Premium Format New Wolverine Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats Flip! I’ve had mine for a couple of weeks but I haven’t had time to unbox and check him. Just too busy lately. I’m hoping he blows me away as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Came across an unboxing video while watching a comic video and the guy puts it together and the next minute he is trying to talk but staring at the foot then just sort of just stops...stares for a bit...lol...then grabs the statue and starts jostling it around and the foot fell into place...i did the same and the foot did the same....too funny

That's GemMint's video I believe.

OK, just got this bad boy in today (EX 1622/2500). Wow! The details on this PF are stunning. Paint apps on mine are solid. The oil on his boots, the hair on his arms, the wear and tear on his costume, and the portraits are nothing short of amazing. The sculpt is absolutely ridiculous. The pose and musculature on the PF are spot on and the wrecked Sentinel hand looks so awesome. This truly goes down as one of the best (if not the best) Wolverine statue ever made. You can't possibly go wrong with this PF if you are a Wolvie fan. I had the same minor issues others did with this PF. The unmasked head is a little loose and had to play with the foot peg to get it to sit right. Other than those very minor quibbles, sideshow crushed this PF.

I knew you would dig it once in hand. But the great news is it only gets better. I’ve had this for a few weeks, and every time I eye it over, it amazes even more. Truly the statue that keeps on giving, and I agree that it’s the best Wolverine ever released to date. Enjoy.

Congrats Flip! I’ve had mine for a couple of weeks but I haven’t had time to unbox and check him. Just too busy lately. I’m hoping he blows me away as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to wait until I got back from my European vacation to get him, so I'm a little behind everyone else in receiving the PF. He's well worth the wait. You gotta open yours up just in case you need anything replaced. I hope you enjoy the PF as much as I do whenever you open it.

I knew you would dig it once in hand. But the great news is it only gets better. I’ve had this for a few weeks, and every time I eye it over, it amazes even more. Truly the statue that keeps on giving, and I agree that it’s the best Wolverine ever released to date. Enjoy.

It's definitely a phenomenal statue. I hope we get a Cyclops and Colossus in this line. I'd love to see sideshow do a version of them in their Astonishing Cassady costumes. I'd probably bite on both of those if they turn out good.

Anyone miss the packing material under one of the fingers on the base? I had mine on display for a few days before I noticed it tonight!

Before this one, the top Wolverine for me was from XM where he was on top of the Sentinel head. The price of it scared me away. Good thing I had patience and self-control as I am very happy with this one from SS. I'll say that the unmasked portrait was what got me to make this purchase.

Before this one, the top Wolverine for me was from XM where he was on top of the Sentinel head. The price of it scared me away. Good thing I had patience and self-control as I am very happy with this one from SS. I'll say that the unmasked portrait was what got me to make this purchase.

That worked out well for you. You're patience paid off.I think you got a better statue at a cheaper price. That said, I've been collecting for quite some time and I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that I spent over $600 on a 1/4 scale statue of a character that is basically a little larger than a midget. Prices are really starting to get out of hand across the board IMO.

On the other forum a member was posting pictures of the peg breaking off from Wolverine's foot trying to take him off the base... So I would be very cautious when you remove him from the base.

That worked out well for you. You're patience paid off.I think you got a better statue at a cheaper price. That said, I've been collecting for quite some time and I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that I spent over $600 on a 1/4 scale statue of a character that is basically a little larger than a midget. Prices are really starting to get out of hand across the board IMO.

This is really my only serious complaint with this piece, which is otherwise a phenomenal representation of the character.

Nits I could pick would be that the skin tones on mine seem a little too dark. I wasn't expecting baby pink, but what is here goes beyond just being well tanned.

The only other thing that bugs me a little is the shadow definition painted on the costume. This is already a 3D figure with an abundance of sculpted detail, including things like the abs, etc. They are going to be revealed naturally in almost all kinds of lighting. As such I would have stepped the shadow color down to be a lot closer to the base color. Most people I expect will think it looks great as it is, but to me it's just a little too obvious and on-the-nose.

Other than those (and the issues with the foot pegs), it is a pretty exhilarating piece.

Has anyone commented on the masked head being PVC? The way I see the light shine on the skin (compared to the bare arms) and the teeth, along with the high degree of precision in the delineation of the individual teeth, makes me think this must be PVC.

No complaints from me there if it is. Just an observation.
If not, the factory did an even more remarkable job with it.

This is really my only serious complaint with this piece, which is otherwise a phenomenal representation of the character.

Nits I could pick would be that the skin tones on mine seem a little too dark. I wasn't expecting baby pink, but what is here goes beyond just being well tanned.

The only other thing that bugs me a little is the shadow definition painted on the costume. This is already a 3D figure with an abundance of sculpted detail, including things like the abs, etc. They are going to be revealed naturally in almost all kinds of lighting. As such I would have stepped the shadow color down to be a lot closer to the base color. Most people I expect will think it looks great as it is, but to me it's just a little too obvious and on-the-nose.

Other than those (and the issues with the foot pegs), it is a pretty exhilarating piece.

Has anyone commented on the masked head being PVC? The way I see the light shine on the skin (compared to the bare arms) and the teeth, along with the high degree of precision in the delineation of the individual teeth, makes me think this must be PVC.

Sideshow started using translucent resin for their head sculpts a few years back.

How does this compare to the XM version? Which is a better option?

That's something you'll have to decide for yourself.

For me, there's more I like about this version than compared to the XM version. For example, I like the sculpt, proportions, pose and portraits more on this than the XM version.

Perhaps this is one of those pieces? I've never had a bad experience with translucent resin from Sideshow or Prime 1.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sideshow and prime 1 are very different, which sideshow ones are you talking about?

I also have a Wolverine that the skin tones go well beyond tanned. Not that noticeable on the masked head, but the unmasked head would make George Hamilton look pale! Debating on eating the shipping costs to return it and rolling the dice in getting another one later. Otherwise it is a great statue.

Back