New York Comic-Con 2013 (NYCC)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ll be there ! got my 4 day passes early but will most likely attend thursday through saturday . HT ,Enterbay and Sideshow should have an official presence there . after all the east coast is a major market for these companies.

I'll be there Sunday! Hoping to get some comics signed by Straczynski, Claremont and Hickman. Then stroll the floor for the remainder of the day.

Nice ! Good to see more people getting into this con. Still not getting the buzz that SDCC would ... but still.

Nice ! Good to see more people getting into this con. Still not getting the buzz that SDCC would ... but still.

I actually like that it's still considered a "small" con. The main floor last year was too crowded as is. Any more major companies and you won't be able to move. The building is just not big enough for an SDCC sized con.

Man I wanna finally hit this one up this year but I'm off from work on Thursday and Fridays and nothing really awesome is happening those days. Correct me if I'm wrong guys. We should just have a SSF NYC meet one day. :D

Man I wanna finally hit this one up this year but I'm off from work on Thursday and Fridays and nothing really awesome is happening those days. Correct me if I'm wrong guys. We should just have a SSF NYC meet one day. :D

I actually prefer going on Fridays. There is less of a crowd and still usually some cool stuff going on.

C'mon down bro, I'll be there Thursday-Saturday!

I actually prefer going on Fridays. There is less of a crowd and still usually some cool stuff going on.

I was there last year on a Friday and I thought it was busy. Was Saturday more packed?

The convention is subdivided into many levels. There is a side for art exhibitors, professional exhibitors (Marvel, DC, Capcom, etc.), vendors, artist signing areas and time schedule, and the basement has a few stages set up for specific shows and games.

Eat before hand or bring your own food because the food sold in the convention center is like high school cafeteria food. :gah:

Make sure you plan to meet up at a specific spot before going to Jacob Javits, the wireless signal there is horrible. It is like a black hole where no signal reception is allowed in or out.

I would prefer a smaller crowd than overcrowded. Maybe I'll check it out.

C'mon down bro, I'll be there Thursday-Saturday!

It has been awhile bro. :D

Does Sideshow or ARH or PCS attend? I only care about the statues.

I was there last year on a Friday and I thought it was busy. Was Saturday more packed?

The convention is subdivided into many levels. There is a side for art exhibitors, professional exhibitors (Marvel, DC, Capcom, etc.), vendors, artist signing areas and time schedule, and the basement has a few stages set up for specific shows and games.

Eat before hand or bring your own food because the food sold in the convention center is like high school cafeteria food. :gah:

Make sure you plan to meet up at a specific spot before going to Jacob Javits, the wireless signal there is horrible. It is like a black hole where no signal reception is allowed in or out.

You're right, Friday was busy but I heard from a friend that went both days that Saturday was worse.

They do a nice job of separating the areas. The main floor, which you have to walk through when you enter was a giant cluster****. All the big company names thrown at you right away and it was just a giant traffic jam. I stayed to the independent stuff to the left and the dealers all along the back. Artists Alley was in it's own separate section as well. It's not my thing so I just avoided it all together.

5ug8.png

6di4.png

9p00.png

621r.png

hzc5.png

ne7m.png

ni1s.png

z3qg.png

Great stickers, Sexy!!!

I just got my Friday pass in the mail today and it's The Walking Dead... Again. Yuck....:rolleyes:

Hello guys, I'll be attending on thursday and friday. I'll also do a Indy Cosplay and this is how I will look (more or less) if anyone wants to meet :)

Back