New X-23

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
X-23 arrived yesterday, and I was able to get her into the studio today... I wasn't sure if anything could match the masterful execution of Rogue, but X-23 astonishingly does it - My copy is well nigh flawless, and she even has the dust on her boots, though not as pronounced as on the prototype... And I'm really happy her abs are just as gorgeous on the production pieces as on the prototype - between her and Rogue, I'm pretty much gobsmacked at how much Sideshow has upped their game, and I'm absolutely in love with this piece... And side note - her talons are metal and fittingly sharp as ***** - be careful out there :p

X 23 1 sm.jpg

X 23 2 sm.jpg

X 23 3 sm.jpg

X 23 4 sm.jpg

X 23 5 sm.jpg

X 23 6 sm.jpg

X 23 7 sm.jpg

X 23 8 sm.jpg

X 23 9 sm.jpg

X 23 10 sm.jpg

Wow! That's some masterful lighting there. You're pics are always a treat, but I sincerely think these may be the best of yours I've ever seen.
Every single one of these makes this piece looks substantially better than the official production photos did to me.
Even down to the specific angles you chose.

Bravo! :clap

Boss pics dd.. I'M really diggin' the masked sculpt on this.

I'M going to have to stop checking out your photo's.. they make me want Statues I don't even like to collect :lol

congrats on another nice addition to your collection.

Wow thank you guys so much! I think because her sculpt is so 'open' it makes it much easier to light her... I was really happy with the way the pics turned out, and I'm just happy I can do some justice to how beautiful she is :)

Wow thank you guys so much! I think because her sculpt is so 'open' it makes it much easier to light her... I was really happy with the way the pics turned out, and I'm just happy I can do some justice to how beautiful she is :)

The one negative I did have with your pics was that I knew there would be no way mine would ever show up looking that good.

And I was right. I have some paint scraping noticeable on her flesh right in line with the face. I'm not sure, but this might be the first time I've had to contact SS about a damage issue.

Other than that-
desertdragon said:
I wasn't sure if anything could match the masterful execution of Rogue, but X-23 astonishingly does it

Yeah.
And I'm completely surprised too, as I wasn't getting that vibe from the recent production photos or the unboxing vid.
In both those I felt like I was seeing a miss in the subtleties of the paint and casting in the unmasked portrait.
In hand, however, it looks remarkably spot on to what I was seeing in the con pics last year. They rarely get any closer to the prototypes than what they were able to get here.

I also see what you mean about it being "open". From a few feet away, that sense to it is...refreshing to me. It's an "airy" piece, if that makes any sense.

There were three qualities to this in the con pics last year, that immediately resonated with me
1) Her very animated expression.
You see this attempted so rarely, especially on attractive female characters because there is such a fine line between pulling it off and simply making her look unattractive and harsh. They pulled it off on the proto and, fortunately, that aspect fully survived the castings and paint on the production pieces.

2) The figure pose is also nicely animated.
Very kinetic and it affords a wonderfully wide range of viewing angles. Honestly, this design yields a good 240+º of prime visual interest (left to right). A little more restrictive vertically. Even then, as long as you keep the head above eye level you're going to be doing it justice.

3) The basic composition of it is that of a tall, relatively narrow, cylinder.
Of the two main display surfaces/areas I have for the larger scales, one is fairly restricted in width and depth, but not height. That's where I usually display 1:6 stuff, though they usually need a riser to own the space properly. The dimensions on Laura here just fit, and the height with the hair, as well as the vertical thrust of the entire piece, is going to yield some major ownage set up there. It may be a huge drag going back to 1:6 pieces there afterwards.

It really is a knockout piece.
Well done SS!

Great pics, desertdragon! I'm not even an X-Men collector and you almost made me want to buy this :)

Thanks so much Iko Iko - I think that's the best compliment I could get :) And my pics aside, you couldn't go wrong picking her up - I'm just saying :)

Off topic. There is no post on the cable with this guy at the comic con.

Haven't had the time to open this one up yet. I'm really excited to unbox and see it in hand.

Beautiful pics DD. Haven't been on this forum in years, have this statue coming...your pics made it worth the visit. kudos.

Beautiful pics DD. Haven't been on this forum in years, have this statue coming...your pics made it worth the visit. kudos.

Thank you so much Deadly Dagger! It's always a privilege to share my pics here, and I'm just happy if they can help convey how beautiful these pieces are... You're gonna love her :)

Got mine today. I was wondering if it has been opened before?

The outer plastic bag around the art box wasn't there . Did Sideshow scrap this bag or what?

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

This is my first statue in years and I was real excited to get it.

What do you guys think? Am I being picky? Some of the parts look like they may have come from a return and I'm not sure since this is first PF.

IMG_20190724_160841.jpg
IMG_20190724_160911.jpg
IMG_20190724_161234.jpg
IMG_20190724_161248.jpg
IMG_20190724_162340.jpg
IMG_20190724_162412.jpg

This is my first statue in years and I was real excited to get it.

What do you guys think? Am I being picky? Some of the parts look like they may have come from a return and I'm not sure since this is first PF.

Hard to say. I thought that as well since it was missing the plastic bag inside the shipper. But Sideshow wouldn't do that, would they?

I guess we just got a sloppy artist.

I've contacted Sideshow because of a crack at the collar. You should do the same if you aren't happy.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

I opened mine but had to put it right back in the box. This is the best picture I could find of the claws in the hand if you need a reference point.
d3412e9f1f5975a6522e94098d6d3113.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back