New Wonder Woman TV Series...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little too cute. She doesn't really have 'warrior goddess' written across her face.

0000035077_20061021054111.jpg

Another pretty face but she's no Amazon. It's going to be very hard to find someone with a build and beauty.

I like Baccarin, but she's shorter than Sarah Lancaster and probably weighs 30lbs less.

I don't know if Lancaster is fit enough, but she would be perfect and as said she's a dead ringer for Linda Carter to boot.

If this is being given the Ally McBeal treatment I guarantee you that it'll make Smallville look like Shakespeare in the Park. I have a feeling since DC is seriously pushing their "new" Wonder Woman she'll look like this:

wonder_woman_new_costume_02.jpg

more than anything else.

I don't think so, everyone knows that the new Wonder Woman is not even cannon but is a story that takes place ouside the normal DC Universe - an Elsewhere story if you prefer. The reason that the casual reader may not know this is that the story is taking place in the normal WW run so that can be confusing.

It would be crazy to base a show on a design from a story arch that is not even the real WW. The original suit is too iconic not to use though I could see variations as the show goes on, or even early on and we end up with the iconic suit.

If this is being given the Ally McBeal treatment I guarantee you that it'll make Smallville look like Shakespeare in the Park. I have a feeling since DC is seriously pushing their "new" Wonder Woman she'll look like this:

wonder_woman_new_costume_02.jpg

more than anything else.

Not enough skin for me to watch if that's the case.

Looks like NBC is now going ahead with a pilot episode.

https://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/21/wonder-woman-project-finds-a-home-at-nbc/

The ol’ girl may fly this fall after all: NBC has picked up the Wonder Woman pilot from David E. Kelley. Ironically, NBC was the final network to pass on bringing back the superhero over a week ago, but that was before the new regime was officially in place in light of the impending Comcast takeover. Robert Greenblatt is now spearheading primetime as chairman. (On Thursday, head of programming Angela Bromstad announced she was leaving).

The pilot’s cost may not be a concern to Greenblatt, the wunderkind who revitalized Showtime with critical faves like Dexter and Weeds. One factor that seemed to have sunk the Wonder Woman project the first time around was the price of rebooting the series, with the studio requiring a rich license fee to bring the iconic character back to life. But then, NBC has been down this road before: It rebooted Bionic Woman. Kelley’s take incorporated the superhero’s signature lasso, cuffs, and plane in the script, and insiders said it was a serious, non-campy take on the DC Comics character. For years, various writers and producers (including Joss Whedon) have tried to bring back Wonder Woman, but the character has proved difficult to resurrect.

Kelley is already executive producing Harry’s Law for NBC, the new drama starring Kathy Bates. The pilot, like all the others ordered by NBC during the current development season, will have to pass the final smell test this spring before its ordered to series in May.

In other business Friday, NBC also ordered a drama pilot from Michael Patrick King (Sex and the City), dubbed Mann’s World. It chronicles a celebrity hair stylist in Los Angeles.

This was in the article on AICN for this story.

GE’s NBC didn’t like David E. Kelley’s “Wonder Woman” project earlier this month, but Comcast’s NBC just ordered it to pilot.

Based on the iconic DC Comics superheroine, Kelley’s potential series has Diana Prince as a costumed crime fighter by night and a successful Los Angeles corporate executive by day. Elements carried over from the comics include Diana's lasso of truth, her bullet-deflecting bracelets and her plane.

Kelley is famous for injecting loads of comedy into all his hourlongs, from “L.A. Law” to “Harry’s Law” – but Entertainment Weekly quotes sources as saying the creator of “Ally McBeal” and “Boston Legal” has crafted a “serious, non-campy” take on the superstrong Amazon princess.

I don't like the corporate exec. by day and crime fighter at night description though.

Pages 61-66: Diana and Myndi have a “sleepover,” complete with ice cream (“It’s been a three-scoop day”) as they watch Katy Perry’s sexually suggestive Wonder Woman homage music video and “scream like schoolgirls.” Later, Diana glimpses her original costume in the closet (the Lynda Carter one!) and sadly stares at a picture of herself and Steve in happier times, before crying herself to sleep.

:slap :banghead

Back