1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do these reissues count as a regular weekly announcement? Or could it be we'll see something later today or tomorrow? I was kinda hoping for a Cobb Vanth figure.

Also, were people actually waiting for a reissue of this? Seems to me it's not something special unlike some Mk. Whatevers.

It wouldn't be so bad if they tweaked things like more accurate paint like the mk7, fixed the faceplate.

Do these reissues count as a regular weekly announcement? Or could it be we'll see something later today or tomorrow? I was kinda hoping for a Cobb Vanth figure.

Also, were people actually waiting for a reissue of this? Seems to me it's not something special unlike some Mk. Whatevers.
Guessing you're a big fan of Cobb...😁

1629487402232.png

I am desperate for them to complete The Bad Batch (Crosshair, Tech, Wrecker, Omega, AZ(?)). I reckon they could end up being one of the nicest looking displays.

The line also has so much potential for figures it's insane. Proto-Death Trooper Crosshair, Elite Squad Clones, Plain white Clones, CAD BANE, Republic Commandos (Scorch!!!!), Howzer, McQuarrie Stormtroopers, Gregor, Tarkin.

Really enjoyed s1 and looking forward to s2.
If it follows suit with TCW and Rebels it'll end up being one of the greats for sure.

It is probably a matter of when not if anymore with TBB, we already have 2, with 1 being previewed and probably going up sometime over the next few months. I could see them saving Wrecker or Tech for the Season 2 opener or something like that, just like how they previewed Echo on the premiere date.

Right now I'm just hoping for some more OT/PT specific characters. Hoping that ROTJ Biker Scout and B1 Battle Droid go up for order soon.

Half an Iron Man…and it’s a reissue. Hot Toys really suck this year.
What the hell are you talking about? It has been great this year and some cool stuff coming soon…

Star Wars Reveals
- Mando Luke
- Boba Fett with Throne
- Swoop Bike
- New Mando and Grogu Deluxe with unmasked sculpt
- Kuill
- Blurrg
- Mando V1 Reissue
- Hunter
- Echo
- Ahsoka Tano
- Boba Fett Deluxe 2 Pack
- Bo-Katan
- Dark Trooper
- The Armorer

That is an incredible lineup with 4 months left of the year. How can you possibly say that sucks

Plus all the Con reveals
- Fennec
- Axe
- Koska
- ROTJ Speeder/Scout
- Battle Droid
- Safehouse diorama
- Cobb Vanth
- Grogu Set
- Crosshair

Then all the Clone Wars figures are releasing this year.

Even DC got some awesome stuff.

- Batman Forever Batman and Robin
- King Shark
- Batman Origins Freeze Suit
- Cyborg

Like do you guys just ***** ***** ***** about everything? We got a damn near complete Mando lineup announced this year alone. Oh wait let me guess wahhhhh no OT figures wahhhh.

Be grateful.

My predictions based on rumors from Sixth Scale Cantina and others: Mace tease in Jango final product photos, Wolffe tease in Rex final product photos.

Last edited:
My predictions based on rumors from Sixth Scale Cantina and others: Mace tease in Jango final product photos, Wolffe tease in Rex final product photos.
They never tease unannounced figures in final product photos. It’s usually just what’s in the photographers collection. I know the 212th was in Cody’s final product photos but they may have just been sideshow

They do not tease upcoming figures in final product photos. Those photos are taken by bloggers, not Hot Toys, so if you see a Mace or a Wolffe in them then they’ll be using the Sideshow versions from years ago or something.

Oh wait let me guess wahhhhh no OT figures wahhhh.

Be grateful.

Hot new Disney product eclipsed the run of OT figures, which was to be expected.

Nanjin, the hero of 1/6 Star Trek, often references Trek vs. Trek: the property is so large and with so many series that it literally competes with itself.

This is where we are now with Star Wars. Until the Sequel Trilogy the options were limited, and the chances of high end OT much higher.

But at least a large proportion of that product is The Mandalorian and Rogue One which is as close to the OT as you can get stylistically, and in terms of characters too as evidenced by the appearance of Luke.

The Bad Batch, the resurgence of The Clone Wars with the belated seventh season, the upcoming Andor, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Ahsoka and The Book of Boba Fett series will also impact on the likelihood of OT releases. (The Acolyte might not be worth mentioning).

The only hope for the OT is if Star Wars implodes from over-saturation of content, and the attraction for new things fades away.

The best that can be gleaned from the situation is that there'll be a lot of OT 'inspired' figures to feed the nostalgia.

Hot new Disney product eclipsed the run of OT figures, which was to be expected.

Nanjin, the hero of 1/6 Star Trek, often references Trek vs. Trek: the property is so large and with so many series that it literally competes with itself.

This is where we are now with Star Wars. Until the Sequel Trilogy the options were limited, and the chances of high end OT much higher.

But at least a large proportion of that product is The Mandalorian and Rogue One which is as close to the OT as you can get stylistically, and in terms of characters too as evidenced by the appearance of Luke.

The Bad Batch, the resurgence of The Clone Wars with the belated seventh season, the upcoming Andor, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Ahsoka and The Book of Boba Fett series will also impact on the likelihood of OT releases. (The Acolyte might not be worth mentioning).

The only hope for the OT is if Star Wars implodes from over-saturation of content, and the attraction for new things fades away.

The best that can be gleaned from the situation is that there'll be a lot of OT 'inspired' figures to feed the nostalgia.
I don't really think it's a case of 'hoping' that over-saturation leads to people falling back on the OT.

The fact of the matter is that the PT, TCW, Mando, TBB are all simply much more popular than the OT right now. I expect this to be the case for the forseeable future and you can't blame companies for capitalising on that merch-wise. Diversity in this hobby is always a good thing but there's no denying there's plenty of characters from the other eras that need to be made and since we've already got most of the main OT characters, I think it's fair to see the others get their time in the spotlight !

Back