News from www.moviefigures.co.uk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is everything on your new website so enormous and why have you hidden the menu away?

It looks like you've designed it for mobile and forgot that people still use a computer.

The old site was much better in terms of usability (on a PC).

Just want to say thanks again Liam for an awesome deal on my latest statue. Again the service is first class, price was excellent and the packaging was superb.

Really excellent service throughout :)

When I click on a product it takes me to a random page.

Click on Alien product get Bruce Lee... Click on Bruce Lee product get E.T... Click on E.T product get Batman...

Thanks for the message. Sorry you're having trouble. Works fine here. I work on a 27" iMac and here all looks good. I've also checked PC, iPad, iPhone.

What resolution are you running? What OS? What browser? Can you take some screen grabs and mail them to us at [email protected] please? We ran a recent survey and most people found the new design a big improvement.

It should look like the attached on a desktop. The layout should be dynamic and expand or contract depending on your window size and resolution.

Screen Shot 2015-10-21 at 14.25.37.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-10-21 at 14.24.46.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-10-21 at 14.23.48.jpg

Cheers

Liam

When I click on a product it takes me to a random page.

Click on Alien product get Bruce Lee... Click on Bruce Lee product get E.T... Click on E.T product get Batman...

thanks for the info. All seems to be working here. Can you please send me links showing the first page and then the link to the page you're then going to? Is this a search, or accessing a specific page? Direct visit to the site or clicking on a link on another site like here or elsewhere?

Thanks

Thanks for the message. Sorry you're having trouble. Works fine here. I work on a 27" iMac and here all looks good. I've also checked PC, iPad, iPhone.

What resolution are you running? What OS? What browser? Can you take some screen grabs and mail them to us at [email protected] please? We ran a recent survey and most people found the new design a big improvement.

It should look like the attached on a desktop. The layout should be dynamic and expand or contract depending on your window size and resolution.

View attachment 218315

View attachment 218316

View attachment 218317

Cheers

Liam

That's only what it looks like on your iMac if you make the windows narrow, your iMac isn't square.

If you look at your homepage in a full width window you just get that giant picture and nothing else. On your blog page you get the word NEWS taking up half the page and then giant images that are a third to half the width of the page.

Just another point, some of the images for statues have the arrows for next and back (on the main image) and they move position every time you click them so you have to keep moving the mouse up and down to move on. That's annoying!

If everyone likes it no probs, everything just looks huge to me, like a normal website viewed at 150%.

And just to ask again, why have you hidden the menu? I can't think of a single reason why you would do that.

Here's an example of what I mean...

Your old site, albeit without the images, nicely laid out and 12 items visible in one screen.

View attachment 218320

And your new site, huge pictures in a jumbled unorganised manner with only 4 visible instead of 12

View attachment 218321

Just not very user friendly for me (especially without the menu), but it's just my opinion. I'd rather look through an organised list than a jumble of randomly sized images when looking for a product.

Thanks for the info. Your attachments aren't showing. Can you PM them to me please?

Full width, granted the home page banner takes up the whole page, rather than stopping at a certain resolution. But I think the issue is likely that if the width is stopped at a certain point, then so too will the product tile layout. And full width I think the product layout looks nice. It also copes much better with differing sized images like landscape, portrait or square. I'll ask the designer though.

For example:

tiles.jpg

To me, that looks great. I like the layout because it's more interesting than uniform rows of products. Big images also work well so you can look for a statue you're interested in. It's for browsing. If you know what you're looking for then just use the search button at the top right. For example:

Screen Shot 2015-10-21 at 16.25.26.jpg

Full width the news is looking odd though. We'll see if we can improve that.

The arrow jump will be caused by differing image dimensions. Fair point. We'll see if there's a solution for that.

The nav hides because there is a lot of text in there and it's distracting when viewing the range of products. It's also handy to hide on smaller devices like mobile or iPad.

Thanks very much for taking the time to share your thoughts. Much appreciated. Hopefully we can improve some of the issues for you and others.

That's only what it looks like on your iMac if you make the windows narrow, your iMac isn't square.

If you look at your homepage in a full width window you just get that giant picture and nothing else. On your blog page you get the word NEWS taking up half the page and then giant images that are a third to half the width of the page.

Just another point, some of the images for statues have the arrows for next and back (on the main image) and they move position every time you click them so you have to keep moving the mouse up and down to move on. That's annoying!

If everyone likes it no probs, everything just looks huge to me, like a normal website viewed at 150%.

And just to ask again, why have you hidden the menu? I can't think of a single reason why you would do that.

Here's an example of what I mean...

Your old site, albeit without the images, nicely laid out and 12 items visible in one screen.

View attachment 218320

And your new site, huge pictures in a jumbled unorganised manner with only 4 visible instead of 12

View attachment 218321

Just not very user friendly for me (especially without the menu), but it's just my opinion. I'd rather look through an organised list than a jumble of randomly sized images when looking for a product.

Yeah fair enough, just a difference of opinion and it's hard to compare when you have a massive screen that shows 7 figures across whereas my 22" screen only shows 5 (and then on some other pages only 3 where the images are bigger and less uniform than in your image). But you'd obviously like it even if you viewed it as I was, which is fair enough.

I don't agree about the menu being distracting though, I wouldn't hide the menu (when viewed on a desktop) personally.

Back