NEW YORK COMIC CON

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone is going and can get me the Gentle Giant exclusive Indiana Jones Crate Paperweight, let me know via PM! Thanks!!

so what's going to be the headliners for nycc?

for me...announcement of a NEW Masters of the Universe toy line and maybe seeing series 2 protos of Neca's Teenage mutant ninja turtles line

So is anyone actually going to this? Only thing from the show I am interested in is Mattel's Tech Suit Mr. Freeze figure. I'm not sure how they plan on doing their exclusives, but at SDCC last year I was able to walk right up (no line) and buy what I wanted.

If anyone is going and wants to help me out, let me know.

I'm going to NYCC on Sunday as I have to work on both Friday & Saturday. If the Freaks that go would wear some of the freebees Sideshow has given out, it would be alot easier to find each other. I'll be wearing my SSC cap & Darkside Tee.

If I can get any Freaks an exclusive PM me and I'll see what I can do. Again I'm only going on Sunday so I hope to be able to pick some exclusives up.

I'll be in the city so im going friday and saturday

HELP!!!

I just heard that there is an exclusive boxed set of the NECA Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with all the accessories and stands and EVERYTHING, all in one box! Is that true? Can somebody PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE grab one for me? If anybody knows anything else please let me know, I must get one if that's the case! Thank you!

I need only like 4 things, can anyone help out? I'll try and return the favor at SDCC.

No, I'm sure it is a lot of fun. I wasn't sayint it wasn't at all. Just kind of maybe the reason SS doesn't go is the disatance and its not quite big enough "yet".

Actually, this NYCC is pretty much the last big push for all the major summer movies like IM, DK, ect, ect. By the time SDCC rolls around all the those movies have already been released. SS only goes to SDCC because it's a 3-4 hour drive away, which can be seen as a form of laziness. Look at GG, they go global when it comes to conventions. So your "not big enough yet" theory may be flawed.

Last edited:
A bit off topic.
Anyone being to toronto comic con?
do they have a sideshow both ?

SDCC is the only convention that SSC goes to regularly. They have traveled to SW Celebration and have had presences at LotR events in SoCal. But the only one that you can count on for a public access convention is SDCC.

However UGO will be giving away SSC gift cards at NYCC.

Last edited:
I'm so torn about this...I work less than 2 blocks from the Javits Center, but I just don't know if it's worth the $$$ for Friday night.

I'm so torn about this...I work less than 2 blocks from the Javits Center, but I just don't know if it's worth the $$$ for Friday night.

Pick up some exclusives and filp them or charge a little fee to help members here. That should take care of the admisson price.

Pick up some exclusives and filp them or charge a little fee to help members here. That should take care of the admisson price.

That's what I was thinking. Not so much the flipping, but possibly hooking up some brothers. I've never been to con like this before and I just don't want it to be a huge hassle...

It's basically a walk, I'd definately go if I only lived 2 blocks. There will be freebies given out from movie and comic promotions, and lots more. Maybe you'll get a FREE $50-100 SSC giftcard too :)

That's what I was thinking. Not so much the flipping, but possibly hooking up some brothers. I've never been to con like this before and I just don't want it to be a huge hassle...

DO NOT GO SATURDAY. I don't know about the NYCC, but SDCC, saturday is a hellish day which is to be avoided at all costs. Friday probably wouldn't be too bad. But if you haven't gone before, it's worth a looksie.

Anyone have any tips for websites that might have good coverage of the Con this weekend?

Back