys. That figure should still come out eventually.

Padme is a matter of time. Like Jango, the long delay is mind boggling, but she's gotta be coming sooner or later.

Agreed on Kit Fisto..for now unfortunately. I think we'll get the B1 Battle Droid, Airborne Trooper and 212 Clone one of these days but that Kit Fisto isn't seeing the light of day anytime soon lol.

Bespin Luke probably won't happen until after Mando Luke, so another 3 years away at least. Probably just in time for the ROTJ 40th anniversary:monkey3

I think the most likely PT release is Windu, he is most logical and it would make some sense to preorder him around the time Jango ships. Windu is also the last must have of the Jedi council for HT to make.

I'm hoping for a couple OT figures soon, but I'm expecting more Mando.

The mandalorian figures are a juggernaut. I actually do not expect anything other than a mandalorian Star Wars release at this point. Maybe something dc this week or another marvel retread? also, there is a major backlog of unreleased figures that already went up for preorder. It has to be around 50 figures...
At this point, anything that goes up now might be 2023...

Again, there's like 3 or 4 Mando characters they can still make. It's down to Cobb Vanth, Migs Mayfield, Cara Dune, Greef Karga, Koska Reeves and Kuiil. There's a proto for one, another was fired and banished from Star Wars, I doubt Karga warrants a figure. Fennec they'll save for Book of Boba, if they make her at all.

Koska Reeves and Cobb Vanth are probably easy makes for Hot Toys using pieces from other figures. And Kuill has a prototype. Outside of those three, I think the well is dried up. Maybe they surprise us with Mayfield. Who knows.

I think we'll definitely see some 212th Troopers after the 501st and Coruscant guys drop. They probably don't want to overload Clones and make people cancel orders. Maybe they squeak another PT figure like Windu in with them. It's anyone's guess right now.

The rest of the year should be pretty open for Hot Toys. Whatever Black Widow figures they're going to announce are probably ready to go. I doubt they make much from Loki or What If from Marvel. Bad Batch, maybe they complete the team, maybe they won't. I'm sure they'll make a bunch of Shang Chi figures to capitalize on the Asian market. But overall it should be a bit slower for them to catch up on production and maybe announce a few curveballs we've been waiting for, and not just from Mando.

Yeah, they already have the scuffed up armor made up. They really just need the head sculpt and it'd be ready to go. Would be easy for them to push out at Comic Con or one of the Asian cons they frequent. Create some buzz as people start attending things again.

Con exclusives are usually niche figures though. They seem to be variants of something already out. Bespin escape Leia would be a good one. Cobb Vanth should get a regular release if he shows up in Boba Fett show.

I wonder if Cobb Vanth will show up in the Boba Fett show.

Boba's on Tatooine. Fennec's on Tatooine. Cobb's on Tatooine. Probably a good bet all three will see a lot of screen time. Maybe Vanth gets decent screen time as the Marshall trying to stop Fett from taking over the local crime scene.

Could see figures of all three then, which would really just leave Koska Reeves, Kuill and I guess The Armorer as the last realistic Mando figures to come. And course Mando Luke.

Hopefully then HT can start pumping out other stuff. Or at least get caught up. It was bad enough when we had to wait a full year for these things.

Back