Premium Format New Wolverine Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't faze me anymore either. What does faze me, though, is the amount of fan boys that defend Sideshow to the death, even though this kinda crap happens so often. It wasn't that long ago, people were receiving broken Thanos maquettes left and right, or before that when 100% of customers received Huntress with cape bleeds all over.

On Facebook hardly anyone had a broken Thanos

There’s like one or 2 trolls on this forum that claim there’s arrived broken with no pics...

Unless you actually see it in person you can’t call it a fail

Thanos on Throne is the best statue released this year by a mile

I can tell u missed out on the EX

I think Sideshow should do what Prime 1 does and have their production facility also produce their final prototypes. At least that way it minimises potential differences in quality.

It doesn't faze me anymore either. What does faze me, though, is the amount of fan boys that defend Sideshow to the death, even though this kinda crap happens so often. It wasn't that long ago, people were receiving broken Thanos maquettes left and right, or before that when 100% of customers received Huntress with cape bleeds all over.

Damn straight

On Facebook hardly anyone had a broken Thanos

There’s like one or 2 trolls on this forum that claim there’s arrived broken with no pics...

Unless you actually see it in person you can’t call it a fail

Thanos on Throne is the best statue released this year by a mile

I can tell u missed out on the EX

By the way, I'm dying to hear your dense explanation of how mentioning QC issues on three completely different statues equates to "I can tell u missed out on the (Thanos) EX."

This should be a great story.

Just a moment, let me grab a snack.

Last edited:
It’s very simple I’ve had 20 parcels from Sideshow and none needed returns in the past year

I don’t benefit from saying so

Unlike you

Sour grapes from mistakes years ago you for whatever reason spout out your “100%” statistic without actual experience or relevance.

If you haven’t purchased the piece your opinion means nothing to me.

I’ve been banned from that other forum numerous times for disagreeing with nutriders...

That’s like akin to 14 year old trolls on the internet blasting Xbox over PlayStation because they can only have one.

You are a grown ass man, start acting like one.

Correct me if I’m wrong but your justification for skipping Thanos was because Magneto would be worth it...

I’m glad that worked out for you.

EX or fail

Sour grapes

Yeah back to Wolverine

The paint on the portrait looks like makeup on a very ugly woman

It doesn’t faze me that people bring up Huntress or thanos or whatever past “failure” from ten years ago that adds nothing of value to the discussion in a Got damn Wolverine thread

Some of us here actually have money down on this thing...

The unmasked head looks solid.

It’s still frustrating though to have to always wonder how much different the final version is going to be from their original. I don’t think it’s really a great long term situation to have yourself in as a company where you get everyone excited with what you show them originally, only to have them feel a bit of disappointment in what they actually end up getting because it’s of a lower quality. “I wish they could give me what I saw first” isn’t really something you want your customers saying repeatedly.

They need to be more conscious of what their mass production is capable of when they’re initially creating. Or they need better mass production. What they don’t need though is to start charging more and still have things like this happen. If price goes up and quality doesn’t, that’s a problem.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Proto to production is always hit and miss with sideshow. All we can do it pray and keep our fingers crossed that the paint job holds up, as it invariably doesn't. Does it look good enough to purchase when looking at the production piece? That is a question that can only be answered by the person who buys it, and I am sure there are people happy with the bvs WW.

However the disparity between what is shown initially and what we get is sometimes pretty extreme. The question is whether they should tone down the quality on their proto? From a business perspective this makes no sense as they want pre orders. Is an interesting discussion and regardless of sideshow's responsibility, the bottom line surely is just don't pre order people!

Once again, especially for the harsher critics, what existing Wolverine statue compares or exceeds the SS Wolverine production sample? I’ve asked the question before with no response, just more bashing. I’ve also critized some aspects of the statue, but in the end still believe that it is still the best Wolverine ever produced. Instead of blind bashing, can someone actually come up and show (pics) of a better version?

It’s very simple I’ve had 20 parcels from Sideshow and none needed returns in the past year

I don’t benefit from saying so

Unlike you

Sour grapes from mistakes years ago you for whatever reason spout out your “100%” statistic without actual experience or relevance.

If you haven’t purchased the piece your opinion means nothing to me.

I’ve been banned from that other forum numerous times for disagreeing with nutriders...

That’s like akin to 14 year old trolls on the internet blasting Xbox over PlayStation because they can only have one.

You are a grown ass man, start acting like one.

Just as I suspected - avoidance of question + a crap load of idiotic gibberish = three posts of nonsense.

It doesn't surprise me you've been banned from forums. What does Magneto have to do with the conversation? Nothing. But, yes continue to bring up inconsequential statements.

Oh, and I'm sorry I didn't realize two pieces coming out in the second half of 2017 and the first half of 2018 was "10 years ago."

Unfortunately, I won't be responding to anymore of your name-calling or angry fits, but I'm sure for the people that get to experience them, they'll be spectacular. LOL, and you talk about me needing to act like a "grown ass man."

You need some serious help.

Ciao!

Last edited:
I just don't want the damn thing to lean, that's all. I can only really determine that from in hand pictures or when I get mine in. I'm hopeful it will still be an amazing sculpt and I won't have to return it for any reason.

Once again, especially for the harsher critics, what existing Wolverine statue compares or exceeds the SS Wolverine production sample? I’ve asked the question before with no response, just more bashing. I’ve also critized some aspects of the statue, but in the end still believe that it is still the best Wolverine ever produced. Instead of blind bashing, can someone actually come up and show (pics) of a better version?

Apparently you can't understand my turd comparison. Why does there need to be a "top this" posted.

If it's bad, it's bad. A turd is a turd.

And to answer your question: I'll bet you $100 right now that the upcoming XM Wolverine will not look like a child painted it, and will be a superior product.

$100. Then we will open a poll to see who wins. SS vs XM. Game?

Sideshow dream seller with their proto. And in the end it is always the disappointment with the version of production...

Has an opinion on the quality of a ss piece. Touts that person for missing out on an ex of another piece. Whut? Lol

I hope at least the paint on this wolverine is good. The lean issue ill figure out myself. Not the smartest purchase decision but i really like this piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on that review, overall I think it looks amazing. The video quality wasn't the best but it looked like the paint apps were good, nothing on the face through me at all. I still don't like that lean. Looking at it head on it looks like the left side of the base needs to be raised a little for it to be perfect. You could probably stick a small wedge of paper underneath to achieve it, but it still looks great though.

Back