Newbie questions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ternes

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Bismarck, ND unfortunately. Seriously, it's boring
Hey all, I'm new to the boards and I have some questions. I tried to find the answers on my own, but there's so many threads to cover! I'll be as simple as possible:

1. Would you have any recommendations as to where I can get a hold of some cheap(er) than usual display cases? I just need something temporary until I can upgrade.

2. Cleaning and maintenance! :gah: I'm kind poor and can't afford cases, so my collectibles get kind of dusty. My Batpod especially. What methods would you use for cleaning layers of dust off of a Batpod and the Batman figures?

3. I'm going to google this one anyways, but I buy almost exclusively through BBTS. They're not sure if they'll be getting the newest Batman/Bruce Wayne figure though, so where could I go to pre-order that, just in case?

Sorry if all this is in an FAQ somewhere, I honestly couldn't find it. I appreciate any helpful tips anybody has to no end. Thanks for your time! I'm not worthy!

Hey all, I'm new to the boards and I have some questions. I tried to find the answers on my own, but there's so many threads to cover! I'll be as simple as possible:

1. Would you have any recommendations as to where I can get a hold of some cheap(er) than usual display cases? I just need something temporary until I can upgrade.

Ikea has detolfs. $60 a pop and will be back in stock (if the rumors are true) in November.

2. Cleaning and maintenance! :gah: I'm kind poor and can't afford cases, so my collectibles get kind of dusty. My Batpod especially. What methods would you use for cleaning layers of dust off of a Batpod and the Batman figures?

Swiffer and a can of 3M compressed air (hold it more than 6" away though).

3. I'm going to google this one anyways, but I buy almost exclusively through BBTS. They're not sure if they'll be getting the newest Batman/Bruce Wayne figure though, so where could I go to pre-order that, just in case?

https://www.sideshowtoy.com (he's on the main page under 'Brand Spankin' New.' Just look for Bale's sour little puss in the batman cowl. Jump on the waitlist now and you have a good chance of converting. Otherwise, it's ebay.

Ikea has detolfs. $60 a pop and will be back in stock (if the rumors are true) in November.

Swiffer and a can of 3M compressed air (hold it more than 6" away though).

My Ikea actually had some the past few days. So I'd say they are coming back sooner.

May I ask why should you hold it more then 6" away? Is it because the force of the air may break something or a residue type of issue?

Swiffer is great for statues but for some 1/6 I found it to be too big. I use a very soft artist brush that you can find at any craft shop for 3 bucks or less.

My Ikea actually had some the past few days. So I'd say they are coming back sooner.

May I ask why should you hold it more then 6" away? Is it because the force of the air may break something or a residue type of issue?

There's the potential to freeze whatever you're blowing off and also, since it's not exactly "air," stain the collectible if you get too close.

Back