Premium Format New Wolverine Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Further inspection, the peg of ex head is too short and causes the head not staying securely because both magnets - on the neck and the head - are too far apart comparing to regular head. I added an extra magnet onto the head - no need to glue - and now it works like a charm.
91fd8b6e497c2e065de61c403b8759f0.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

That's a great idea but I'm guessing there's no danger of it falling off is there?

We're not talking batman modern age premium format where it could actually fall off are we

That magnet thing on the EX head sounds like a defect. I would try to get at least $25 from SSC or something. You shouldn't have to fix anything when these things cost $570.

That magnet thing on the EX head sounds like a defect. I would try to get at least $25 from SSC or something. You shouldn't have to fix anything when these things cost $570.
I was thinking about it but it might have some other issues. Sideshow QC is like Russian Roulette.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

My old statue have. Same. Weak magnet. I shall try like yours. Thanks for sharing

It's probably because they're waiting on the 2nd batch from the factory...

Ok thanks. I'll be getting my first Wolverine piece this Tuesday and I have been collecting for 5 years. I feel this and the XM one is the best. The main reason I didn't go with XM was the price but this one from SS looks good enough.

I had doubts when placing an order for him because I did not like the textured outfit and the yellow costume but once in hand that has been forgotten. It is beautiful. I did not have any issues with the peg on the foot but yes the EX head is loosey goosey. Come on Sideshow!

IMG_2808.jpg

Wolverine #1588 checking in. Turned out perfect. Really impressed with this statue.
5ba457f7d7f64acaef211b0cc75b3427.jpg
2c14687145c1805dab0801b2988ed748.jpg
16cadc074e251c265c3a10370fde14a9.jpg
689f8009e794fcf38bbb081a32096590.jpg
a941c8ebeb24472725ca348003b9a825.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

What I find interesting is the optical illusion of him leaning. When I see pics of him now in this thread, some (to me) show him leaning. But when I look at mine in person there is zero lean whatsoever.

Just curious anyone read any of the newest Marvel relaunches "Fresh Start"...worth picking up? Geeze is it what 7 relaunches in 7 years. Got my ship notice for this as well. Only hoping the delay from final bill to ship is that they actually inspected them due to peg issues and a few reported paint flecks.

Everything about this statue is awesome! The proportions, pose, sculpt and paint are just on point!

Just got him in, an absolute masterpiece for its scale. Here are some quick pics
1bbeab35c336a3b4979f59b6793880a2.jpg
3a6e701ff80675f727ab2f08989a8429.jpg
I dig it, however the price points for SS PF nowadays has me feeling like this may be one of my last SS pieces. Looking at Magneto, Rogue etc... it’s a bit much and feels overpriced to me a bit. Other options close to this range to like P1 or XM statues makes me feel I have to get more selective. I absolutely love the X-men and regret selling my original X-MEN SS statues but don’t think I may go much deeper with the series after this guy(although magneto is on my radar).

Just got him in, an absolute masterpiece for its scale. Here are some quick pics
1bbeab35c336a3b4979f59b6793880a2.jpg
3a6e701ff80675f727ab2f08989a8429.jpg
I dig it, however the price points for SS PF nowadays has me feeling like this may be one of my last SS pieces. Looking at Magneto, Rogue etc... it’s a bit much and feels overpriced to me a bit. Other options close to this range to like P1 or XM statues makes me feel I have to get more selective. I absolutely love the X-men and regret selling my original X-MEN SS statues but don’t think I may go much deeper with the series after this guy(although magneto is on my radar).

Nice pics man! And "overpriced" is an understatement. I guess it's not out of the question given XM, Prime1, and IronStudios all fall within the higher price points. more companies has sort of pushed the pricing upwards instead of downwards. It's both good and bad for the consumer. On the one hand, we get more companies, more competition, and more variety which is great. On the other hand, when Sideshow was the only kid in town, their prices were far more reasonable. I have been pretty much priced out of the hobby for the most part. I am grateful I got most of my prized pieces while the mean average was about $350 for a PF. $700 is a bar I am not willing to cross unless its a massive scale or a must have character still missing from my collection.

Back